what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
neil

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by neil »

Took rear wheel in to have Avon Storm X-M fitted. Repositioned hugger as it was too close to tyre at one side. moved wiring for sat-nav. Changed rear pads. Think I'll go clean it now
redvtr
Brian 99 firestorm

Post by Brian 99 firestorm »

Fired her up and woke the neighbours at about seven this morning. Still waiting for the fairings to be returned from the painters... Getting tired of her nude look. Its been SIX MONTHS!! This rebuild is really takin too long now. :(
1999 Firestorm. Spec A carbon fibre cans, wavy discs, six pot calipers, 4 degree advancer, DNA filter, stage 1 dyno jet kit, rear sets, etc, etc.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Went out for a little ride on my own, was a nice ride, stopped for a coffee and a bite to eat, rode a bit more and then went home

sun was shining, slight nip in the air, little traffic was lovely, went round one large oval round about at least 10 times, that was good.
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

lloydie wrote:
Kev L wrote:I love moi boike! Had one of those Zen type rides where everything fell into place on dry roads in weather where you could wear the right protective equipment without frying me nut's.
Cars were spaced correctly to pass them at precise intervals between solid white lines and mere hazard markings. And just to finish off the ride, a tw@ who had been wandering around in "his" lane at 10mph below the speed limit (in double unbroken white lines) was passed on the next roundabout around the outside whilst dragging a slider and shooting off down the A10 at highly illegal pace with the bike not missing a beat.

This is the reason we ride these things, this is the reason we adapt and adjust these things, this is the reason we ride them standard, this is the reason we are drawn back to them, because we are motorcyclists and for this reason it's in our blood, the thrill of accelaration over top speed, the ability to pass dawdling drivers in a millisecond and carry on to the next obstacle.

I FERKING LOVE MOI BOIKE!!!!! :thumbup:
i do like them rides and well put kev :thumbup:
its a shame rides like that only happen a few times each year and you never want them to end .
i have found rides like that happen more at night now for me like on the way home from work at 1am when no other wonker is around
i love the 5 oclock starts when its a bit cold, and the air is a bit damp and the bike takes in loads of cool, oxygen enriched air, no buggers about and Mr plod is in the station changing shifts for 6am. Sundays is best, out for brekkie then home for 10, and then out for the day, cycling or fishing, ah the joy!!!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Went for a ride out around the South downs this afternoon. Opened up the throttle through Yettisville, cans screaming like Virt when he's with Lloyd. You never know the big man might be on later telling me he heard a V Twin screaming through the village. :lol: I'm going back home tomorrow after my 3 week break of house and pet sitting. I can't wait, I want to do some tinkering on the bike. First things first will be my broken exhaust stud and fitting the Mori pipes and figuring out a way of attaching my cans...oh and I got Agent P's bike to get started. I'm not looking forward to that.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

For some reason Lloydie has asked me if I still have the clocks left from 'Ole Red, despite the pic of them hanging off all smashed.

Yes I have & here they are, hope your good at jigsaws Lloydie.

Cant say for sure that all the bits are indeed there, the dial for the speedo is awol for instance & there well may be some other fragments in here...

Anyone else whose good at jigsaws & wants a front Mudguard, screen, headlight & a fairing let me know... :lol:
Not shown is the right hand faring which is almost complete but has the ear at the top snapped off at the mirror fixing holes.

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Just what I want :-) keep them for me please mac :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Here you go Lloyd. I managed to take a few before my camera battery's went flat.

I lined them up alongside my headers on the bike at the moment and it looks like the Y section sits further forward slightly. So there may be clearance issues with the sump :( at worst I will have to put a small dent at the rear of the sump to allow the circular elbow to go up. I'm not 100% sure yet until I get my headers off and line it all up properly.

On the plus side it they sit furthur forward then it means there is more space for attaching my Arata links on and keep the Mori links with the restrictor and peg mounts. I just hope the rear link downpipe lines up OK as it possibly means it will sit further forward from the swingarm/shock.

The top part of the pipe is Stainless steel because of the heat that initially comes out the port. Apparently TI can crack under extreme heat and what comes out the port must be about 600 to 800 degrees C I would have thought.

It's going to be interesting fitting these. I'm sure I'm going to run into problems I will have to work around. I don't know for sure what exactly until I start stripping everything down. I also have those exhaust studs to deal with so I may end up having to take the front head off.

Oh well fun and games. :roll:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Stripped down the Seb engine some more and found some large bits if Ali and steel shrapnel in the sump !
Also the clutch basket wobbles .
The front head was good so I fitted that the my other engine just to keep it all together for when I do the rebuild in it .
Also on the clutch cover on the Seb engine the water pump impeller was solid and rusty ! .
I now need to get the clutch basket off before I dig deeper !
seb421

Re: what have you done to your

Post by seb421 »

lloydie wrote:Stripped down the Seb engine some more and found some large bits if Ali and steel shrapnel in the sump !
The front head was good so I fitted that the my other engine just to keep it all together for when I do the rebuild in it .
Also on the clutch cover on the Seb engine the water pump impeller was solid and rusty ! .
Don't know the exact mileage mate as i got that replacement engine used my self, but treated it well when i had it with an oil and filter change every 3k

Wonder if those got in when the bike was on its side mate, i took the street racer clutch out in haste to send it off to Carl and just wiped the cover off with out draining the rad's first, some water got in the engine when a rag came out of a hose i had blocked

re the cover and pump weird that it was turning freely when i took it off to post out then forgot who i said could have it so it sat in my room with the fish tanks for 4 months, wonder if the humidity could have caused that?

any idea where the sh1t in the sump came from buddy?
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

lloydie wrote:Stripped down the Seb engine some more and found some large bits if Ali and steel shrapnel in the sump !
do you need a clutch holding tool? I have one you can borrow
AMcQ
lloydie

what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by lloydie »

Not yet I still have to dig deeper :-)
Tbh it's the cleanest engine I've seen the inside off it looks new !.
And it still has the homing marks on both front and rear pots .

So when I get it fully stripped down i will get them measured and if they are better than the other engine i will rebuild it .
It's being a bit of a learning curve as I having dug this deep into an engine for years 15 ish :-( . It's all good practice
Oh and it looks like it was the rear Cylinder that was burning oil as the carbon on the piston crown was unreal and wet !
The front piston crown was almost clean but the valves have a lot of carbon build up on them almost like the front head was off a different engine with higher mileage .

It's making for a good donna lump for the sized engine I have and I'm sure I can make a good one out the two .
Last edited by lloydie on Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

AMCQ46 wrote:
And a socket that fits that odd shaped nut !
Thanks al :thumbup:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

normal 12 point sockets fit, so as long as you have the right size you will be fine. if you dont have the right size then I can loan you that as well.

As I am off in scotland next 3 days do you want the bits left in the porch to pick up when you are passing?

PS dont take the engine mounting bolt tool that is sat waiting for Joe Kozzi to collect
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

AMCQ46 wrote:
i also have a clutch holding tool, he's popping over this weekend.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
and no you can't borrow him....... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!