Operation Storm II - Pt IV - Wales - Sept 6th-8th 2013

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

geodude

Re: Operation Storm II - Part IV - September 6th-8th 2013

Post by geodude »

Added you both to the list ABB & Dave. It'll be good to meet you both :thumbup:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

Quick Q, what time do you guys normally head out on the Sat for the ride out? We live around 49 miles away but on those back roads, will prob take longer to get there, pitch up and away we go IF you aren't heading out until lunchtime and we have time to set up tent first. Might not be able to take 2 days off as it is literally after we come off our annual holiday. Ta
ABB :-)
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
geodude

Post by geodude »

We usually like to leave between 10-11 although it rarely happens. I'll give you my mobile nearer the day and you can text me your eta. I'll try and hold them back if its not too much after 11. If it looks like it might be, we can meet you on route at one of the stops. Either way'll we'll see you on the day :thumbup:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
Anotherbikerbabe

We were thinking of coming along on the Saturday as got dates firmly in diary now (as got loads of holiday dates already booked in for this year!) dump stuff in someone's tent till we get back off Saturdays ride and then set up later? I'm sure Benny or Neil (if he don't go B&B) wouldn't mind us dropping our gear in their tent till we get back. we can up and out dead early on the Saturday so we'll be ok for getting there for 10ish..she says....lol..

I assume you lot will be arriving later on Friday late afternoon and setting up etc, ride out Saturday, home Sunday. So we can ride up early sat morning, drop gear, off out, get back set up and leave sunday. Job done :-) Just thought, best get a pitch booked! :beer:

ABB
geodude

Post by geodude »

Anotherbikerbabe wrote:We were thinking of coming along on the Saturday as got dates firmly in diary now (as got loads of holiday dates already booked in for this year!) dump stuff in someone's tent till we get back off Saturdays ride and then set up later? I'm sure Benny or Neil (if he don't go B&B) wouldn't mind us dropping our gear in their tent till we get back. we can up and out dead early on the Saturday so we'll be ok for getting there for 10ish..she says....lol..

I assume you lot will be arriving later on Friday late afternoon and setting up etc, ride out Saturday, home Sunday. So we can ride up early sat morning, drop gear, off out, get back set up and leave sunday. Job done :-) Just thought, best get a pitch booked! :beer:

ABB
Sounds good to me. :thumbup:

A few of us tend to arrive Friday afternoon/evening. I'm planning on taking Friday off work and heading up early and popping up the Valley to take some stunning photos of my Italian beauty :twisted:

No need to book. Just turn up and pay. Pick your spot and job done. You will need a £5 cash deposit for a security card though but between us we'll have a few of them already :wink:
Anotherbikerbabe

geodude wrote:
Anotherbikerbabe wrote:We were thinking of coming along on the Saturday as got dates firmly in diary now (as got loads of holiday dates already booked in for this year!) dump stuff in someone's tent till we get back off Saturdays ride and then set up later? I'm sure Benny or Neil (if he don't go B&B) wouldn't mind us dropping our gear in their tent till we get back. we can up and out dead early on the Saturday so we'll be ok for getting there for 10ish..she says....lol..

ABB

A few of us tend to arrive Friday afternoon/evening. I'm planning on taking Friday off work and heading up early and popping up the Valley to take some stunning photos of my Italian beauty :twisted:

No need to book. Just turn up and pay. Pick your spot and job done. You will need a £5 cash deposit for a security card though but between us we'll have a few of them already :wink:

Ok, well I've emailed the site and asked for a pitch for one night etc. No doubt they will email me back etc. We aren't too sure yet if we will do the Friday night or not atm, it is too soon to know if Dave will finish work early enough but it's all good as we are only roughly around 40 odd miles away so it's no problem for us turning up early sat. :-) we've met one or two so looking forward to meeting everyone. hope someone has a good camera to take some great vids. I have posted it on the FB VTR page so you may get a few more yet. :thumbup:
geodude

Post by geodude »

Anotherbikerbabe wrote:I have posted it on the FB VTR page so you may get a few more yet. :thumbup:
[/b]
Ok cool. Would you be so kind as to add people who say they are coming on FB, to this thread so I can update the main thread. It will help me to get a better idea of numbers. It's not a problem, it's just if the group looks like its gonna get too big, then I can plan it so it's split into two. I'll need and extra experienced run leader and rear gunner, that's all.

Cheers :thumbup:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Anotherbikerbabe wrote:
We aren't too sure yet if we will do the Friday night or not atm, it is too soon to know if Dave will finish work early enough b]
I never get out of work early, so I end up leaving Birmingham at 6 and fighting the M5 Friday traffic for 20 mies before i get the fun of the A44 :) and get to the campsite about 8.30pm. Even in the pissing rain and dark it's a great run :thumbup:

Put up tent in the dark (and rain!) then track down the rest of the reprobates in the pub :D

And last yr one of Geodude's mates turned up at 11pm. 2up with a wet girlfriend and we all helped pitch their tent after the pub kicked us out.
AMcQ
darkember

Post by darkember »

If one does fancy a little comfort, warmth & a dry bed there is this place. Reasonably priced also.

http://www.rhayader.co.uk/index.php/rha ... unkhouses/
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

geodude wrote:

ABB

What time were you thinking of getting there Geo? I also had the same idea about getting there early too to get some nice photos (if the weather is nice)
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Just looked at there website and spotted this....
No undue noise or disturbance at any time
I think we may not fit into that catagory :lol: :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Chris,
they always have lots of bikers, both off road and on road.........they dont mind noise
AMcQ
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Well that's alright then. Noise, noise, noise. I may be on my own on this one. Not sure yet.
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Still got this one pencilled in and will take the day off work and head off early too
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

I now have the Friday booked off :) not sure weather I will be camping or what as the mrs wants to come too. Last time we went camping it was 1 single sleeping bag between 2 as we did not have room for 2, no role mats or anything. Though if cooking equipment isnt needed wee may be ok :s don't really fancy a b&b as I think it takes the fun and experience away from it all.