what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
freeridenick

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by freeridenick »

Pretty much finished prepping the bodywork for paint. Another hour is so and it'll be ready to prime. I also started working on making the exhaust hangers Yeti gave me work with the Mori cans. I need to shorten them and raise them but I think they will work.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

shovelled my we hurt aprilia back into the cave.. shes a tad ugly now but not a right off at least,, it will live again :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Had a visit from Mr & Mrs Yeti San... Various parts collected & his wallet suitably lightened... :lol: :lol:

Nice to see you & thanks for the funds... Frank will be well fed. :Taz:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Modified some exhaust hangers Yeti gave me to fit the Mori system. Considering I had to bend them in different places, straighten some bits and drill new mounting holes, all with a fair bit of guesswork, I got it rock on. A bit of tidying up tomorrow and they'll be ready to paint.

sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your

Post by sirch345 »

freeridenick wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:57 pm Modified some exhaust hangers Yeti gave me to fit the Mori system. Considering I had to bend them in different places, straighten some bits and drill new mounting holes, all with a fair bit of guesswork, I got it rock on. Image A bit of tidying up tomorrow and they'll be ready to paint.

Don't forget to take some photo's when they are finished and fitted Nick :D :D

Chris.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Managed to finish the exhaust hangers. Deciding to take a bit of material out to make them look a bit less agricultural was a ball ache but they look better. I should have filed the bottom edge up a bit but I ran out of inclination. They'll have to do until I find a set of Mori ones. Image

sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your

Post by sirch345 »

freeridenick wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:31 pm Managed to finish the exhaust hangers. Deciding to take a bit of material out to make them look a bit less agricultural was a ball ache but they look better. I should have filed the bottom edge up a bit but I ran out of inclination. They'll have to do until I find a set of Mori ones. Image

Looking good Nick :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thanks for the photo,

Chris.
Donut 77

Post by Donut 77 »

Finished the forks, (been waiting 8 weeks for chroming) filled em up with oil, front wheel on.

Happy days 🙂🙂
Good job I’m not in a rush…
No longer in the B154-M club.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Finished off prepping the bodywork ready to go to the painters on Monday.

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

A catch up on bike jobs now completed.

On the VTR I fitted a new bottom bearing and seal on the steering head, the top one didn’t need replacing. Didn’t have any time for a road test before the Scotland trip, so I took the big socket needed to slacken off the top stem bolt…..but looks like I got the tension right first time, no clunk on braking and the steering flops side to side with no resistance.

I also increased the sag both back and front (about 2mm each end) as the bike was kicking me out of the seat on sharp bumps, and changing the damping wasn’t helping, so I wanted to see if having the suspension deeper in the stroke would make a difference. I have to say it transformed the bike from how it felt going down to Popkats funeral, it was now much more composed at speed if the road surface was a bit uneven…. For the Scottish weekend I was really enjoying the VTR, there was no thinking that I would have been faster on the Ktm, which has been my feeling sometimes last year.
I Might try adding more sag and see if that further improves the composure.

On the mighty KTM, I have found a small Canadian company that makes a plug and play, retrofit cruise control for the 1190 that plugs into the CANbus OBD port. Although it has electronic throttle, the 1190 Adventure never came with the option of CC, and when you are just covering miles, it is something I have missed for the added comfort and convenience. So I took a punt and ordered.
I got hit by tax and duty charges, but its was still a good price for a full function system with all the key signals to control or deactivate CC being read over the CAN bus. They even take the LH switchgear off another KTM that has got CC as standard and modify it so it will connect to the 1190 harness, giving you a factory looking implementation.

Oh and it now has illuminated buttons too.
Cc button
Cc button
Illuminated
Illuminated
And while I had the tank off I put a new air filter in as well.
Ktm stripped
Ktm stripped
Now that’s what you call a petrol tank
Ktm tank
Ktm tank
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Good work, Al. That'll make the long 50 limit stretches of motorway more tolerable.
Are you saving up for the radar/lidar option next?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

found a new old stock lefthand rear panel for the pegaso and not at aprilia prices :Argue 1: . £32 delivered, chucked it on, used a firestorm footpeg to replace the one i ripped of, chucked a set of bars on i had sitting about and other than tank rash on the left side its pretty much back to how it was.

then...

i sat with a beer or 3 and just looked at the 3 of them deciding bike wise what i actually wana do, what i use my bikes for, how much or otherwise i use them :confused
iv pretty much all basis covered but, im bored and when i get bored normally the sh1t hits the fan... we will see :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:52 pm A catch up on bike jobs now completed.

On the VTR I fitted a new bottom bearing and seal on the steering head, the top one didn’t need replacing. Didn’t have any time for a road test before the Scotland trip, so I took the big socket needed to slacken off the top stem bolt…..but looks like I got the tension right first time, no clunk on braking and the steering flops side to side with no resistance.

I also increased the sag both back and front (about 2mm each end) as the bike was kicking me out of the seat on sharp bumps, and changing the damping wasn’t helping, so I wanted to see if having the suspension deeper in the stroke would make a difference. I have to say it transformed the bike from how it felt going down to Popkats funeral, it was now much more composed at speed if the road surface was a bit uneven…. For the Scottish weekend I was really enjoying the VTR, there was no thinking that I would have been faster on the Ktm, which has been my feeling sometimes last year.
I Might try adding more sag and see if that further improves the composure.

On the mighty KTM, I have found a small Canadian company that makes a plug and play, retrofit cruise control for the 1190 that plugs into the CANbus OBD port. Although it has electronic throttle, the 1190 Adventure never came with the option of CC, and when you are just covering miles, it is something I have missed for the added comfort and convenience. So I took a punt and ordered.
I got hit by tax and duty charges, but its was still a good price for a full function system with all the key signals to control or deactivate CC being read over the CAN bus. They even take the LH switchgear off another KTM that has got CC as standard and modify it so it will connect to the 1190 harness, giving you a factory looking implementation.

Oh and it now has illuminated buttons too.

IMG_4519.jpeg
IMG_4520.jpeg

And while I had the tank off I put a new air filter in as well.
IMG_4468.jpeg

Now that’s what you call a petrol tank

IMG_4469.jpeg
That sounds like a good Mod Al 8)
The illuminated switch gear tickled me, but in the dark is probably really useful :thumbup: :thumbup:

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:34 pm found a new old stock lefthand rear panel for the pegaso and not at aprilia prices :Argue 1: . £32 delivered, chucked it on, used a firestorm footpeg to replace the one i ripped of, chucked a set of bars on i had sitting about and other than tank rash on the left side its pretty much back to how it was.

then...

i sat with a beer or 3 and just looked at the 3 of them deciding bike wise what i actually wana do, what i use my bikes for, how much or otherwise i use them :confused
iv pretty much all basis covered but, im bored and when i get bored normally the sh1t hits the fan... we will see :thumbup:
Good to hear the Aprilia is now in a better state Rob :thumbup:

How are you doing :?:

Chris.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

fabiostar wrote:found a new old stock lefthand rear panel for the pegaso and not at aprilia prices :Argue 1: . £32 delivered, chucked it on, used a firestorm footpeg to replace the one i ripped of, chucked a set of bars on i had sitting about and other than tank rash on the left side its pretty much back to how it was.

then...

iv pretty much all basis covered but, im bored and when i get bored normally the sh1t hits the fan... we will see Image
Bored with the bikes or bored with the type of biking you're doing? Or bored because you've nothing to fettle?