what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by tony.mon »

I understood that 130 was the region where bracing the sa mounts became a good idea.
I have a plan ready for when that needs doing, and will be able to fit Blade rearsets at the same time.

Currently I believe I'm around 120, but I haven't had it dyno'd for a while now. But the fuelling does need adjustment, all the airbox work has meant that it no longer fuels perfectly, and coughs and splutters with big handfuls at revs over 6K.
If you wind it on gently it's ok, but then I've never been one for gentle anything, really.

It's the sort of thing you ride round, then one day sort it and kick yourself for not doing it ages ago.

I'm more interested in the torque figures, really, as they are most certainly increased again after the last round of airbox mods.
No idea if it's at the expense of out and out top end BHP, but the use I put the bike to and the way I ride I can live with that trade-off, tbh.

Let's see what Lloydie's bike achieves. Fingers crossed for you.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Sounds like I will have to take some bigger main jets when I go I have 185dj fitted so I will take 190 and 195 and some needle washers . When are you making the frame ears tony ?
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

When are you making the frame ears tony ?
He must be trying them out as he can't hear you. :lol: :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
tony.mon

Re: what have you done to your

Post by tony.mon »

lloydiecbr wrote:Sounds like I will have to take some bigger main jets when I go I have 185dj fitted so I will take 190 and 195 and some needle washers . When are you making the frame ears tony ?
Not planned at present; don't need them yet.

But the design is done, so it'll be straightforward once I need them, then a bit of welding and away we go.

The design I've come up with means I won't have to take the frame apart to weld them in; they can be done in situ. just remove the old footrests and weld new mounting positions in place.
The main part of the "ear" that curves down to meet the swingarm mount is bolted on afterwards, giving a lot of access to the small mounting plates so that the welder can get in behind them without having to remove the wheel, swingarm, hugger or chain.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Sounds good tony .
I'd be up for a set when you make them :-) .
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Thought I would have a go at plastic welding
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
I think I done good for my first go at it :-)
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

I thought I would have a go at finding out where this idle problem was coming from, and for some reason I noticed oil around the head cover bolt, so I took a few out and the bolt washer marked up part were the right way so I check the oil level. I noticed it wasnt between the two markers, infact it was over filled, so I thought I would so that oil change I had been putting off a few weeks.

And things just got worse.

The last person to do the oil sump bolt up must of stood on the friggin tool to do it up, I had serious doubts it was coming off the conventional way, but it did, after bending a cheap socket convertor, the oil gushed out quicker than I thought and flew over the lip of the oil pan, making a rather large oil stain on my garage floor.

then after a lot of grrrrr :Argue 1: I went for a drink, came back and decided to take off the oil filter.............. :(

I discovered that I didnt have the removal tool for the head so I tried to use a chain tool, the frigging thing would NOT move, it was just making nice dents, so I decided to screw driver the thing, that wouldnt work either the actual filter was bending :eek2 , so I went to the shop which was just closing and bought the head tool £7.50p and went home again, this tool didnt work and I was thinking at this time " oh shi......".

So I thought this is a win or lose situation and put another screw driver through at a different point on the filter and the sod moved :beer: .

As some of you who were the past couple of workshop days know I'm a torque wrench fanatic whose pet hate is people over tightning stuff, so Saturday for me was like being in hell :lol:
seb421

Post by seb421 »

lloydiecbr wrote:Thought I would have a go at plastic welding
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
I think I done good for my first go at it :-)
Sweet that mate, what did you use to do the welding, how much was it, and what plastic sheet did you use?

Thanks
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

good work lloydie..... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Looks a good effort there Lloydie, well done mate. Marty may be your first customer for a bit of fairing welding! :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Thanks guys :-)

I used a 750w soldering iron with hoop fitting .
The plastic used was an old multi tool box :-) cut up over sized to aid the welding and for extra filler I used cheep cable ties .
It was easier than than I thought and the fumes gave me a bad head for a few hours lol
Last edited by lloydie on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Kev L wrote:Looks a good effort there Lloydie, well done mate. Marty may be your first customer for a bit of fairing welding! :thumbup:
lol I bet he has lots of side fairings waiting to go on :-)
seb421

Post by seb421 »

lloydiecbr wrote:Thanks guys :-)

I used a 750w soldering iron with hoop fitting .
The plastic used was an old multi tool box :-) cut up over sized to aid the welding and for extra filler I used cheep cable ties .
It was easier than than I thought and the fumes gave me a bad head for a few hours lol
Nice work, have you got any pics or links of re-routed breather pipes etc

nice one
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Not got that far yet :-(
I need to get some crank case breather filter x4 and some hose pipe and clips
They will have to wait till next weekend as funds are low till then .
And I need to get one more air box to cut up .-)
seb421

Post by seb421 »

lloydiecbr wrote:Not got that far yet :-(
I need to get some crank case breather filter x4 and some hose pipe and clips
They will have to wait till next weekend as funds are low till then .
And I need to get one more air box to cut up .-)
three air boxes?

I've got the spare I've had for a while and plan to do this mod before i get it on the dyno and set up

i would like to squeeze as much power for little money as i can outta this for now
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14