what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
VTRDark

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by VTRDark »

I never get sick of admiring Robs Mori bike......Hey I can call it a Mori now :beer: And it still has the greasy paw print on the rear wheel. I've been thinking about that sprocket cover. You could cut away a lot of the inside bit so it's more like a U shape as long as some is left on the outside to cover the teeth of the sprocket. You still need another cover though as that one has holes in it, but it would look good polished up. The front header pipe deserves a bit of a polish too when you get the engine swapped. Stick some of the following on and they wont discolour again.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HYCOTE-CLEAR- ... Sw7PJZaO1D

Kevs bike is looking as clean as ever. I like all the little touches like the rubber trim around the front of the fairing lower. :thumbup: Where did you get your front brake calliper TI fork mounting bolts from? I'm struggling to find these apart from the silly priced Japanese ones.

I Have my bike stripped and putting a few shiny bits on to replace the rusty bolts. I am also refurbishing by brake callipers including new retainer springs which has to be purchased from Honda. They are not even stainless :roll: I also have some truck bed spray to redo my swingarm and forks. Frame can wait till later as I don't fancy taking that off right now, though I'm tempted to do a cover up and spray while on I don't believe it would look as good and could get messy. My chain has got unbelievably rusty just sitting in the garden and it was well oiled :evil: Bikes that sit around and don't get used deteriorate faster than bikes that get used. On reflection I should have covered the bike in ACF-50. The bodywork paintwork is still a shambles. Looks like a Rat bike.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Watty

Post by Watty »

Kev L wrote:You're all mean & nasty, apart from Rob. He appreciates the correct colour choice and isn't jealous! :lol:
Love you really :beer:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

VTRDark wrote:I never get sick of admiring Robs Mori bike......Hey I can call it a Mori now :beer: And it still has the greasy paw print on the rear wheel. I've been thinking about that sprocket cover. You could cut away a lot of the inside bit so it's more like a U shape as long as some is left on the outside to cover the teeth of the sprocket. You still need another cover though as that one has holes in it, but it would look good polished up. The front header pipe deserves a bit of a polish too when you get the engine swapped. Stick some of the following on and they wont discolour again.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HYCOTE-CLEAR- ... Sw7PJZaO1D

Kevs bike is looking as clean as ever. I like all the little touches like the rubber trim around the front of the fairing lower. :thumbup: Where did you get your front brake calliper TI fork mounting bolts from? I'm struggling to find these apart from the silly priced Japanese ones.

I Have my bike stripped and putting a few shiny bits on to replace the rusty bolts. I am also refurbishing by brake callipers including new retainer springs which has to be purchased from Honda. They are not even stainless :roll: I also have some truck bed spray to redo my swingarm and forks. Frame can wait till later as I don't fancy taking that off right now, though I'm tempted to do a cover up and spray while on I don't believe it would look as good and could get messy. My chain has got unbelievably rusty just sitting in the garden and it was well oiled :evil: Bikes that sit around and don't get used deteriorate faster than bikes that get used. On reflection I should have covered the bike in ACF-50. The bodywork paintwork is still a shambles. Looks like a Rat bike.
Visit titanclassics.com , he sells through E Bay but charges more to cover costs. If you buy anything he was offering 10% through his website if you entered voucher code:titanclassics.com 10% discount, at the checkout stage.
He does most of the bolts for the forks,brakes as well as Ti brake pins and the hollow spacer/slider doubery furkin for the rear calliper.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Carl, I used Titanclassics as well, they are good stuff
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Thanks guys :thumbup: I'm sick of rusty bolts the weight saving is a bonus.
==============================Enter the Darkside
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

booked it on the ferry for a friday night to France , just 2 days though, back sunday night.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

cheers carl i will try that on my pipes, iv now two very shiney sets of downpipe so would like them to stay that way. :thumbdown:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Cadbury64

Post by Cadbury64 »

fabiostar wrote:fitted silly coloured pipe to the blue one..

and we natty harris hangers
Spotted this image on FB today:

2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Cadbury64 wrote:
fabiostar wrote:fitted silly coloured pipe to the blue one..

and we natty harris hangers
Spotted this image on FB today:

What Facebook was that Cadbury?
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
Cadbury64

Post by Cadbury64 »

Carbon Garage; a local business that imports used bikes ex Japan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

What are you saying Lloyd? Is that yours, or are you just chasing 20k post?
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Or I now see that it's 20001.
Well done sir.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

20000 post about sheep and lube, 1 helpful post
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

tried out my new pipes.......it just happens the UGP course is beside me and the only other person i seen was some mad Jap doing practice starts?? :clap: . oh and the flying kilo was clean empty....be rude not to lol

the older i get,the faster i was :lol: