Operation Storm II - Pt IV - Wales - Sept 6th-8th 2013

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

geodude

Re: Operation Storm II - Part IV - September 6th-8th 2013

Post by geodude »

Miztaziggy wrote:Ill be up for this + Sarah on her bike too if that's ok. Sadly neither of us on storms though.

Benny - if you're going to this shall we meet at J10 on the Friday and ride down?
Of course. Added to the list :thumbup:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
geodude

Post by geodude »

tony.mon wrote: Yep. Better the devil ('s bridge rideout) you know :lol:
Absolutely :thumbup:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
Virt

Post by Virt »

Don't know if I've confirmed my coming or not for this, but I can do so now. May have to leave for it friday evening but that's meh, as long as I don't destroy the company I should have sufficient funds. And that's all that ever stopped me confirming before. :thumbup:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

I remember hearing at the York meet that some people were thinking of taking a van with bikes and tents in. Is this going to be the case? I would rather camp but with the missus who is supposed to be coming it is rather hard to carry everything to 2 on the bike. Plus its a hell of a lot cheaper to camp.

If someone is planning on taking a van would it be possible to do a local meet to throw my camping stuff in rather than having to fork out a fortune for a b&b. Will pay for added mileage of course. Or something to that arrangement.
Virt

Post by Virt »

Ckennedy wrote:I remember hearing at the York meet that some people were thinking of taking a van with bikes and tents in. Is this going to be the case? I would rather camp but with the missus who is supposed to be coming it is rather hard to carry everything to 2 on the bike. Plus its a hell of a lot cheaper to camp.

If someone is planning on taking a van would it be possible to do a local meet to throw my camping stuff in rather than having to fork out a fortune for a b&b. Will pay for added mileage of course. Or something to that arrangement.
If I can still make it I can split some stuff with you if you want? When going for the miles I take a 30L rucksack, my topbox and a roll up (NO CARL NO :wink:) on the rear seat. I should have enough space to carry some stuff for you if you want :thumbup: I've always been a light packer
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Cheers for the offer Virt. I pack light but the missus hasn't quite grasped that yet :lol:
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

I will be coming over with the van

Bringing a couple of big tents again as well as the bike of course

I hope to take the friday off and with any luck come down Thursday, do a bit of riding on Friday as well as Saturday and Sunday

I believe that Ady will be travelling with me, but I haven't mentioned the Thursday arrival yet. Oops :lol: :lol: :lol:

George, I will help out with leading and tail gunner if you want
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

We just bought a cracking double trailer yayyy so bring bikes on trailer, up the road up car with loaded with all we need and bobs your uncle! Bikes off to go for rides etc and trailer them back ...Cheaper too as car is diesel Happy Days.. Can take all the crap I want then pml.. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
geodude

Post by geodude »

Nice one. After last weekends run back though wales and today's ride back through, I'm really looking forward to this one. In fact, I have just started planning a route :thumbup:
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Flatline wrote:I hope to take the friday off and with any luck come down Thursday, do a bit of riding on Friday as well as Saturday and Sunday
Ditto, I am taking the Friday off and will head over on Thursday night and make a good weekend of it.
bazza696

Re: Operation Storm II - Pt IV - Wales - Sept 6th-8th 2013

Post by bazza696 »

Just booked my B&B for this weekend so I am all sorted for this one, will be nice to have a good nights sleep after the 5½hr ride up on the Friday.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

geodude wrote:Nice one. After last weekends run back though wales and today's ride back through, I'm really looking forward to this one. In fact, I have just started planning a route :thumbup:
ive got some awesome roads to take you one - maybe on the saturday, as usual its a ful days riding.
if you dont mind a bit of a tour and dont mind playing chase the blade lol :D
bring your camera, the views are awesome.
if you have a gopro i suggest setting it to take stills every so many sec. :thumbup:

looking forward to this one :)

btw - last time i was down there, the other week, i stayed at bryncoed guest house... the room i had can sleep 4.
another alternative i was thinking about, is contact wyeside and get a price to rent a static caravan for the weekend - theyre 8 berth, so assuming 6 sharing, it would only be about £20 each for the weekend, which actually works out less than camping, but means you will only need to carry a small pack with a change of clothes rather than all your camping gear :)

let us know if thats something you might want to do :)
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
geodude

Post by geodude »

Post up a route Benny :thumbup:

We still need to sort out a few things such as whether we split the groups again or keep it as one etc.

I like the idea of the caravan and will check. They are privately owned so not sure how involved the campsite staff are in their rental. Also, the other thing is, people always drop out at the last minute and I wouldn't want anyone (me) to be left with a large bill.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Any price on the caravan George?
geodude

Post by geodude »

Flatline wrote:Any price on the caravan George?
The caravans are privately owned and the site wont allow them to be rented out. So unless anyone knows anyone who owns one or two on site, it's a no go I'm afraid.