Bike Plans

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
bealsey

Re: Bike Plans

Post by bealsey »

I have been fairly bust, got everything made up, all the rear suspension and swingarm is finished, put everything together last night, definately changing the battery box, bu pretty pleased with everything else. painting it satin black and ford dark aubergine pearl! What does everyone tink?

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Really looking forward too seeing this bike finished. You have some very cool mods there :thumbup: The paint colour scheme sounds pretty good to me 8)

Keep up the good work,

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Geordie wrote:yeah me too .. getting wheels painted and on the verge of ordering mario fairings unless snybody has used / second hand ones .. ?

Cheers

George
Mario Nava fairing eh, bling bling :thumbup: You'll definitely have to get some pic's up then :D

Sorry but I can't help you with paint spraying questions, as I've only ever used spray cans.

Chris.
bealsey

Post by bealsey »

I'm doing all my spraying with good old rattle cans, looks ok so far but just need to spray the lacquer then we will see what it comes out like! I used to have skin on my hands but with all the sanding not much left!! Oh well need to get back in the garage before i miss all this nice weather!!

Ps Mario fairings are really nice especially the carbon ones, i was going to go that route before deciding to do the streetfighter! :beer:
bealsey

Post by bealsey »

My Little Project!

I have been fairly busy this year, bought my bike last September ansd stripped it straight away, I have done all the work myself apart from the airbrushing - it did look like this:

Eventually came up with CBR600RR rear, VFR800 SSSA, just been really busy and trying to get the bike finished for the Ace cafe streetfighter show - this is what it looks like now!
My mate also offered to airbrush it all for free, so now looks like a big reptile skinned monster! Let me know what ya think!!

gilson

Post by gilson »

Snake skin? That lookssssssssssssss very nice indeed.

I really like ths paint job, the front fairing and it's general attitude.

One question, can't you mount the exhaust twisted 90degrees so that it looks flat rather than vertical? If you know what I mean? A the moment I think the can could look a little more slippery. But it's mega!
No bike (yet).
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

bealsey wrote:I'm doing all my spraying with good old rattle cans, :beer:
when you said rattle cans, i didnt realise you meant rattle-snake cans lol!
looks very individual :thumbup:
maybe you could turn the can inwards to make the tyre extra sticky!
zorst looks cool btw :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
bealsey

Post by bealsey »

Thanks for the good responses, I have deided to make the rear adjustable as it is a bit too heavy on the wrists at the moment, also got a six spoke wheel, in matching paint to the rear that I have just got to finish and fit a tyre!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Nice job bealsey :clap: 8) 8) Well done.

How did you get on fitting the SP1/2 speedo pod :?:

Chris.
bealsey

Post by bealsey »

sirch345 wrote:Nice job bealsey :clap: 8) 8) Well done.

Chris.
Cheers Chris, the pod is fine apart from two things, the Rev counter does not work because of the differences in signal output and the temperature is overreading by a lot so will change the sensor for an SP type! Overall it looks nice and fits in my light pod perfectly! Just a bit annoying about the rev counter really as i have never ridden a V twin and not sure how high to rev!!! :crazy:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

bealsey wrote:
sirch345 wrote:Nice job bealsey :clap: 8) 8) Well done.

Chris.
Cheers Chris, the pod is fine apart from two things, the Rev counter does not work because of the differences in signal output and the temperature is overreading by a lot so will change the sensor for an SP type! Overall it looks nice and fits in my light pod perfectly! Just a bit annoying about the rev counter really as i have never ridden a V twin and not sure how high to rev!!! :crazy:
Yes you're right, the SP speedo pod does look the part. Perhaps someone in the not to distant future will find away around the rev counter bit.

Chris.
bealsey

Post by bealsey »

I have found someone on Superhawk forum that has given me a wiring diagram and information that should hopefully work out the problem with Rev counter, just need a bit of time to pull it apart.
bealsey

Post by bealsey »

Updated pics now, I have put the matching front wheel on and changed the angle of the seat to make it easier on the wrists. I have also been able to take it out, first time riding a Storm, first time riding a V Twin and its definately different but i bloody love it, The can is crazy loud but i love the noise it makes.

And a little video-
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

looking nice with the seat angle dropped..........I like it.

Looks like such a quiet area with bungalows and ivy covered gables in the photos............they must love it when you ride the bike up the street............or can they turn off their hearing aids :D
AMcQ
bealsey

Post by bealsey »

Yeah i know, they aren't my neighbours though but my mates parents who told me to rev it as much as i could when i left, don't think they get along!!! I try to start it away from my house cos i do get on with my neighbours. (and one is an ex biker cop) :shh: