storm to fighter!

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
dave-sp2

Re: storm to fighter!

Post by dave-sp2 »

almost done guys!!!!!!!

painted the rear wheel yesterday after it came back from being polished, did't go brilliantly well as i had run out of etch primer so got a feeling this paint and going to be stuck on the wheel long, i would't dare put the pressure washer on it but then the paint is still a little soft so hopefully it'll hang in there.

also painted the radiator grills and the mesh for the belly pan and front mudgaurd, still was undecided whether to use the big or medium mesh so painted both just incase.

then today i got off work at lunch time for the day and made the mst of it, got the tyres fitted and then balanced and fitted to the bike, also put the belly pan on and tested the rear suspension.

the 30mm i chucked into the rear suspension sorted the ground clearance issues but now i need to source/modify the stand as it will pretty much fall over without the good old bit of 4x2 under it!

then was time to try and fire her up, considering it has been n the shed in bits for 4 months now a i have been chopping and changing the wireing etc, it tryed to fire straight away but the battery was a bit low, on with the charger and away she goes but won't rev or tick over properly, the mroe i try and start it the worse it is getting, fuel or electrical i'm asking myself??? could't be electrical as the front coil was working and both pipes where warm so both cylinders where fireing, or at least trying, then the penny dropped, i was unsure if i had turned the fuel tap off 4 months ago when i took it off, whipped it off and, yep i had. secnd push of the button and where away, ticking over and reving nicely, although it is bloody loud again ggrrrrr

so out she comes to warm up and see sunlight again for the first time in ages.

then the misses gets my lid(which i ain't seen since last year, you'll see why this is cool when i post a pick of it with the bike as i had forgotten what it looks like) and i go for a quick blast around the town, 2 mins later the nasty rattling sound reminds me i had't finshed the Cam chain tensioners as i could't start it to lok them off at the time, quick pull over to wind it back in before the ain jumped and nursed it back home also thinking along the way in my egorness to get out on it i had't tightened the rear wheel nuts after putting the wheel on the ground. got it home and fixed all the things i had rememered to do,

now she just needs a good wash, then next week once the paint is nice and hard i can colour sand it and buff her up to a gorgeous shine

then take it for a proper blast.

laters
alec

Post by alec »

that looks fantastic mate, much better than that other attempt lol :clap: :clap:
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

wow! Looks mint. Really nice job.
:wonker:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Top effort mate, that will turn heads. Like the way you have made a feature of the rads and love the colour scheme. Well done.

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Striking effect, I'm never sure how well fighters look with the side mounted rads but as you've made a feature of them it looks mint.
Nicely done.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

thats the best firestorm fighter ive seen well done :thumbup:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Impressive :thumbup:

the pipes are a great design look, and the headlight blends the look realy well
AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

brilliant that is - i really like that :thumbup:
wouldnt look out of place in the showroom with this year's models either.
why didn't mr honda come up with something like that..... imagine that with an sp motor :cool2
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Well done Dave, that is one fine looking bike :clap: :clap: :clap:

The colour scheme work very well 8)

Chris.
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

thanks guys for the encouraging coments.

the idea behind the bike in the first palce was not to push the boundaries of engineering or make something that was just too cool to be comfy and ridable,

the concept was to have a bloody good, comfy, usable, road bike that looked as though it could be in production but yet be custom and a one off at the same time. not an easy task but i'm pleased with the results and the reaction i have recieved.

i had seen a sp motor on ebay and thought about it but it's not something i have the space for taking on at the moment, need a bit more space for that sort of project, the 8'x10' shed is't the roomiest of places.
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

well today was my last day at work for a few weeks so i squeezed in one last job at lunch time,

made myself some billet bar ends

the finishing touch for now.

been for a ride out tonight, done about 20 miles and really enjoyed riding the bike, going through town on and off the throttle she pops and bangs a treat on the over run(i love that sound), a bit loud but it will be ok for now.

a good clean and polish up now.

for the future though it needs a few decals on the sides to brake up the white a little and then at a later date i'll make another link pipe and add 2 more cans the same on the L/H side to match and balance the look of the bike.
alec

Post by alec »

dave-sp2 wrote:well today was my last day at work for a few weeks so i squeezed in one last job at lunch time,

made myself some billet bar ends

the finishing touch for now.

been for a ride out tonight, done about 20 miles and really enjoyed riding the bike, going through town on and off the throttle she pops and bangs a treat on the over run(i love that sound), a bit loud but it will be ok for now.
nice bar ends you should make them up and sell them on here. :thumbup:

a good clean and polish up now.

for the future though it needs a few decals on the sides to brake up the white a little and then at a later date i'll make another link pipe and add 2 more cans the same on the L/H side to match and balance the look of the bike.
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

took me a few mins to find your comment mate, thanks.
alec

Post by alec »

dave-sp2 wrote:took me a few mins to find your comment mate, thanks.
i was absolutely f*"cked last night mate, anyway the bar ends look great and the bike is looking hot, have you had any thoughts on making the bar ends for general consumption. ?
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Some really classy looking touches there Dave, nice work. One thing that always bugged me about the Storm, why oh why didnt Mr honda make the base lines of the tank flow with the line of the frame? looking good mate, now go out and enjoy it :clap:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'