what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by agentpineapple »

much better twit, sort out some better hangers and you'll achieve the more upswept look... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

V-TWIT wrote:Been busy today.... Fitted cooling fan (not that it ever gets hot enough to need one).
Replaced oil and filter. Fitted Viper cans....My God that single carbon can I had before really restricted the motor. Bit louder now but soooo much quicker. Lesson learned. Just need to remove rear pegs and smooth off the lugs on the hangers.

What butt end have you got on that, looks peachy?
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
V-TWIT

Post by V-TWIT »

bigtwinthing wrote:
V-TWIT wrote:Been busy today.... Fitted cooling fan (not that it ever gets hot enough to need one).
Replaced oil and filter. Fitted Viper cans....My God that single carbon can I had before really restricted the motor. Bit louder now but soooo much quicker. Lesson learned. Just need to remove rear pegs and smooth off the lugs on the hangers.

CBR1000R seat with modified vtr subframe, LED integrated tail/indicators
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

V-TWIT wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:

"How much" id like that!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

V-TWIT wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

And then you would paint the wheels White. :biggrin

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Took one of them for its MOT... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

MacV2 wrote:Took one of them for its MOT... :thumbup:
and what happened??????
how did the wrist hold up???
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

agentpineapple wrote:
MacV2 wrote:Took one of them for its MOT... :thumbup:
and what happened??????
how did the wrist hold up???
It Passed the test...the bike & the wrist.

No real discomfort until it came time to pay... :lol:

Riding wise I took it pretty slowly* TBH more as it was damp & I was more concerned about the stopping part of things than the getting going.

About a 30 mile round trip today, get it taxed & head off for some longer rides see how the comfort/aches/pain/seizing up works out then...

* Damm these F-2 clocks are hard to read, the digits are so small on the speedo ! So hard to tell 70 from 100...HAHAHAHA !
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

MacV2 wrote:Damm these F-2 clocks are hard to read, the digits are so small on the speedo ! So hard to tell 70 from 100...HAHAHAHA !
I'm just about getting used to mine at a glance, but sometimes you see where the needle is then see the number it's pointing at and have to do a double take :eek2
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

cybercarl wrote:
And then you would paint the wheels White. :biggrin

sorry i only want the butt end bit, its nice but not for me, i do want that seat unit though if its for sale!!!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Recently bikes pick up was feeling a little bellow par off the line when setting off and at part throttle etc also the idle speed had been dropping slowly over the last few month

Suspected the air filter was at fault, opened up the air air box and omg! wish my phone wasnt to dead to take pictures last night, no word of a lie i had to go and get the over out the house to hover out the what looked like a mix of salt and sand from the air box and ram air tubes

also the sponge at the back of the box the sh1t looks like it was starting to eat away at that there is now a small concave in it and its fragile to the touch, hovered out the sandy salty sh1t from the air filter and bike runs as it should and the idles back up

Its not froze in ages here yet most nights they insit on salting our roads, why do they keep doing this?

ive been washing the bike most nights after work around 3am the neighbours think im strange i think but the bikes kept spotless and salt free at least, the storm picked up its fair share of sh1t in the box but those ram scoops on the the gixxer eat up anything flying up from traffic
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
mattycoops43

Post by mattycoops43 »

Stripped it down to engine in a frame and forks, sitting on Abba STAND. Wheels off to powder coaters, pile of bits in my shed, waiting to be cleaned up and polished.
Budget storm gradually on the road to spangliness.
budd

Post by budd »

started on the head bearings today and I was pleasantly surprised I'd expected a pig of a job knocking out bearing races etc, I thought removing the one from the bottom yoke would be a proper PITA, but no everything came off a threat well happy :thumbup:

getting the front end off the floor and the bike secured involved a scissor jack with a piece of wood on top to lift it then a couple of ratchet straps to keep it stable

dropped the front end out and knocked the races out of the frame and off bottom yoke with a large hammer and a sand core lifting rod, bearings aren’t to bad but there is some very light corrosion on the bearing surfaces, so I expect to feel a benefit from the tapered ones.

The new bearings haven't arrived yet ( I’m hoping they'll be here tomorrow ) so in the mean time I’ll tidy up the bottom yoke which as some light surface rust on it a rattle can of satin black will clean it up nicely.

And I have to say considering the bike is nearly 17 yrs old it’s in remarkable condition, whether this is down to my fastidious maintenance regime or Honda build quality is unclear, although I rather suspect it’s the latter :D
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

getting the front end off the floor and the bike secured involved a scissor jack
Argh the good old scissor jack....no garage should be without one. :thumbup:

Don't know if you have read it but don't torque the tapered bearings up the same as standard.
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 31&t=15681

==============================Enter the Darkside