what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
VTRDark

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by VTRDark »

I don't bother with the clip and have taken it off completely. Don't see the point in it really as the force of the airbox held down holds the pipe tightly in place. Got no leaks or problems with it. I think Honda just put it there to make life awkward. :lol:

Very ingenious idea with the shoelace that Seb :clap: :clap:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
scott02464

Post by scott02464 »

I must have little girly hands then :lol:

I don't have a problem with sed clip, although I do scratch a couple of mills worth of skin off tho.

It takes me longer to screw the 6 gold screws in that holds the air box down!

It'll grow back :-)
Kev L

Re: what have you done to your

Post by Kev L »

lloydiecbr wrote:
seb421 wrote:
lloydiecbr wrote:Just as you start to get the knack you be fitting a gutted airbox lol
i know bloody typical, I've tried it every which way in the past but just cant get my hands in the gaps, always one of the longest most time consuming jobs for me putting that bitch of a pipe on, cant wait for the Lloydie special
you'll be getting the mk1 tho :-)
Reading the Avatar legend I hope the Lloydie special doesn't involve KY mate! Mk 1 or Mk2.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I do have a gimp suit on the way :-)
Could do with some lube to make delivery of the mk1 easier :-)
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

The Gimp suit and nipples was despatched today in a plain brown box marked "The 18" Anal Intruder butt plug company" as requested Lloydie!!!! :lol: :lol:
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Xenocide

Post by Xenocide »

Today I put on my new ZX master cylinder (Cheers jonacol). Took the forks off and put in new bushes, new seals + 15W oil.

New wheel bearings and had the wheel balanced.

I've got some taper bearings on the way for the head but hopefully I won't have to use it.

I had to remove a bit of material around the caliper mount for my new calipers so I painted the forks whilst they were apart and they look lovely even if I do say so myself.

So just waiting for the paint to cure a bit then I can put the new calipers on. :).

Image here, hopefully you can see it.

'98 VTR (Red - the quickest)
'94 KTM LC4 400e
'69 Land Rover S2 Lightweight
Trowbridge & Surrounding Areas Lawn Mower Servicing & Repairs
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Kev L wrote:The Gimp suit and nipples was despatched today in a plain brown box marked "The 18" Anal Intruder butt plug company" as requested Lloydie!!!! :lol: :lol:
great thank you but no lube :-( lol
Diabolus

Post by Diabolus »

Xenocide wrote:Today I put on my new ZX master cylinder (Cheers jonacol). Took the forks off and put in new bushes, new seals + 15W oil.

I've got some taper bearings on the way for the head but hopefully I won't have to use it.

I had to remove a bit of material around the caliper mount for my new calipers so I painted the forks whilst they were apart and they look lovely even if I do say so myself.

So just waiting for the paint to cure a bit then I can put the new calipers on. :).

what paint did you use ?? im going to do mine over winter + fork overhaul
http://lincsrideouts.co.uk

So many MODS to do so little time to do them ! Mini bi-xenon hid projector viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30721
Xenocide

Post by Xenocide »

Diabolus wrote:
Xenocide wrote:Today I put on my new ZX master cylinder (Cheers jonacol). Took the forks off and put in new bushes, new seals + 15W oil.

what paint did you use ?? im going to do mine over winter + fork overhaul
Some of this stuff (from my local bike shop - support local business ;)).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Simoniz-Tough ... 0823997566

20min drying time between coats. Going to leave it a good few hours to "cure" now though :). It's suppsoed to be chip resistant. I use it on my land rover alot and is excellent
'98 VTR (Red - the quickest)
'94 KTM LC4 400e
'69 Land Rover S2 Lightweight
Trowbridge & Surrounding Areas Lawn Mower Servicing & Repairs
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Lloydie you just need a mask to go with it and you will have the full kit. :) :lol:

Xenocide you have done a good job there. Looking good. You just need a bit of Red now for the faring lower. :wink: Those old lightwights are great fun. Is it the 2 1/4 petrol with tanks under the front seats. :roll:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Just ordered one :-)
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

only the ball gag to go then mate!!! Let's be honest the mask can only improvement. :lol:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

:Ball Kick:
Kev L wrote:only the ball gag to go then mate!!! Let's be honest the mask can only improvement. :lol:
:silent: :biker: :Gay: :Stick1: :Whip:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

:lol: :lol:
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Bugger all other than a clean, was going to do mixture work but just cleaned it and had a huff when i couldnt get some sctraches out of the rear end, wombles knows how they got there.

think im going to get a discrete camera next month and stick it in the garage to watch over them
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033