What's annoyed you today??

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: What's annoyed you today??

Post by MacV2 »

I have a slight issue...Locking up on Sat eve I had a bit of an issues closing the MacCave door...Turns out I discovered yesterday the spring on one side has lost tension & the cable has come off...So door is all wonkey...I think I may be able to fix it but I need A N Other to open & close the door whilst I'm inside...Job for the weekend methinks...

Good exscuse for a day off ? '' Sorry I cant come in today, can't get me garage door open so can't get me bike out...''
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Finally sorted car insurance out (robbing shits )
Took the car for short run as its the first time driving it as a "friend" viewed it a brought it for me (the missies) he told me it's a very good car and is a sweet as a nut ,what ever that means ?!.
I'm no car man but it needs some work on the brakes and the heater is stuck on hot !.
Looks like I'll be getting my hands dirty :-(
He's going to get a kicking .
vanstub

Post by vanstub »

:problem: Image
nuff said
Life's too short for plain biscuits :thumbup:
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

vanstub wrote::problem: Image
nuff said

That's you screwed then :thumbdown:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

vanstub wrote::problem: Image
nuff said
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

At least it can be plugged :thumbup:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

fecking insurance companies. absolute nightmare.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

The Custard Crumble died on me today, Just came off the A2 glanced down at speedo & all clocks dead...Made it round to the next roundabout & as I pull on to it ...the bike died...

Paddled off to the side of the road...no clocks, but lights up on dash, zilch from the starter...

Left it abit & I get a relay click when pushing starter...

Batt not hot, Finned R/R warm but not overly so.

Made some calls.

Two bikes stopped 2nd one had jump leads so gave it a go & it fired up.

Rode on about 3 miles keeping the revs up when stopping...Got to a set of lights turned right & it died again...On a hill so paddled it forward to get some momentum dropped the clutch & it fired up...next rounderbout it died again...

About a mile from work now but a big uphill run to cover...fek that I'm not pushing it !

Various calls later I've arranged recovery, spent £170 & waited an hour in the drizzel.

Did finaly get through to me manager who basically said nah get home & sort it...Lets face it If I'd gone in & done a days work I would have still had the problem of getting home anyway...I did say I could walk in from where i was but I wasn't prepared to leave me bike at the side of the road in Scabby Wood !

So home now...fortunately I have all the bits to make it live again...Damm bikes :lol: :lol: :lol:
Virt

Post by Virt »

MacV2 wrote:fortunately I have all the bits to make it live again...Damm bikes :lol: :lol: :lol:
You've got at least 4 of every part going, are you slowly going to port them all over to the yellow one and create the first good yellow VTR? :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Virt wrote:
MacV2 wrote:fortunately I have all the bits to make it live again...Damm bikes :lol: :lol: :lol:
You've got at least 4 of every part going, are you slowly going to port them all over to the yellow one and create the first good yellow VTR? :lol:
Am I fek, I'm more likely to pour a gallon of unleaded over it & strike a match... :lol: :lol:
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

That sounds exactly the same as what happened to Suso on Sunday. Running with lights on and everything went blank. Couple secs later started to back fire and wouldn't Rev up. Bike cut out and just got clicking when tried to start. Got the Mrs to run me a spare battery as confident the stator had gone. Spare battery in, fired up first time and rode home without lights or indicators as I knew I was running total loss. Anyway got home and tested all charging circuit and found the rr was not charging the battery. The resin on the back had got hot as you'd expect but it had also gone cresent shaped as it wasn't fitted to a flat back. Ordered new rr and fashioned an alloy plate to go behind when it's fitted.

In short just check to make sure that your stator hasnt grounded out and your rr is putting out a charge.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
vanstub

Post by vanstub »

MacV2 wrote:
Virt wrote:
Am I fek, I'm more likely to pour a gallon of unleaded over it & strike a match... :lol: :lol:
ooh bad news Mac what's the diagnosis does the crumble live again
Life's too short for plain biscuits :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

vanstub wrote: ]
ooh bad news Mac what's the diagnosis does the crumble live again
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 65#p420011
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Letting probably the best bike i have ever owned go .But there are more bikes out there. However i have to be realistic iam approaching 60 in a few years :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bigtwinthing wrote:Letting probably the best bike i have ever owned go .But there are more bikes out there. However i have to be realistic iam approaching 60 in a few years :lol:
Get yaself one of these...

Mind you it has Tony name on that one, I wonder what mods hes done to it...?