F.....!!!!!!! Car drivers not looking

General Biker Banter
parkergb6

Re: F.....!!!!!!! Car drivers not looking

Post by parkergb6 »

Yep water pump outer housing sorry silly me. Mac Looks like we can do some business once assessors been round etc. Now need to source some yellow fairing. Has anyone seen the full sets advertised on ebay from china for about £300 looks a bit suspect to me.
Mac Ill send you PM.
Thanks Guys
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

8O I was not expecting that from your first post, so I was shocked to see that amount of damage to the bike. Good news you didn't break any bones, but very annoying and maddening all the same.

If you are talking about those Chinese copy fairings on Ebay, have a word with seb421 as he got some for his bike when he had the Storm.

I wish you well in getting better, and getting the bike sorted out.

Chris.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

This is how you deal with dozy myopic car drivers....

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

This is how you deal with dozy myopic car drivers....
Is that part of a film set. I don't think someone could jump through a windscreen like that, even a Ninja. And why where people already standing around watching. Yeh the more I think about it, that is a film set.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Probably Russian police or Spetsnaz anti-terrorism display...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
parkergb6

Post by parkergb6 »

Just been to Drs and signed off for at least three weeks, still struggling to walk and insurance assessors just phoned and will be around tomorrow to look at the bike. Bit nervous to say the least.
Injuries are so far this.

Severe bruising and swelling to the knee, swelling tenderness to ankle, right pinkie crushed and bruised with swelling ,large bruising to left bicep(not sure where that came from the bruise not the bicep) very limited movement to and muscle spasms to right shoulder.
Missus is loving taking the pictures and saying told you so. The worst is due to medication i cant even have a beer.
Only been three days and I'm bored stiff as I'm normally always on the go.

Must be my luck though as the Dr I saw today was also fit as well, I'm sure my luck with this will change.

Thanks for all the messages guys they are making me laugh and love the Myopic car video thing.

Cant wait to get back on the road.
Mac has solved a good chunk of my current shopping list. Will update once assessors been although I imagine I wont find out for a while. :clap:
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

sorry to hear about this, good that you and the bike are in repairable nick mind :thumbup: Good luck with getting roadworthy

the number of people flashing people to come onto the right of way, holding up traffic etc gets on my tits and is plain wrong. Why do some wombles a favour when they know they have to wait at a junction until clear to exit. It couldn't be more simple and this is what can happen. Rant over :D
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Severe bruising and swelling to the knee, swelling tenderness to ankle, right pinkie crushed and bruised with swelling ,large bruising to left bicep(not sure where that came from the bruise not the bicep) very limited movement to and muscle spasms to right shoulder.
Missus is loving taking the pictures and saying told you so. The worst is due to medication i cant even have a beer.
Only been three days and I'm bored stiff as I'm normally always on the go.

& these are just the injuries from the Mrs by the sound of it... :lol:

3 weeks...Pah ! been off 4 months & counting...ya lightweight, you don't know the meaning of bored yet ... :lol:

To cheer you up...

The rad might not be serviceable unfortunately, had a good look at it when I pulled it out of the bin & it's a bit worse than I thought. Might be ok to get you back on the road until something better comes along.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
parkergb6

Post by parkergb6 »

Mac,
Looking good. Really appreciate it. Do you have the r/h front footpeg assembly the bit the swingarm bolt goes through. Once the assesors been tomorrow Ill get some photos done so I actually make sense. Fuel tank is spot on.

Thanks again guys for all your input
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

parkergb6 wrote:Mac,
Looking good. Really appreciate it. Do you have the r/h front footpeg assembly the bit the swingarm bolt goes through. Once the assesors been tomorrow Ill get some photos done so I actually make sense. Fuel tank is spot on.

Thanks again guys for all your input
Sorry Geoff, I sold the set of front footrests I had...If you had only crashed two weeks ago...
parkergb6

Post by parkergb6 »

Insurance assessors been. Seemed reasonable enough now to wait and see what they offer for bike. However he has confirmed that it will be a Cat C write off. So i guess I can start taking apart etc and getting a full list done. Hopefully have offer by middle of next week......?
parkergb6

Post by parkergb6 »

Still awaiting any update on what they will offer for the bike. Should have guessed it wouldn't be any time soon. Got a solicitors on board now regards injury claim (Slater&Gordon). Got some colorful pictures of injuries. Just thankful as it could have been so much worse.

Hopefully I can get out tothe bike soon and start taking bits off in preparation for rebuild. Walking like a bloody idiot at the moment.
Cheers Guys
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Ooo yes ow... that leg is badly bruised and swollen, brings back memories :eek2

You take it easy mate and just rest up. Try and keep the leg elevated to help with the swelling. A couple of pillows under the leg at nights is a good one. Arnica cream works wonders for the bruising.

==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

cybercarl wrote:Ooo yes ow... that leg is badly bruised and swollen, brings back memories :eek2

You take it easy mate and just rest up. Try and keep the leg elevated to help with the swelling. A couple of pillows under the leg at nights is a good one. Arnica cream works wonders for the bruising.

And Veet for the hair ! :lol: :lol: :lol: