The worst bike you have owned.

General Bike chat
carpkisser

Re: The worst bike you have owned.

Post by carpkisser »

CB 250 early model 1973 (?) vintage. Bought from a mate cheap, as I wanted a big bike after my FS1E.

An utter dog. The performance of a C90, supposed sports pipes which actually just made a racket, mouse attack wiring and an oil leak both lethal & unfixable.They're the good bits!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Triumph 955i Sprint with ss swing arm. It used so much oil. looked good but was a crapper.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Kawasaki AR125 lc...

I know it's only a 125 but it tried to have me off every 5 mins!! Tankslappers and bendy forks!!

My mate took it for a smokey 1 min blast round the block and nearly wrapped it round a lamp post :lol: :lol:

Jamie :wave:
mattycoops43

Post by mattycoops43 »

Z200 single, 1980 ish vintage.

The cam runs direct in the head and it eats its way through meaning the points gap varies by 2-3mm. It would run, then stop then run then stop. Forever looked like a Richard trying to kick start it outside the pub!
Budget storm gradually on the road to spangliness.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Jamoi wrote:Kawasaki AR125 lc...

I know it's only a 125 but it tried to have me off every 5 mins!! Tankslappers and bendy forks!!

My mate took it for a smokey 1 min blast round the block and nearly wrapped it round a lamp post :lol: :lol:

Jamie, don't dis the 125s :lol:
I still ride the predecessor to the AR.
its a great bike.......... with bendy forks, mechanical disc that don't brake, no rear damping, 6V and point electrics........but huge smile every time is use it.
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

The ar125 was the first clutch bike I ever road , the next week I brought a rd125lc much better
Bleh

Post by Bleh »

An old CB100 - plumes of blue smoke followed me everywhere I went much to the commuters behind delight :P
Even had a plate made up with text to the bottom that said 'bag of nails', actually may still have it somewhere :oops:

Seen ye ole reliable CB 250/400 'wet'-dream appear once or twice here - had a 250 IMMACULATE one. Gutless isn't the word (as you know) but probably the most reliable bike any of us have ever owned or likely to own again.
Put mine into the side of a 2.0ltr Granada - total loss right off, cracked engine casings and block and the bloody thing still started on the first turn as it always had - AMAZING!

Threw it on the back of a rag and bone van upon being officially written off, 6 weeks later a DVLA letter came through the door asking if I was still in possession of the vehicle as another individual was trying to apply for the full V5 - AMAZED! :wtf:
I'm not death to power tools... If it breaks, it's obviously NOT a power tool!!!