Odd One This....

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
VTRDark

Re: Odd One This....

Post by VTRDark »

Is this an immobilizer as part of an alarm? As Kev said, well done for persisting. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
gissmo50

Post by gissmo50 »

Datatool immobilizer stand alone box no alarm just the immobilizer so it can't just be cut out as it would render the bike dead anyway and ad I didn't fit it so don't know how it's wired in the easiest way for me is a new un cut loom and hope it cures her...

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Oh sh1t :( Rather than replace the whole loom which is a bit of a job and more expense. Why not re=trace the wires back through the loom and disconnect. You will have to carefully cut some of the loom sleeving but that can easily be taped back up. :thumbup:

gissmo50

Post by gissmo50 »

The loom that's on there is a mess it's tapped up beyond recognition, its easier to replace the loom in this case it's only the main loom and not any of the sub assemblies brought one for 25 already and shouldbtkae more than afew hours to change

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

A few pics here of how the loom runs at the dront end here that may be of help to you as reference. http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 15#p218074

And a description of how it runs here http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... om#p217420

:thumbup:

gissmo50

Post by gissmo50 »

Cheers Carl will be a great help my intention is to un plug the old and plug in the new as I go from front to back should get it done next week once the new loom arrives

gissmo50

Post by gissmo50 »

Well today I cut out the old loom and replaced it with a uncut good one and it's cured all the problems I that my poorly vtr had, in short thanks for all the good advice I knew we would get there in the end

Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Well done on fixing the problem. :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Well done good work :clap: :clap: you must be relieved that is dealt with, now you can ride it without any cutting out.

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

:clap: jobs a good-un
gissmo50

Post by gissmo50 »

It has shown me just how bad it was running really apart from the major cutting out and the bike stopping it was making it misfire in a small way at cruise and under hard accel which it now doesn't its as smooth as a big twin can be.