Oh the blueness of it all!!!

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
lloydie

Re: Oh the blueness of it all!!!

Post by lloydie »

Kev L wrote:Good effort Lloydie, but finish it off boy!! Full answer please? :lol:
As I'm only half amcq age (@35) think I did well to get half the answer :-)
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Kev L wrote:New Boots & Panties -

Had some new Dunlop Sportmax qualifiers fitted to my freshly powder coated six spokes. Fitted the rear wheel -

The front needs a bit of fettling before fitting. I have custom made spacers, thanks to Mark (GL_S_R, who is a God amongst men!!!), which I, being a Richard, have specified 2mm oversize. I therefore need to get them shaved by a mm each side. Does look nice though -
You, Sir, have the head of a Richard.

Be comforted, however, by the satisfaction of knowing that I, too, have the head of a Richard, due to the inescapable fact that my retractable Stanley 5M measuring tape proved inadequate for the job of measuring clearances between wheel and fork leg by (squinty) eye.

However, I remain superior, Sir.
I asked Mark, (saint, god of CNC etc) to merely make another set of revised (2nd guess) measurements. And so I have a lovely, gloatworthy and tactile set which, although they don't fit, are lovely to touch and feel.

Tactile, that's what they are.

Useless, but tactile.
:thumbup:

And not blue at all.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

.....and thereby lies their failing! Without blue they are mere nothing. They will fit when shaved by a minge whisker!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Colour? Pah.
A mere opinion as to hue and reflective index.

You are, of course, entitled to hold an opinion that may have little merit and which is widely derided, should you so choose. It's a free world.

Baloo? Wasn't that the carefree but overweight and clumsy bear in the Jungle Book?

Your turn.
:beer:
Virt

Post by Virt »

Kev L wrote:.....and thereby lies their failing! Without blue they are mere nothing. They will fit when shaved by a minge whisker!
Didn't know you could shave spacers with your facial hair!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I thought your retort would be directed toward the minge whisker (ooooh err) but just goes to show you are fixated by your blindness to a decent hue. I'm sure if you used a shirt or some other rag and rubbed it over that two wheeled compost heap of yours, you may well find a colour, if a very unattractive one, underneath!
(Dear Admin I apologise for my blatant colourist remarks and am flagellating myself in penance, hmmmmmm!!)
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Kev L wrote:I thought your retort would be directed toward the minge whisker (ooooh err) but just goes to show you are fixated by your blindness to a decent hue. I'm sure if you used a shirt or some other rag and rubbed it over that two wheeled compost heap of yours, you may well find a colour, if a very unattractive one, underneath!
(Dear Admin I apologise for my blatant colourist remarks and am flagellating myself in penance, hmmmmmm!!)
Nope, I have no axe to grind over minge whiskers. (goes off humming "last night a dj shaved my wife").

As one of our lady members almost says:
Silly boys!
Women alslo have beards; they just wear them lower down".
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

lloydie wrote:
Kev L wrote:Good effort Lloydie, but finish it off boy!! Full answer please? :lol:
You told me were only 16 :lol: :shh: :shh:
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

AMCQ46 wrote:
lloydie wrote:
You told me u were only 16 :lol: :shh: :shh:

:-) 16" long !!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Not inches, mm :P
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

:Ball Kick:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Took the spacers in today to have the "minge whisker" removed from both of them. Front wheel now fitted -

Cat likes them -

So does Flo!-

I may now have a pair of three spokes to relocate, the rear one is a VTR and the front a 954 Blade one both sprayed in a Bronze shade (see earlier photo's of the bike) not a bad match for each other.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

love the last picture mate..... :thumbup:
might be interested in the wheels, i'll pm you mate.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Feck me, how many wheels can one bloke own!!!!!! You and wheels, Lloydie and shocks, storminhonda and other peoples shirts, what are you like? :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote:Feck me, how many wheels can one bloke own!!!!!! You and wheels, Lloydie and shocks, storminhonda and other peoples shirts, what are you like? :lol:
I would have to sell my black blade front storm rear combo tho.... :(
always liked the colour of your wheels mate, and the cut of ya jib.......yaaaarrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!