what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
VTRDark

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by VTRDark »

Here you go Lloyd. I went out and took a real close up pic, you can even see the specks of dust. :lol:

Yeh it's dark outside and I had to shine a torch to get the camera to focus.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
chric

Post by chric »

over weekend fitted new levers thats me done now no more mods
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Looks good Carl :thumbup: .
And chric that's shiny .
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Chric is the king of shiny from what I remember

basic stuff on mine - got a new valve for the back wheel and had the rim cleaned, cleaned the rear end a bit whilst the wheel was out, changed oil and realised the enormity of all the 'essential' stuff I never got round to. Think the starter motor service and bolt replacement will be tops - v corroded under the hood :oops:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

got my powder coated wheels back and ordered the bearings and seals to get them all replaced. ............ 6 spokes in gloss black look great.

Then I put them into storage as we had estate agent round to value the house as I dont think MrsMcQ wanted motorbike parts in the dining room :D but managed to knock the rim of the rear wheel with the brake mounting boss of the front wheel as I forced them into an old cardboard box for protection and I chipped a little bit of coat off :( I was expecting pwoder coat to be a bit more robust to knocks and tool contact. looks like I will have to do a brush touchup and then treat them with kid gloves
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That's a bummer Al. If it's anything like paint then it will tale weeks, maybe months before it is rock solid hard. Treat them with kid gloves to begin with. I shall be doing the same with my recent paintwork.

Today I scrubbed my wheels and disks and gave them a good coat of wax so all nice and shiny. Obviously not the disks. I also cleaned up my wheel spindles, especially the rear one as that was difficult to remove. The spacer behind the Cush drive was binding to the spindle, so would require a hammer to get it out :eek2 A bit of wet n dry and some hand action on the spindle and all it good again.

Tomorrow is rebuild day :D As long as it's not bucketing down with rain.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

AMCQ46 wrote:got my powder coated wheels back and ordered the bearings and seals to get them all replaced. ............ 6 spokes in gloss black look great.

Then I put them into storage as we had estate agent round to value the house as I dont think MrsMcQ wanted motorbike parts in the dining room :D but managed to knock the rim of the rear wheel with the brake mounting boss of the front wheel as I forced them into an old cardboard box for protection and I chipped a little bit of coat off :( I was expecting pwoder coat to be a bit more robust to knocks and tool contact. looks like I will have to do a brush touchup and then treat them with kid gloves
Put a dot of black hammerite on the chip. It fills it and sets just as hard as the plastic.
I did something similar to mine while fitting them- dropped a spanner on the rear and chipped a flake off the rim edge, but hammerite fixed it and you couldn't see, once it was covered in old chain lube and mud.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
lanny

Post by lanny »

Had a rear wheel powder coated white, fitted it with new bearings and seals, new cush rubbers, new rear disc and stainless bolts, new sprocket and stainless nuts and a new pilot road 3. Cost a bloody fortune 8O
I asked about a pr4 but the fitter suggested that unless I rode at the ragged edge I should save myself £30 and fit a 3 so that's what I did.
Issue Ive got now is I would like to do lots more while its in bits but I also want to use it :confused
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

lanny wrote:Had a rear wheel powder coated white, fitted it with new bearings and seals, new cush rubbers, new rear disc and stainless bolts, new sprocket and stainless nuts and a new pilot road 3. Cost a bloody fortune 8O
I asked about a pr4 but the fitter suggested that unless I rode at the ragged edge I should save myself £30 and fit a 3 so that's what I did.
Issue Ive got now is I would like to do lots more while its in bits but I also want to use it :confused
use it for summer mate, then tinker with it in the winter, there's nothing worse than your bike being in bits whilst the suns shining and you can't go out and play... :thumbdown:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

+1 on that, get on it. :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Fitted a cap on the number plate light after a few mates complained it was to bright, least it helped people see the back of the bike mind

Also got my self another back protector Forcefield Pro Sub 4

Was the best one on the market i could find other than stuff like airbag suits etc

http://www.forcefieldbodyarmour.com/pro ... ector/2339

[youtube][/youtube]

been wanting a really good one for a while, i don't intend to test it but nice to know its there init. probably get a chest protector too at some point
Last edited by seb421 on Wed May 21, 2014 6:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
adyf

Post by adyf »

Yeah it's good stuff that armour have it in my textile jacket,flatline wears one of those chest protectors and he likes it ,but then again he also wears stockings and a bra so no accounting for taste.
Geoff S

Post by Geoff S »

Replaced the R/R and still getting flat batteries. Checked the alternator windings and one has given up the ghost. :(

New bits ordered with some days off next week to fit them :) . Fingers crossed that the old windings come out with minimum swearing :?
Watty

Post by Watty »

Back wheel out to get new tyre fitted tomorrow :? Which I should have done before I put the wheel back in when I rebuilt the bike:roll: Ordered tyre Sunday night from Tyre leader, arrived today, and £35, yes £35 cheaper than in the uk :D , what's that all about :?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i'm bloody knackered, I've been at cybermans since 7am.... :eek2
we started early working on his bike, it's looking real good, we finish it tomorrow... :thumbup:
I haven't hit him with the cost of parts yet..... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!