Poor Condition

General Bike chat

Re: Poor Condition

Post by Image »

If I were you I'd take it somewhere else and have it sorted and ask for a FULL written report on its current condition and what they've had to do to it. Then I'd take the matter of the last repairer to the small claims court using the written report from the reputable repairer as evidence.

IMPORTANT....Don't tell the reputable garage what you want the written report for as he may play things down if he knows what it's being used for and also a lot of garage owners piss in the same pot if you know what I mean.

I did the above with a landrover and got full compensation plus a load extra as well for all the stress and inconveniance.

I had a series 2 landrover and the handbrake on those works by a simplistic method of a clamp locking around the propshaft. Unfortunately, the way garages MOT test handbrakes for modern cars is to operate the car in gear with the handbrake on to see if it holds back the car motion. Disasterous on an old L/Rover with a braking shoe that clamps around the propshaft. Screwed up my shaft and my transmission. They said it was my fault for not warning them but I'd assumed they knew what they were doing. Cost of rectifying it was 400 quid. At the small claims court I was awarded 1,300 quid :thumbup: Garages have a poor time at small claims courts because most magistrates (like most people) have experienced being ripped off by garages.
Rob

Post by Rob »

I had an Impreza for 5 years and had a few arguments with MOT testers about not using a rolling road but using an decelerometer instead.
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
'12 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE Tenni.
oldbikeman

Post by oldbikeman »

You need legal advice,you should not have to do anything accept run the bike in like what you paid for.I cannot understand why you are having this nonsense it is such a basic machine and well within range of any one who can read a manual to repair.Fitting jetting kits should be easy also as all the set up work has gone into the kit and the instructions are clear.It does not matter the reputation of who did it only the results but make sure you have all your facts straight.Come to some reasonable agreement through dialogue for repair or ask for a written reason as to why not.

Post by Image »

LOL if they've damaged the bike they won't come to some reasonable agreement through dialogue for repair and they definately won't give a written reason as to why not. They're under no legal obligation to so they won't! Get an independant garage to do the work and get them to give a written report on the damage and use that against the 1st garage. That's what I did.
Roger Ditchfield

Post by Roger Ditchfield »

GENERAL STATEMENT FROM REVOLUTION RACING.
With regard to the recent posts from Mr. Rick Belton aka “Pariah” I wish to state that in the words of Winston Churchill he may be the perpetrator of some “terminological inexactitudes” in his descriptions of the condition of the bike and interpretation of the facts. I feel that this forum, while its purpose is to help members is not the place to publically discuss the details this long term issue. However, I would like state that I never refused to have the bike returned to the workshop for evaluation of the cause of the problem. I did specify that the poorly and incorrectly home painted body kit be removed prior to transportation or I would accept no responsibility for its condition on return. This was based on previous experience with this bike. I suspect I know the reason for the alleged engine failure after nearly one year following the previous remedial work but I needed to inspect the bike before I could be certain thus enabling me to act fairly to all concerned. Following two further emails after the original request to return the bike to the workshop I have yet to receive a reply. I wish to emphasise that in over forty years of helping riders achieve their ambitions and enjoy riding their bikes with safety I have never treated anyone in the manner that is being portrayed. I believe that over the years I have built up a reputation for honesty, fairness and integrity I feel sure that my many customers, now friends, all around the World would be happy to endorse this opinion. I would also like to state that I am happy for the merits of this case including all previous correspondence to be fully examined and scrutinised by any of the National Customer Service Agencies or even the Courts. I still hope that a satisfactory resolution can be found to this issue. I thank all members of the Forum for their support and friendship over many years. Roger
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

hello and welcome roger :wave: .
it is always good to get both side of a story :clap:
:beer:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Good luck with sorting it out between you chaps.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Sounds like the basis for s solution is being offered....that's a good start.

Oh and good to see you on the Forum Roger :thumbup:
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That clears that one up. Yes definitely good to hear the full story, and I'm sure your reputation has not been harmed by this Roger. Like I said in one of my earlier posts this is one (so called) bad experience against many positives.

Anyway welcome to the forum Roger and thanks for clearing that one up with us. It would be great to see you pop in here from time to time, as someone with such vast experience with these bikes would be most welcome and advice very much appreciated. :thumbup:

:beer: :beer:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i'd also like to thank roger for explaining his side of the story, fingers crossed it will get sorted out.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Like previously said, I hope this can be sorted out soon, to everyone's requirement. :thumbup:
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

As I said several posts back, it is necessary to hear both sides of the story and althought I have only had ocassion to speak to Roger once, I found him very helpful and accommodating in what I needed him to do. There can be absolutely no truth in the suggestions that he "doesn't know how to fix it" - he used to build them to race ffs!
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

It must be important enough for him to come here and respond, and by the sounds of the OP he had a genuine reason to moan.

Something has gone badly wrong, somewhere, expert or not we dont always get it right, which sounds the case here, and to be honest without picking holes in Rogers post it doesnt explain everything, I still have some doubt.

But as long as he fixes it without causing OP grief then thats the outcome both sides wan't.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

StormingHonda wrote:It must be important enough for him to come here and respond, and by the sounds of the OP he had a genuine reason to moan.

Something has gone badly wrong, somewhere, expert or not we dont always get it right, which sounds the case here, and to be honest without picking holes in Rogers post it doesnt explain everything, I still have some doubt.

But as long as he fixes it without causing OP grief then thats the outcome both sides wan't.

+1 agreed. poor old pariah is still 1400 quid down and his bike still dont work ?

:confused :confused
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

lumpyv wrote:
StormingHonda wrote:It must be important enough for him to come here and respond, and by the sounds of the OP he had a genuine reason to moan.

+1 agreed. poor old pariah is still 1400 quid down and his bike still dont work ?

:confused :confused
Yeah it just doesnt make sense does it, if he is the expert people say he is, he should not of been given back a problem with the engine end of, no way. He said he " suspected " the problem, well after £1400 I would have been saying " heres bike, fix engine, do not even think about asking me for any money, and dont make me come back again ".

Seriously, the funny thing about engines is most of the parts are not even expensive, its the labour that adds it up.

For half the price he could of gotten a second hand engine and shanked that in, a little agro changing the engine numbers on log book, but no biggie, would devalue the bike, but you dont get much lower with storms.