2012 Workshopday Kent. JUNE 16th Confirmed.

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

MacV2

Re: 2012 Workshopday Kent. Provisional Post, date TBA

Post by MacV2 »

Wicky wrote:
So the date.......June 16th 2012

If not enough of you can make that date & it is deemed not worth the effort to hold it, I'm happy to hold one later in the year instead or even next year.

It is possible that the day in question will also be the day of the annual Grain Carnival (I kid you not!) if it is it will not affect us in any way, although I have to admit that it pissed down last year on that day, there is normally a fun fair on the green so if you really want you can all go on the dodgems & get some candy floss.
Digging around trying to find Grain it seems the Carnival last year was in July
Summer Fete and Carnival (Isle of Grain), Saturday 16 July 2011
Isle of Grain’s Summer Fete and Carnival is taking place this Saturday, from 2pm.
Still count me in
Yes it was & will probably be in July this year as well TBH, I got confused as I get confused easily. Ignore all comments re Grain Carnival, fun fairs & candy floss.

DOH!

Sorry.

It is the opening day of the fishing season though, apparently......
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Right, now that a firm date has been confirmed will everybody who is planning on attending please PM me with the following details.

A contact phone number, in case of last minuet catastrophes so I can call you & warn you off if ness. i.e. bad weather, earthquakes, major floods ect.

Planed work to be undertaken.

Tea or coffee? Milk & sugar? I can then make a drinks list up so anyone can put the kettle on & I can get supplies in to cope. (reminds me may have to get extra mugs in.)

Arachnophobic or not ? So I can warn Frank!

PM only please, then I will collate a list & put in a new thread which will include directions of how to get here.

In return I will PM you the address & contact number.

Mac
fireballxl5

Post by fireballxl5 »

Looking forward to it Don't need any work doing just coming along for the entertainment value and to meet all the names with as yet no faces. Am more than willing to help,assist and hinder any one with their pride & joy.(might even learn something) :lol: I understand the relationship between tea,coffee,hot water, milk and sugar, biscuits are the problem. See you all soon
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I understand the relationship between tea,coffee,hot water, milk and sugar, biscuits are the problem.
Are you volunteering :lol:
StormingHonda wrote:
cybercarl wrote:I shall be there too. I like the idea of doing valve clearances, I could do with doing that on my bike. The only bit I need the most help with is the maths :lol:

Have fun :thumbup:

(:-})
We could do both of ours at the same time I suppose, would be good idea, as sometimes they dont need replacing or not all of them so there be a good chance if theres two.
Sounds like a plan :thumbup: Mine are due for checking/adjusting and it's somthing I would like to knock off the list before tuning and dyno :roll: With the weather and thing's at the moment I might just end up doing my cct's instead :lol: NOOoooo Got to do research on valves and work out what my tools list will be know!

Shall PM you Mac as soon as I get round to it. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Murv

Post by Murv »

MacV2 wrote:
Murv wrote:Aaaagghhh, that's the opening day of the fishing season!

If I am out fishing (very likely) is it any help if I bring my new ABBA stand over beforehand for people to use on the day?
Merv,

Frankly I'm disgusted & Frank's just frank to be frank.

You can go bloody fishing on Sunday the fish will still be there! After all,after you have spent the day sitting on a muddy lake bank to catch a fish all you do is put the bloody thing back!

Storm Workshop Days are few & far between, miss this one & more than likely there wont be another until next year.

Only joking really, if fishing floats your boat & it's something you have been looking forward to for a while go for it.

Thanks for the offer of the Stand I may take you up on that depending on the numbers attending. Don't forget I have your Std mirrors still here.

Have you booked in for CCT surgery with Tony yet?

Mac. (not a fisherman)
I know Mac, I know... *hangs head in shame*

It's just that it's been 5 weeks, 6 days, 8 hours, 5 minutes and 22 seconds since I could last get on the rivers and I've had the shakes ever since. Still, it's only 7 weeks, 2 days, 16 Hours and 41 seconds before I can cast a line again (not that I'm counting you understand) but, that magical opening day is 16th June

And... the 16th June falls on a Saturday this Year which means I can go down Friday night, set up and cast out on the stroke of midnight for the first time in Years... (it really is a magical time for river nuts like myself)

However, I do understand the importance of the workshop days, and it would be nice to see Frank again, and nothing is set in stone, so a bit torn at the moment... :crazy:

Either way, I'll run the stand over before hand if it will be useful

Just waiting to hear back from tony M re dates to do my CCT's although the bike is still off the road at the moment as I haven't got the puncture repaired yet.
Hoping to get the wheel off tonight (if it stops %^%$^$%^$ raining for more than a few $^£%^££ minutes) so I can run the wheel into town and get the tyre repaired/replaced as necessary.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Merv,

'Nut' being the operative word! :lol:

With that count down off pat I think you need help Dude.

It's easy, do the fishing bit from midnight until about 8am, when you've drowned enough maggots to satisfy you lust, pack up & come over. We will all know who you are coz you'll be the only one who smells of fish & rat piss & be covered in mud.

:Fish: :Fish1:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Thanks to all those who have PM'd already, (except Marty who can't read instructions)

The Mobile number is my work phone & I'm not supposed to make calls on it, so if you ring that & it is not answered I'm probably driving or up to me elbows in rat poo or cockroaches, just try again later or call home number after 6pm.

I will start a new thread soon with directions & a pictorial how to get here thread.

Kev L has asked me about the likelihood of being attacked by web footed locals, or the Six Finger Gang as they are known in these parts, please don't be afraid the locals are very friendly, play the banjo very well & love their sisters. The local pub is a bit like ''The Slaughtered Lamb'' however.

Mac.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

squeal little piggy............ :eek2
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

:lol: :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

So far 9 confirmed 3 other 'yes I'm coming' but no tea or coffee preferences, 1 CTT 1 Valve check, 1 poss stick coil conversion & lots of lurking & talking baldrocks.

I will definitely have to get some more mugs in.

Having said that there is plenty of room so anyone else who is thinking of joining in please don't be shy, you may want to bring a mug/cup/beaker tho,
drop me a PM to let me know addy & numbers by return.

Mac :thumbup:
Murv

Post by Murv »

MacV2 wrote: We will all know who you are coz you'll be the only one who smells of fish & rat piss & be covered in mud.
None of the Essex lads going then Mac?

:lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Murv wrote:
MacV2 wrote: We will all know who you are coz you'll be the only one who smells of fish & rat piss & be covered in mud.

Yes several others are coming from Essex all with Red Storms.

Form an orderly queue lads I'll get the pineapple. :Show elbow: :Shock1:

I'm also from Essex Merv.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

There's no need to apologise Mac, just a shame you took a backward step over the Thames!!!
:wink:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

MacV2 wrote:
Murv wrote:

Yes several others are coming from Essex all with Red Storms.

Form an orderly queue lads I'll get the pineapple. :Show elbow: :Shock1:

I'm also from Essex Merv.
I got a blue one and not just any blue, but TEAL blue
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote:There's no need to apologise Mac, just a shame you took a backward step over the Thames!!!
:wink:
Unfortunately Kev not a big enough step. I can see Southend from my garden.

On a clear day you can catch the glint off of all the white stilettos! :lol: