Storm the track........

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

VeetyR

Storm the track........

Post by VeetyR »

Hey guys, i am sitting here at work thinking about doing a trackday next spring.......i then thought how great it would be if we all met and stormed the track together.

picture it 10 - 15 storms all hooning and booming round cadwell or brands or whatever.

Am i the only one who thinks this is a good idea?? There is plenty of time to plan it and i am sure we will get a discount for a group booking.

What say you??

John'o
Keep it gutter...Keep it grimey..........one!
patty

Post by patty »

id be up for some of that mate,

see if we can do a loud day though ,as im sure most of us would like to ride round with race cans on???(that would sound bloody lovely)

not fussed which track,as ive only ever done thruxton and castle combe.

would friends be allowed to tag along to??
as im sure we all have friends who would come along to?

pat.
yellow all the way...
who needs 4 cylinders when 2 are this good!!

storm no more...rsv power now.
(along with 85cc of honda finest)
kevg

Post by kevg »

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB2/viewtopic ... highlight=

..Nutty arranged this for her blade lot. i'm not sure if anyone from here went or not.

the guy who organises the track days was very helpfull and i think there are a few tracks to choose from. he'd be the guy to contact if your serious about it.

she is trying to arrange another for next year and maybe a joint venture could increase the numbers and cut the costs for everyone.
cheerz

kev
NuttyTart

Post by NuttyTart »

Firestorm Vs Fireblade trackday

Sounds good to me :twisted: :twisted:

I'll be getting the ball rolling again for the bladers at the end of the year, we'll probably be holding the trackday again at Cadwell around August time to coincide with BSB and make a weekend of it.

If you's are serious and there's plenty of interest from here, I can speak to the fella that helped me organise mine and put him in contact with a 'spokesperson' from here.

Normal cost of trackday (during the week) is £99, 10+ riders you get 10% discount.

We had a great turn out for ours, 40 odd members turned up and had a ball.
VeetyR

Post by VeetyR »

Sounds like a plan then....will start to make some enquiries after Xmas and get some dates put together....would be great if it we pull it off and get a good turn out.

Those that are interested leave a lil post here so i have got some numbers to work with and lets see what cracks :)
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

I am interested but scared! Everyone falls off at track days! 8O
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
VeetyR

Post by VeetyR »

me too man but u would rather chuck it up the track than up the road, innit :D
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

VeetyR wrote:me too man but u would rather chuck it up the track than up the road, innit :D
Can I vote for "neither thanks"

:)

I was interested in this first time round when Nutty organised the Blade one at Cadwell, but work and money conspired against it.

You can still go on a trackday and not push at 100% (which is why people fall off IMO - believing they have to be doing 130+ everywhere purely cos they're on a track)

Even blatting round at 70% will be great fun (and more than enough to land you in prison on the road)
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

A group track day sounds a wicked idea :twisted:
and most track days will have different groups for beginners, intermediates and fast so poeple can choose before hand and go at the pace they want in the group they want, that should please everyone :D
Also, having people in different groups gives the ones having a brake time to take some piccies of the others going around track.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Hi,

Agree with Kitch in the main - lotsa heroes, who toward end of day, as lap times increase get tired and lose concentration = expensive repairs for road bike.

I went on Ron Haslam race day in July - twas pissing down but had excellent day (was a birthday prezzie other year).

Use their Race prepped CBR600Rs (Premier £269) which go like stink - Once you've done a day on the 600's, the next time you go they let you loose on a Blade (Elite £369) - Damn they're fast.

Learned a hell of a lot from it though - fastest I've ever gone in the wet and TBH - went there expecting to be pretty slow compared with others regardless of weather - Didn't get passed by any 600 - but passed quite a lot of them - very chuffed with myself.

Link's here if anyone interested - Clicky

I'd be up for going out on 600's again even though I am 'qualified' to go on Blades next time - it was a real buzz - mega adrenalin rush!

Graeme.

Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Kitch wrote:
VeetyR wrote:me too man but u would rather chuck it up the track than up the road, innit :D
Can I vote for "neither thanks"

:)

I was interested in this first time round when Nutty organised the Blade one at Cadwell, but work and money conspired against it.

You can still go on a trackday and not push at 100% (which is why people fall off IMO - believing they have to be doing 130+ everywhere purely cos they're on a track)

Even blatting round at 70% will be great fun (and more than enough to land you in prison on the road)
I am with you..... It is so easy to get carried away and the nutter on a supermoto sticks it on your inside as you tip in 8O .
Still up for it though, I have an old man safety chip installed now! 78% is fine by me
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
VeetyR

Post by VeetyR »

I dont think anyone would be going to behave like a nutter....i was simply pointing out that the road is a more dangerous and expensive place to dop your bike than the track is :D

Like i said if yall are up for it then arrangements can be made after xmas. I was definately thinking that it should be once the weather warms a bit. And am sure that those of you that wanna hire a bike will be able to with relative ease when it comes to booking it :D

We shall see.

john'o
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Count me in too. Never done a track day, but as I only live about 20 mins form Brands....
Noisy one or nothing... I only put the standard cans on once a year for the MOT- it feels horrible.
Carbon Can Co straight-throughs every time.
wacky

Post by wacky »

I'm interested too.

Though Cadwell is a bit far.

I've done Cadwell before in a Caterham which was a real laugh.

Anything Donington or Malory and southwards would be great.
warby221

Post by warby221 »

Would be interested depending on date and cost
And of course the permission of
SWMBO :wink:
She who must be obeyed