some bad news....(chico tonto/silly boy)

General Biker Banter
bazza696

Re: some bad news....(chico tonto/silly boy)

Post by bazza696 »

Jesus Chris, as everyone said thank god your on the road to recovery I also thought the worst from reading the beginning of the post. I didn't think being part of this forum would be so stressful having such an extended family. Everyone has to attend a first aid course and advanced riding course before attending the next VTR ride out, I can't cope with the idea of loosing any of ya, call me selfish.

On another point, if your going to hit something Chris, you could have picked something smaller than a 4 x 4 pulling a fecking large trailer full of sand.

Big huggs and kisses.
monkeymatt

Post by monkeymatt »

To be honest regarding the accident and the after events I'm just happy we all worked as a team and delt with the scene with nothing other than positive attitudes and great respect to everyone involved .
I will say it is highly recommended for those who have nil basic first aid training to ensure they get some .not just for bikes but general life. Although when faced with such a sight it is very difficult to remember what you need to do. Also even worse when it's a mate, i'm fortunate enough to have a higher level of training connected to my employment.
As a registered first aid instructor I'm happy to put some sort of basic training together for those who want/need it should you feel it's of benifit .
I'm also lucky to of had a GOOD bunch of lads around me on the trip who were fantastic while instructions were shouted etc .
End of the day we ALL did what we needed to do with a great outcome .
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i'd deffo be interested in some basic training matt, and I can't stress enough how important this is.
we're all thankful that you were part of the group.... :thumbup:
:Worship1: :Worship1: :Worship1: :Worship1:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

You have probably all seen this but if not it's well worth a watch. A presentation by John Hinds (RIP)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsZBXlTHPCg

Quite a number of interesting points. For me one was the confirmation that it's OK (good) to take the helmet off. Back in the old days we were told not to.

Cheers
Ian
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Ditto what matt and marty said. Without matt I may have list my hand and maybe worse. Without everyone else everything would have been a lot harder. The wife greatly appreciates everything you lot have done and the comments made on this forum. I'm very luck for all of you being there and still being alive.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Just got back from seeing this lucky little fecker,
Can't believe how light he got off with it (till The wife lays one on him anyway)
playerone

Post by playerone »

lloydie wrote:Just got back from seeing this lucky little fecker,
Can't believe how light he got off with it (till The wife lays one on him anyway)
I did say to her last night was best time to break a few bones as they were headed to hospital anyway :lol: :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Chris, we heard about this from Shaun on Saturday morning, but only just got back to internet civilisation now. I can't believe how lucky you are..... so fecking glad you walked away.

if I can help [anything except sexual favours] , give me a call
AMcQ
adyf

Post by adyf »

So pleased to see you are gonna be OK Chris,bloody hell they breed em tough down in the Midlands ! Must of been a big shock to everyone ,well done for sorting it out ,bikers have to look out for each other and this is a great example of that, get well soon mate, ady.
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Thanks fellas. I should be ok but I'll bare the offers of help in mind just incase ;)

kev64

Post by kev64 »

That's bad news, hope the pain eases soon
:thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Chris welcome to the Wonkey Wrist Club.

Remember we need & expect pictures, not of your swollen plumbs thanks (although Virt might be interested in those... :wink: )

Get well quickly don't overdo anything with that hand let it heal.

Oh & you lucky lucky fecker !

Mac Wonkey Wrist of Grain.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

I don't have any photos. The posting of those are down to the people who got them at the scene. I don't mind seeing them either as I haven't seen many more than what have been posted on here

darkember

Post by darkember »

You Lucky Lucky boy. Ever so glad the ending is a good one. Now have a speedy recovery in both mind and body.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Ckennedy wrote:I don't have any photos. The posting of those are down to the people who got them at the scene. I don't mind seeing them either as I haven't seen many more than what have been posted on here

No of the x-rays N stuff, when you go for a follow up at the fracture clinic take your phone & ask to see the x-rays, snap away at the screen...

You have 10 screws & a custom made Ti plate to beat...Oh & a bone graft using cadavaer bone... :wink:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...