No, I am too busy surfing for "internet art" to play
No votes
No, my wife wont let me, TV is for Corrie
No votes
No, I wont have them new fangled gadgets in the house
No votes
No, i am too busy riding my bike
No votes
No, i am a grumpy old git with crap thumbs! :)
32%

Total votes: 19

forde

Re: Are you a gamer?

Post by forde »

whats wrong with the arcade version lol? the only difference between it and the others is the hard drive sizes, and the elite has a black case. I have a 20Gb hard drive have had it for three years and barely used any of it. If your not loadin it with videos and music itll never be full saves dont take much room

if your looking to play COD online youll wanna be on the 360, the Wii aint much for online play, the graphics on it arent great at all which is fine for the sort of games you get on the Wii but not for COD, and you need the 360 controller i would hate to play COD with the wii remote and nunchuck lol.

The wii is great for arcadey games, light gun games, general fun games etc but for serious games like cod its all about the 360
Twinpotter

Post by Twinpotter »

Rock Band Drums? :lol:

What next? Rock Band Groupie!?
Might work well on the Wii. :lol:
Starts with a R. Rrrrrrrr. Motorbike!
Twinpotter

Post by Twinpotter »

Timbo wrote:From that reply I assume you're a grumpy old technophobe, and not up to date with the latest electronic paraphanalia.
:lol: Yes, I can be grumpy from time to time. And yes I'm old (ish early 40s).
But I'm certainly no technophobe. But I have two soldering Irons! And RS & Maplin in the bookshelf :thumbup: So there.

But I can drum on a real kit and that alone makes me unashamedly biased. And grumpy about doing absolutely everything in front of a screen.

Riding the hide off a kit, what a rush. Way more fun in the flesh. It may be more difficult to master but it is infinitely more rewarding. Even if you sound like a set of Tefals falling out of their box, you'll have a hoot. These drum games don't move about, give skin/stick feedback or permit you to loosen the kit mounts/lugs so when played it falls apart completely. And it doesn't get you a chick, or a free pint or three nor the tide of unfunny Drummer jokes. Indeed having a kit has its problems, noise notwithstanding. But there is a solution.

I encourage those with gifts the wrong side of Brown to the right side of Bonham, gifted or otherwise, away with the Band games on consoles. Get a bunch of mates and pile on down to a rehearsal studio for the time of yer lives.

If it inspires you, we could even do auditions, call it the F Factor with the best five musicians forming the band "Firestormer" and the worst forming "Cam Chain and the Tensioners"). In the interests of consistency, the latter will break up and be reformed every couple of years.

Kick kick rimshot, kick kick rimshot, Kick kick rimshot, kick kick rimshot
We will, wee will, Rock you........

:Rock1:

Oddly enough, back in 87 our old band thought up a computer game "Groupie" (in those days, more like those adventure games - take decisions, gather penalties/royalties, chance cards of med checks/wake up itching, chic parties & multiple parenthood, alimony, scandal, bus crashes, carnet troubles, local infractions, etc). We didn't actually get it up and running but we weren't short of research subjects :lol:
Twinpotter

Post by Twinpotter »

Oops. Sorry.