what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
VTRDark

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by VTRDark »

Still waiting to hear from the Bandits on that one...Who said cheap ?
Take the engine out of Ole Red and you will have some engine mountings for.... what's it called :think: Dodger :roll: ....that Yellow thing. I can't remember what you have named it. Ole Red was simple :lol:

Now where's my Coffee. :)

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

cybercarl wrote:
Still waiting to hear from the Bandits on that one...Who said cheap ?
Take the engine out of Ole Red and you will have some engine mountings for.... what's it called :think: Dodger :roll: ....that Yellow thing. I can't remember what you have named it. Ole Red was simple :lol:

Now where's my Coffee. :)

M. La Drooper, already nicked the castellated nut's ...but 'that Yellow thing'...sounds about right... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Nickcv

Post by Nickcv »

Just received my no cut frame sliders from the USA and will be fitting them later. Only taken 6 days to arrive so pretty speedy service.
Nickcv

Post by Nickcv »

Could be forgiven for thinking Xmas has just come early but I've just taken delivery of my second user Pryramid fairing lowers and also my paint has arrived. That should keep me busy for a couple of days :D
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

spent the best part of today around my favorite spanner monkeys house. we finally got round to setting up the fuelling, carl set the carbs back to the standard setting and gave the carbs a quick clean aswell as balanced/synced the carbs, also checked the tps which was spot on 500 already... :thumbup:
she's running sweet as a nut, today wasn't without its issues tho, firstly the bike was over heating on the way to carls, we later found out there was air in the cooling system. then the front cam cover started to leak, this was our fault, as the other day we refitted it but failed to notice it wasn't seated properly, could have done without having to take the carbs off again tho... :x
this bike hate us.... :lol:
went for a little test ride down to esher and i'm loving it, it runs great, now its up for sale.... :thumbup:
oh, and its dyno time this saturday morning.... :thumbup:
Last edited by agentpineapple on Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I might be hairy but I'm not a monkey. :Dancing1:

:lol:

8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Glad to hear its running well :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cybercarl wrote:I might be hairy but I'm not a monkey. :Dancing1:

:lol:

who rattle your cage.....get it.....cage....you hairy ape..... :lol:
thanks again for today, i take it you liked my offer of payment for the work you've done on the bike, it certainly put a smile on your face.... :lol:

spot on hawky....... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

So am I :) as has been said, it has fought us every step of the way with the whole rebuild from lost bolts, waiting on parts, the whole issue with it not running quite right and then going through all the fuelling, electrics and then on to mechanical to sort that out. Not to mention the battle against the elements with working outside. It's been a journey!! I have lost track of how many times the tank, airbox and carbs have been off. Oh and the fairing :lol:

Phew I feel relieved now. But I am actually looking forward to the Spondon rebuild as that is a spotlessly clean engine and the whole rebuild should go very smoothly indeed. Even the shock and linkages are spotlessly clean as it all been scrubbed of any dirt and oil. It will feel like putting a new bike together rather than an older greasy mucky old thing. The only grease that will be involved is fresh grease in all the vital areas as it's being rebuilt.

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

cybercarl wrote:So am I :) as has been said, it has fought us every step of the way with the whole rebuild from lost bolts, waiting on parts, the whole issue with it not running quite right and then going through all the fuelling, electrics and then on to mechanical to sort that out. Not to mention the battle against the elements with working outside. It's been a journey!! I have lost track of how many times the tank, airbox and carbs have been off. Oh and the fairing :lol:

Phew I feel relieved now. But I am actually looking forward to the Spondon rebuild as that is a spotlessly clean engine and the whole rebuild should go very smoothly indeed. Even the shock and linkages are spotlessly clean as it all been scrubbed of any dirt and oil. It will feel like putting a new bike together rather than an older greasy mucky old thing. The only grease that will be involved is fresh grease in all the vital areas as it's being rebuilt.

Don't speak too soon Carl... 8O

I take it you've not seen Marty's removed fasteners filing system yet... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Virt

Post by Virt »

cybercarl wrote:But I am actually looking forward to the Spondon rebuild as that is a spotlessly clean engine and the whole rebuild should go very smoothly indeed. Even the shock and linkages are spotlessly clean as it all been scrubbed of any dirt and oil. It will feel like putting a new bike together rather than an older greasy mucky old thing. The only grease that will be involved is fresh grease in all the vital areas as it's being rebuilt.

Keep your words soft and sweet, because you may have to eat them later :wink: :lol:

Rode the hornet to work, got flashed at by a speed camera (not my favourite flashing, to be completely honest. Rather disappointed actually :thumbdown:) and just cleaned it for the first time in aages. Only for it to be dirty by 9am tomorrow :(
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

got flashed at by a speed camera (not my favourite flashing, to be completely honest
:eek2 That wont help your Storm insurance. Best keep that to yourself.

When it does come to the rebuild I want to make sure that everything is there to begin with ie nuts and bolts. No missing parts or having to wait for something to get powdercoated or whatever. I want it all there at the start and nicely organised, no messing around.

Hardy can take a step back and make the coffee and roll fags or something and let Laurel crack on and get it done. :)

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

cybercarl wrote: When it does come to the rebuild I want to make sure that everything is there to begin with ie nuts and bolts. No missing parts or having to wait for something to get powdercoated or whatever. I want it all there at the start and nicely organised, no messing around.
Good luck with that then, give me a shout when you steam in...I like a good laugh... :lol:
Virt

Post by Virt »

cybercarl wrote: :eek2 That wont help your Storm insurance. Best keep that to yourself.

Oh yeah... it was front facing :lol: I've gone past it loads and it never normally goes off :oops:

Sent from my GT-I9505
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

When it does come to the rebuild I want to make sure that everything is there to begin with ie nuts and bolts. No missing parts or having to wait for something to get powdercoated or whatever. I want it all there at the start and nicely organised, no messing around.

Hardy can take a step back and make the coffee and roll fags or something and let Laurel crack on and get it done. :)

(:-})[/quote]

what you want and what you get are two completely different things. i'm sure they'll be issues, there always is, lets just see what happens..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!