What's annoyed you today??

General Biker Banter
bigtwinthing

Re: What's annoyed you today??

Post by bigtwinthing »

Mav617 wrote:Sold my house weeks ago, to a couple who offered £145K initially, £15K below asking price. Turned it down, and eventually they came back with the asking price so all good. My tenant agrees to move out by mid-April, and cancels her DD in lieu of deposit. Yesterday I am told their lenders surveyor has devalued it to £145K - so am now left with no sale (wont sell for that) and no tenant!

holy crap, thats not good Mav
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Honda still drawing a blank with no ABS Fault but it don't work!!!, they can find the problem with it.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

bigtwinthing wrote:Honda still drawing a blank with no ABS Fault but it don't work!!!, they can find the problem with it.
Have you tried pulling the brake lever hard while going along?
It won't work at less than 5 mph though.

I got a parcel yesterday.
Amazon listing:
NGK Spark Plug IFR9H11 Plugs [Box 4]
Sold by CAM Autoteile
£25.13

What actually arrived- one plug.
I'm awaiting the refund.

What is it about "box 4" that means "only one really"?

To add insult to injury, they wrote to me apologising and saying I could have the other three if I paid £20 each for them!

So I bought two for £28 posted from a UK seller....

Thank God for Brexit
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

bigtwinthing wrote:Honda still drawing a blank with no ABS Fault but it don't work!!!, they can't find the problem with it.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Had to mow the lawn for the first time this year !! Took ages ☹️
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Spending best part of my shift stuck behind these stinky gits
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Trying to get a drill that will actually drill into the broken exhaust stud on the yellow bike :redface . hss..no...cobalt....no....gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
redpig

Post by redpig »

45 quid 'road tax' for the privilege of avoiding potholes for 6 months, bloody disgrace. bah humbug.
ook
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

fitting the New ABS Module, bleeding it, and its still buggered the light stays on and no Fault code. Honda are stuck too.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bigtwinthing wrote:fitting the New ABS Module, bleeding it, and its still buggered the light stays on and no Fault code. Honda are stuck too.
Tell your Honda dealer to pull their feking finger out & get someone who knows what they are doing to look at it...grrrr!
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
popkat

Post by popkat »

bigtwinthing wrote:fitting the New ABS Module, bleeding it, and its still buggered the light stays on and no Fault code. Honda are stuck too.
Would it not have been the cheaper option to look at the wheel sensors first, I know you said you cleaned them, did you also clean the rings on the wheel.. Also sometimes there's a measurement from the sensor to the ring, if this is out of spec it might bring the light on. if there is a spec it should be in the workshop manual.

Are there ABS fault codes or is the light staying on all the warning it gives you, if so then Honda are chasing nothing looking for codes... check the fuse holder and the wiring for any shorts

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Ouch !- Keep replacing more ABS components ££££ till it's sorted? That's the problem with all the modern electronic gubbins fitted on 21st century bikes.

After taking my VTR's rear wheel on the back of the Transalp for rebooting and the tyre shop pointed out the rear on the Transalp was needing new rubber ASAP due to cracking - back again to shop with the trannny for new tyres top & toe (front needed doing anyway so total £166 + a new inner tube) discovered in taking wheels off that front brakes desperately need post winter servicing / rebuild (check I have in hand stashed away from judicious purchasing in prep new braided hel hoses, new pads, seals) though need to buy new 4 OEM brake pistons £150 *eeek*. So had to ride of carefully home with one caliper zip tied away from the disc (yes it was that bad_ and off the road till addressed.)

Avon investigating relatively early demise of Distanzia rear tyre 8K miles and less than 2 years (but made 2 years before it was fitted!) so hopefully something back from them. Thankfully Firestorm in tip top condition and mobile and website commisions and work coming in thick and fast...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

popkat wrote:
Would it not have been the cheaper option to look at the wheel sensors first, I know you said you cleaned them, did you also clean the rings on the wheel.. Also sometimes there's a measurement from the sensor to the ring, if this is out of spec it might bring the light on. if there is a spec it should be in the workshop manual.

Are there ABS fault codes or is the light staying on all the warning it gives you, if so then Honda are chasing nothing looking for codes... check the fuse holder and the wiring for any shorts

Hi the Gap was fine in the sensors, i removed the sensors 1 at a time and the fault code came up, that shows its working, the light blinked and then stayed on after i put it back together , Ive tried a new batt as the low voltage causes faults too, I have checked the wiring all the way down the Honda system pages and it shill shows no faults but the light stays on, the voltage at the cluster is good too. Iam frustrated that Honda can't sort it. Weirdly the brakes are pretty amazing though, But i promised the Mrs ABS brakes to get her back on the bike.
popkat

Post by popkat »

bigtwinthing wrote:
popkat wrote:

Hi the Gap was fine in the sensors, i removed the sensors 1 at a time and the fault code came up, that shows its working, the light blinked and then stayed on after i put it back together , Ive tried a new batt as the low voltage causes faults too, I have checked the wiring all the way down the Honda system pages and it shill shows no faults but the light stays on, the voltage at the cluster is good too. Iam frustrated that Honda can't sort it. Weirdly the brakes are pretty amazing though, But i promised the Mrs ABS brakes to get her back on the bike.

Have you checked voltage of the sensors, static and by spinning the wheel, again details and voltages and parameters will be in the workshop manual. Is there a separate ABS ECU ? , If all voltages check out and there's no damage/cracks/dirt to or on the rings or sensors or wiring (including corrosion, poor earths etc) then it could be a brain problem which I would imagine to be expensive unless you can get a known good one to try.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

popkat wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:
popkat wrote:

Have you checked voltage of the sensors, static and by spinning the wheel, again details and voltages and parameters will be in the workshop manual. Is there a separate ABS ECU ? , If all voltages check out and there's no damage/cracks/dirt to or on the rings or sensors or wiring (including corrosion, poor earths etc) then it could be a brain problem which I would imagine to be expensive unless you can get a known good one to try.

hi thanks, but again all that has been checked apparently. Its very weird, all voltages at the wiring points are correct too, worth noting the voltage was 13v at 5000 revs, these suffer from charging stators burning out. I may try that next , new stator etc.