Dyno Day 22nd June 2013.

General Bike chat
leevtr

Re: Dyno Day 22nd June 2013.

Post by leevtr »

cybercarl wrote:I have a standard type hi flo filter you can use if you want unless Lloyd has one to save me lugging it all that way. I shall also be bringing a selection of tools, A/F screwdriver, carbtune balancer, I may even buy a can of carb cleaning spray to bring with me. And the way I feel right now, I think I shall bring some Nurofen plus (my leg's throbbing, OW, achee achee :( :( :( ) I have just got back in from a long hard ride. :!:

Work I am planning on doing is as follows:
Get my baseline, see where it's at currently. With my BMC Street filter get it spot on, so however many runs it takes. Then once that's done I would like to chuck a standard filter in and do one last run.

My plan is, if I get it set up with the BMC, that can be my Summer set up (more air flow) and when it comes to Winter, the Weather will lean my carbs off. Cold air and fluids are denser, therefore the particles are packed closer together = more air leaning things off :thumbup: So If I just chuck a standard filter in (less airflow) this should counter balance it and richen it back up. Hopefully....if i'm lucky, it wont require any major changes and will run good without having to mess around with the carbs again. So basically I can just hot swap the filters over for either Summer running or Winter running. I shall have to see how it goes :roll:

O' and this is with two standard long stacks. I originally wanted to get it set up with my Dr Honda copies, but they are out of action right now :thumbdown:

I'm waffling now, my pain killers have kicked in, a grin has crept onto my face. :lol: :lol: :lol:

(:-})
Fcuk me you need to get out more !!
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Griff1977 wrote:
lloydie wrote:I don't think much will happen till 10ish lol
Gotta get those quorn products cooked!!
Are you bringing some !
Griff1977

Post by Griff1977 »

lloydie wrote:
Griff1977 wrote:
lloydie wrote:I don't think much will happen till 10ish lol
Gotta get those quorn products cooked!!
Are you bringing some !
Yep mate, I wouldn't expect them provided. Ill bring a bag of 8 or so. G.
KriegerCCTs,HEL oil lines,+4 advancer,+1/-1 sprockets,6mm spacer,CBR1k Sidestand,'07 R1 R/R,HyperPro springs F&R,Pipe Werx SL Carbons,Oxford sports hot grips,Mori style belly
Immediate plans:Clean it!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Virt, it depends if we get above 15 on the day. But if you kid on that the mystery friend is your dad you might just get away with it :D
AMcQ
Griff1977

Post by Griff1977 »

AMCQ46 wrote:Virt, it depends if we get above 15 on the day. But if you kid on that the mystery friend is your dad you might just get away with it :D
Can't wait to meet you Virt!!!
KriegerCCTs,HEL oil lines,+4 advancer,+1/-1 sprockets,6mm spacer,CBR1k Sidestand,'07 R1 R/R,HyperPro springs F&R,Pipe Werx SL Carbons,Oxford sports hot grips,Mori style belly
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Ill plan to get there early, 9.30-10ish and ill be poised with my quorn sausages!!
What, no Linda Mcartney's :biggrin

==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i need to sort out my bikes fuelling before saturday, its crap above 6.500rpm, i'm waiting for old magic hands to pop round and tinker with me carbs.... :lol:
so ob sat i'll set a base run and maybe make a few adjustments and have another run or two. standard filter and stacks, race cans and dynojet kit.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Griff1977

Post by Griff1977 »

cybercarl wrote:
Ill plan to get there early, 9.30-10ish and ill be poised with my quorn sausages!!

As far as I'm concerned; that brand is dead and buried!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Weather forecast on Saturday is looking like heavy Rain over the whole midlands region.

I will still go along, but this might impact those coming from a long distance........are any of you fairweather dyno types? :lol:

Also is going to make it a bit iffy removing the airbox and carbs if we cant get under cover inside the workshop.

Lloydie, will he still run the session if the weather is bad?
AMcQ
Virt

Post by Virt »

AMCQ46 wrote:Virt, it depends if we get above 15 on the day. But if you kid on that the mystery friend is your dad you might just get away with it :D
Oh yeah. Definitely :roll: I'll bring a tenner just incase cause he bloody won't :lol:
Griff1977 wrote:
Can't wait to meet you Virt!!!
Same to you, and everyone here that I haven't already met. Don't wanna see those two again :p

Guess I need to wash my bike by Saturday then.. Where can I find the time... :lol: Although if it's bad weather on the way there....
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

Griff1977 wrote:
cybercarl wrote:

As far as I'm concerned; that brand is dead and buried!
it was a sad day when linda died. macca gathered the kids together and told them there was good news and bad news.
the bad news is im afraid mums dead , the good news is its steak for tea :thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Kev is still up for it rain or shine .
Lets see what the weather is doing :-(
I will give kev a ring Thursday lunch time with a go - no go .
So I will need you lot that will be going to post it on here for me no later than Thursday 10am
Virt

Post by Virt »

lloydie wrote:Kev is still up for it rain or shine .
So I will need you lot that will be going to post it on here for me no later than Thursday 10am
I'm going :thumbup: If it's on, weather doesn't particularly bother me that much
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

lloydie wrote:Kev is still up for it rain or shine .

cheers Lloydie. :thumbup:

I am still going and will bring teh money that I have as deposits...........if nobody else shows we can get all our extra runs for free :D
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Sounds like a good plan al :-)