what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by agentpineapple »

i admit i'm no supermodel........... :lol: :lol: :lol:
the rear shock isn't set very hard, hopefully it will be tomorrow, a lot of the problem is to do with pot holes in london, oh and my love of bad food.... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Gazfirestormowner

Post by Gazfirestormowner »

today i clean and polished the storm and then dicided to take the baffles out the exhaust and take it for a spin.

i think i set off every car alarm that i passed lol
darkember

Post by darkember »

Everything back together after head-stock bearing replacement as well as getting forks correctly aligned. Took it out for a raz & all is sweet, straight & planted. Nice not to have a knock under breaking.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Gazfirestormowner wrote:today i clean and polished the storm and then dicided to take the baffles out the exhaust and take it for a spin.

i think i set off every car alarm that i passed lol
:thumbup:
are you going to dyno it gaz....?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Well it wasn't my bike but.....

jonjonsocal brought his bike by today after getting it back from the shop and it not running correctly.

So let's see what we can find....

On the stand the skirt up, knickers down..... and we find the first "issue"

The plastic plate that goes under the carbs is missing..... :eek2 not good and have let him know that he needs to hunt one down.

Then as I am getting ready to pull the valve covers I happen to look at the carbs.....as I didn't need to pull them as the plate is missing.
My though was what kind of monkey could have a bike go through his shop and not see this.... though that would be an insult to monkeys everywhere.....

I mean it's not like the cap is cracked and just missed.... they all looked like that, if any part was left at all. So that was 4 vacuum leaks......

Then they buggered the inspection cover and put the old one back in..... so after dealing with that I find the engine is hard to turn over, so after dropping the left rad. and pulling the valve cover I find this....

Not sure if you can tell from the pic but there was 0 lash in the cam chain. It was about as tight as you could get it..... :eek2

So got that sorted and the bike buttoned up for a quick test ride around the neighborhood.... Now it just needs all the fluids flushed be she is a runner again. :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

Fitted my Ohlins steering damper :cool2
98 storm with goodies!

Srad seven fiddy stuntbike

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
baldybiker

Post by baldybiker »

replace exhaust clamp no blow just roar now :D
lloydie

what have you done to your

Post by lloydie »

[youtube][/youtube]

Just a little noise test :-)
Last edited by lloydie on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Got your hands dirty hawk :thumbsup:
john cresser

Post by john cresser »

today i picked up my bike after having a new reg/rec and new battery fitted under my guarantee, however there is a problem with the indicators only work when the lights are on and intermittent what can it be.
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

Swapped Pauline's Reg/Rec over and polished the fur where batt had leaked on Swingarm. So far battery still seems healthy. Tried to put my R1 master Cyl on the rear sets - it don't fit! I have 49mm centres and the master Cyl has about 20mm more - anyone know the correct model R1 rear master Cyl to get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and my fat fingers and thumbs....
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Well done Hawk, it never ceases to amaze me the way some garages treat or what they call repair/service LOL bikes. I think that could be considered a wombles.

Hey Lloyd what's going on with the angle of them cans. Are you not going to spin them arond so they are straight.

Well Today,.....What a day I have had. Been around the pineapple house again tinkering with the Blue thing. After going through all the electrics including changing the ignition pulse doo da it still wasn't 100% right. So today was last chance at the OK coral, so we decided the last thing to check is the timing, not that it's ever been touched, well... not by me anyway :roll: Decided that there is a chance that it's 180 degrees out so worth a try to see.

After all the grief with getting the carbon cover off the generator cover, it turns out there are no timing marks as the lightened flywheel must be one of the early ones where the whole lot has been taken off including timing marks :eek2 So let the fun and games begin, ended up ringing Tony to see how I could get around it and ended up setting the rear cams the opposite with the lobes pointing down and out, removed cams and turned the crank over until the piston came back around to TDC (screwdriver in plug hole test), put the cams back in the right way around and put everything back together. Started it up and it did not sound too healthy. Anyway we went for a test ride and the big man says it's running better than ever. 8O 8O He must have been riding around with the timing out all this time since he's had the bike. No wonder I have never been able to get the carbs dialled in and have always had grief with it.

All that needs doing now is to re-do the carbs and give the bike a tune up just to get things running a bit smoother with no coughing and spluttering and idling nicely.

I am so sick of that bike and will be pleased to see the back off it. It has fought us every step of the way and I have been borderline giving up with it. I still don't feel over the moon with it as I know there's still a bit of tuning work to do but at least that should be straight forward now.

What a bloody nightmare.!!!!

I now have a couple of bottles of Betty Stogs Ale in fridge getting cold and waiting to be opened. I am really going to enjoy them. :beer: :beer:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Set it on fire Carl :-) .

I just wanted to here the pipes Carl as I haven't had the links made yet so these were the rsv link pipes taped on for a quick test .
I should be getting the new hangers tomorrow :-) and if they are as I wanted them I will book it in for the links at the end if the month .
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Set it on fire Carl :-) .
Don't tempt me. :roll: I'm peed off even more now because while messing around with his bike all day I have missed out on an advancer. I would have likely been first to see that posting if I was indoors.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

stop moaning carl......... :lol:
i've just done a big write up about today in the workshop section.
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29550
thanks again dude.... :thumbup:
and don't talk about fire around carl, he'll know what i mean...... :lol:
i can't stop smiling....... :D
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!