Here we go again....

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
agentpineapple

Re: Here we go again....

Post by agentpineapple »

have you decided on a colourscheme then shaun?
i'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Love this pic...woof woof :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

cybercarl wrote:
Love this pic...woof woof :lol:

My little staff 'Bo' I had moved several times while taking photo's just before I took this one... It was until last night when I moved the photos from phone to pc that I noticed him in the background in this pic. Unless i'm taking the bike he always goes to work with me.
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

agentpineapple wrote:have you decided on a colourscheme then shaun?
i'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out... :thumbup:
I think iv'e worked it out mate... didn't get to paint her today though.... finished prepping and then spent a bit of time knocking up some colour samples/test cards. Was a bit late in day to start painting... gonna be in the paint shop for best part of 3 hours doing this and didn't want the booth running late seeing as nice day and neighbors outside... my garage is in a residential area.

Black bike with orange front h/l panel, top yoke, number boards on both rear corners similar to below but with out a border... may do a section of the belly in orange and orange wheels.

The colours... Gonna use a straight black tinter as the main colour.. the orange is kawasaki blazing orange (same orange I had before) which is a 3 coat.. base/mid/top coats
Plan is to paint black.. add the orange basecoat to areas mentioned.. then I will use the mid coat (effects coat) from the orange all over both black and orange the exception being the orange will have a few good coats of the effects coat but the black will only have one light coat... want the black to have a little something in it to make it different but at same time I want to keep the black as black as possible. Make sense? few photos below of 2 test cards i did earlier.. it was only a quick flick of paint which dried back a bit dull because I didn't bother putting heat on. The black has one good coat of mid coat on it but when i do the job I will be thinning down a bit more so the tint isn't quite as heavy. The black don't look very good in photo, hard trying to capture the effect properly on camera but seeing it stood outside in sunshine it look really nice.

Last decision to make.. what to do with belly pan.. was going to spray the small recessed area in orange but I must confess i like the paint job on Bigtwinthing's red/white storm, more to point the way the belly pan is painted... I fancy doing something along those lines.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

I aint no painter really, but i did take time to do the belly pan.( and the forks) i normally rush, however your orange bike does look great, i like orange and black ( ktm sort of) but i like it cause its different on the Storm ( Lloydies bike looks awesome in green and close up its a great job too) I like white wheels.

You obviously a doozy at painting and iam sure it will look the dogs. I reckon, orange pan, with a black bottom and white inside the vents!!

Cant do any photo shop trickery as iam a computer duffer!! ( iam chuffed I've managed some pics!!!) :lol:

I had black forks on a Bulldog with orange fleck in the paint, that looked amazing in the sun, it was Orange, black and silver and that was a great combo. ( no pictures sorry as got zapped by "Cryptolocker and lost 1000 pics) and everything else!!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I iike the look of bogtwinthings bellypan, i'd copy that pattern with the red being orange and the white being black, are you painting on the number boards?
I love the colour scheme shaun, I considered orange/black a few years ago.
keep us posted fella.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

Sounds like that's gonna look very nice mate :thumbup: . What's the craic with the black nail varnish :?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Looks very good that. The Black with some fleck in it is what I imagined. And the numerboard with t e carbon looks top notch. :thumbup:

Give Bo a biccie from me. :wink:

==============================Enter the Darkside
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

agentpineapple wrote:I iike the look of bogtwinthings bellypan, i'd copy that pattern with the red being orange and the white being black, are you painting on the number boards?
was that spelling mistake deliberate agentpintnipple? :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

bigtwinthing wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:I iike the look of bogtwinthings bellypan, i'd copy that pattern with the red being orange and the white being black, are you painting on the number boards?
was that spelling mistake deliberate agentpintnipple? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
that was an innocent typo mate....catch you later bigtwinthong..... :wave:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

bigtwinthing wrote:I aint no painter really, but i did take time to do the belly pan.( and the forks) i normally rush, however your orange bike does look great, i like orange and black ( ktm sort of) but i like it cause its different on the Storm ( Lloydies bike looks awesome in green and close up its a great job too) I like white wheels.

You obviously a doozy at painting and iam sure it will look the dogs. I reckon, orange pan, with a black bottom and white inside the vents!!

Cant do any photo shop trickery as iam a computer duffer!! ( iam chuffed I've managed some pics!!!) :lol:

I had black forks on a Bulldog with orange fleck in the paint, that looked amazing in the sun, it was Orange, black and silver and that was a great combo. ( no pictures sorry as got zapped by "Cryptolocker and lost 1000 pics) and everything else!!
Thanks for your comments :) I'd say I hold my own when it comes to painting but haven't worked a lot with 3 stage before and haven't had to mask like I need to for this... in past it's always just been run of the mill paint work on cars so this will be a bit of a learning curve for me. I do really like your belly pan.. besides it looks great i like the way you broke up the colours.

I could of done with some photoshop skills to help my make my mind up on what I was doing with the bike but i'm crap at it :roll:
Painted number boards.... yep :thumbup:
Watty wrote:Sounds like that's gonna look very nice mate :thumbup: . What's the craic with the black nail varnish :?
I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on the black nail.. bit of a goth moment there :lol:

Ever woke with such a bad hangover that the thought of 'i'll never drink again' pops into the head.... well that's how I feel about painting right now. 4 different base coats, 2 mid coats plus top coat.. equivalent of a bout 12 coats of paint... 5 hours in a warm booth... knackered really does not cut it.

Anyways.... done. Roll on tomorrow and daylight so I can see if i have achieved anywhere near the effect I was after... Overall... it's not brill.. masking up for the orange corners etc was tricky... bare in mind it was a first time doing something like this. Have a couple spots where the lines are not to clever, but... like I said previously I wasn't painting a show bike and it's nothing that I can't put right in the future if I can ever be bothered.
One change of plan... didn't put any orange on the belly pan.. Really wasn't expecting the job to take so long so skipped the pan to save time which it turned out was a good thing because i ran out of orange basecoat just doing what i did... if i had of done the pan I wouldn't of been able to finish the job. Will add orange to the pan but will worry about it another time. Probably won't have any decent photo's of the panels on the bike for a while yet, painting forks tomorrow plus dropping swing arm off to polish along with rear sets and then have service and clutch to do before rebuilding. So a selection of progress pics to on with.

Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

While I think of it... I will be putting decals on the bike... sort of. Wings on the tank, firestorm on the side fairings and the v2 decal on the rear panel... however they wont be decals... Have arranged to have reversed decals made so basically stencils and i will paint the decals on to match with the orange... something else to do another time though.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

The black and orange works well together :thumbup:
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Bloody hell its looks great already. I had big decisions! how many can to use on the forks etc :lol: I went for 7 coats of "Rustoleum hard hat Black" mind you i am happy with them. The pan was red anyway and i bought some good tape, masked it up and put it in the airing cupboard with the paint for 2 days. then sprayed 3 primers and 4 top coats for the white. Overall very happy, there a run and very slight fade on the bit underneath but it isn't bad and i do like the mix of colours. I fancy a white bit through the tank and along the front mudguard but just wanna ride it now with all the mods on through the summer.

Looking forward to seeing yours back together, I can't tell its gonna look shithot.

id have knocked half that stuff of the stands too being a clumsy sod. :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Keep up the good work it's looking GREAT 8)

I like the way you've done the tail section and seat hump cover thing :thumbup:
I also like the way you are going to do your tank and fairing decals, class :clap: although I suppose they are not going to be called decals anymore :wink:

Chris.