what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Watty

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Watty »

Today I took out the baffles from my scorpion cans :twisted: sweet :D , rode it in the sun :cool2 and washed it :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

Ckennedy wrote:
lloydie wrote:
Ckennedy wrote:
I seem to be doing that a lot too :think: She is certainly using and not losing.
I've done 2800 miles since the last oil and filter change and I've topped it up with a total of 4 litres so far . If it carries on like this I shell just change the oil filters every 2 k :-)
I think its time I started the spare engine rebuild
8O 8O 8O 8O 8O I thought mine was bad. Makes mine look like nothing :lol: only takes 100-200ml when I top it up. Think I used about 1l of oil in top ups last year and I have done over 6k on it.
Have you guys got manual CCTs - both mine and Pauline's lose a tiny bit of oil from ours. Not a lot by any means, but enough to notice...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and my fat fingers and thumbs....
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Yes manuals but mine burns the oil :-)
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Lloydie, 4ltrs in under 3k for real??? 8O
Jamie :wave:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Lloydies bike needs engine work done. These bike don't burn any abnormal amounts of oil. Maybe slightly more than IL4 but nothing major. One shouldn't have any oil creeping along MCCT threads either if everything is sealed properly.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Jamie in Colchester wrote:Lloydie, 4ltrs in under 3k for real??? 8O
Yep :-( worn pistons and bores and the vales need seating and new valves seals .
75000 miles and counting :-) I ain't dropping the engine till its hit 100k mikes :-)
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

cybercarl wrote:Lloydies bike needs engine work done.
I'd say!! :lol:

Oh well, it's when the work is done, the rewards become apparent :thumbup:
Jamoi

Re: what have you done to your

Post by Jamoi »

lloydie wrote:
Yep :-( worn pistons and bores and the vales need seating and new valves seals .
75000 miles and counting :-) I ain't dropping the engine till its hit 100k mikes :-)
Yiiiiiiikes!!! That's pretty cool! So do you have shares in Castrol? Or do you have torturous tendencies towards your well travelled storm motor?? :lol: :D
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Well oil I use halfords bike oil but if I find car oil on offer I will use that . It's not in the bike that long anyway lol
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

jonjonsocal wrote:I have to say my thanks to :Worship1: 8541Hawk for getting my bike running in 1/2 a day. He REALLY knows his way around a Superhawk, he noticed things missing on my bike that I could tell my self. He is really friendly and very knowledgeable I had to drive my bike on a trailer for almost 2 hours to get to him and it was time well spend. When I dropped my bike off at his place, I could ride it around the block.. He in just a matter of hours was able to get it running, well not just running, I was able to ride it home with a smile on my face the whole way home :D :Bike: ... 60+ miles going 75-85mph. I couldn't believe it. If any of you need anything I can say I recommend him, he can work on my bike when ever he wants. I just met him and I say I trust him 110%. There were some parts missing from the bike that he is going to install when they come in the mail... Im looking forward to see him.. I also wish I had the time to learn as he was willing to share his knowledge with me... Thank you so much, for all your help and time. I really appreciate your help, good people like you are hard to find in this world. :clap: Your the best...

Thanks Mike.... :D

Jon
No worries and glad you are happy with it.
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

lloydie wrote:
I'm well past that, twice over... Once on stock parts and once on rebuilt with fun parts... Andd at no point did my engine, ever need more than 200-300 ml fill-ups between oil changes... That engine is truly shot...
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

cybercarl wrote:Oh no the Triads are here. :roll: noodles anyone. :lol:

Good job Jamie. If you can do a stop mod then you can do most things your self on bike. They are very easy motors to work on. I'm shocked by that price you was quoted. That is ridiculous.

(:-})
Well shocking indeed. Carl would have done it for £500 + parts+ petrol monies+ coffee @ 7 spoonfuls per cup...cheap at any price... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Tweety wrote:
lloydie wrote:
I'm well past that, twice over... Once on stock parts and once on rebuilt with fun parts... Andd at no point did my engine, ever need more than 200-300 ml fill-ups between oil changes... That engine is truly shot...
It's alright I'm thinking about fitting an oil tank like you get on them Harley's :-) lol
Compression isn't to bad tho about 150 psi on both cylinders ;-)
It should last the rest of the season then this winter I think I'll get the other motor rebuilt if I can't find a good cheap replacement (inint mac)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

lloydie wrote:
It's alright I'm thinking about fitting an oil tank like you get on them Harley's :-) lol
Compression isn't to bad tho about 150 psi on both cylinders ;-)
It should last the rest of the season then this winter I think I'll get the other motor rebuilt if I can't find a good cheap replacement (inint mac)
Still waiting to hear from the Bandits on that one...Who said cheap ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Ha ha me :-)