Well, am I ?

General Biker Banter
bob the builder

Well, am I ?

Post by bob the builder »

.......just a miserable bugger that can't be arsed with this Christmas malarky.
Wife says stop being so miserable. Kids now 12 and 15 and realise fat bloke with beard and red coat was a con!
15-year old has 50cc bike in garage awaiting his birthday in 6 weeks so he can ride it and hopefully ride something else along with it!!
12-year old has Xbox and all he needs, so why spend more money.
I read the John Grisham book "Skipping Christmas" a few yaers back and thought that's for me, it's now a film and very funny but with a message too.
Having read a certain thread here I am trying to get the rest to realise there's so much more to be grateful for.
Bah Humbug I say!!
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

I'm not a Christmas person either. I'm not religeous, nor suckered in by advertising, so it just don't do it.

I also don't agree in only buying presents for your loved ones once a year (or twice if you remember their birthday) nor doing something romantic only on a wet afternoon in February.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
lmao_37

Post by lmao_37 »

well i dont feel like getting in to the festive mood either iam flying to see my better half in texas in a couple of weeks i will feel christmasy once iam there i just hate to fly 1/4 of the way round the world and take the best part of 16 hours and 3 flights lto get there, once iam there ill be happy but untill then iam just not looking forward to flying again bah humbug :( but it will be worth it :D

ps does any one wana eat my in flight meals for me ? they were food once you know
Last edited by lmao_37 on Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wheres the road kill............?
iam hungry!!!!!
clayderman

Post by clayderman »

Kitch wrote:I'm not a Christmas person either. I'm not religeous, nor suckered in by advertising, so it just don't do it.

I also don't agree in only buying presents for your loved ones once a year (or twice if you remember their birthday) nor doing something romantic only on a wet afternoon in February.
With you on all of that.
bob the builder

Post by bob the builder »

I like the pussy's, ooer missus!!

:D :D
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I used to be a miserable git about Christmas too, mainly because, when my kids were young, I only had them every other Christmas and the alternate one they spent with their mum. They are older now, and after Christmas this year they will be round (age 20 and 27 BTW) so I'm stocking upon wine/port/cheese etc, so we'll have a great time.

Two things I did to relieve past Chrsitmas miseries:-

1) volunteered to work on Christmas Day at a shelter for the homeless "care in the community" folk. Very rewarding and humbling
2) spent the monet I would have spent on presents (plus what people would have spent on me) by donating to a few select charities.

both of which were followed by a modest lunch which I felt I'd actually earned!

But this year - bring on Slade and Wizzard!
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Each to their own. I vetoed my birthday this year, so I'm doing Christmas. Actually, I quite like working on Christmas day. An excuse to go out of uniform & it's just a much happier atmosphere, plus you get to make a difference. The patients seem to appreciate you more & if they get grumpy you can point out how you've given up time with your family to look after their humbuggy bums. Nothing like blasting the guilt train up someone for a bit of gratitude & better attitude! Christmas Day penalty rates don't hurt either...

So whoever doesn't want to do Christmas, that's fine by me. Just don't go grumping those who are in the mood (unless they're really rubbing your face in it, then you can bite them if you feel like it).
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Especially when you're selling your 'cans' to pay for it Kaz!

I live alone so nothing to get excited about. :(

Last X'mas day I rode the VTR (the first one I owned!) to a mate's place for an afternoon natter. After two and a bit hours he came running into the house to say my bike had fallen over. "Yeah right" I said. No really. He heard a crunch and sure enough the sidestand had sunk into his drive & it'd gone over doing in the left side fairing as the front left indicator has hit it after the inner panel it was attached to shattered on impact. The clutch lever was snapped off at the root etc etc.

Christmas Day? Bah!!!!!!!!! :evil:
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
vtrkarl

Post by vtrkarl »

i used to think xmas was just money wasted buying things for kids etc that already had enough...however since my lad nearly died of wounds in iraq i now view it as special and "family time" rather than comercial time
merry xmas one and all
yes dear...its yellow
alan

Post by alan »

I like xmas time for family and all that but this year im not bothered as i'll be on a beach this year soaking up some rays, sipping cocktails in Goa eating lobster for crimbo dinner :lol:

so Merry Christmas to you all i'll be thinking of you when i fly out Monday for 2 weeks of bliss, enjoy your weather over the festive period, queens speach, burnt mince pies, dried turkey, soggy stuffing, and all the usual crap on tv haaaaaaaaaaahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :lol: :lol:

oh i forgot and the presents you really didnt want :wink:
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

I don't normally make a fuss of xmas, just nice that most friends and family are off for a week together so you can all just enjoy yourselves.

This year is different though, My brother passed away suddenly last week. Came home from work as usual, but had a massive fit & died.
You may think I'd try & cancel xmas this year, but he left behind his daughter who's about to turn 4 years old. So I've realised how important life is & how we need to enjoy it today as we may not be around tomorrow. So I am gonna go all out this year to make sure my family & friends have a great time & that my niece is kept occupied whilst time heals the wounds. I was driving her & my Sis in law home at the weekend and she was tired so started crying out for her daddy, it broke my heart.

So to all the scrooges here (including me), you don't have to do the religous bit or succumb to the retail explosion that is December. Just enjoy yourselves and make time for friends & family.

Oh & I'd say enjoy xmas while it lasts, cos the way this country is going it'll be banned soon on health & safety grounds or for the fact it might mildly offend a minoroty or two!

Rant over... I'm off now for a mince pe & a glass of Brandy... Cheers
yanto

Re: Well, am I ?

Post by yanto »

bob the builder wrote:realise fat bloke with beard and red coat was a con!
!
what?????? nooooooooooooooooo
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Well I've got my tree up :lol:

Chris.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

No tree for us this year due to a 4 legged chewing machine roaming the house :roll:
Rich.

lee67

Post by lee67 »

never really been one for xmas, ever since my nan passed away xmas day 20 yrs ago..... :( but the older i get the happier i get, and now im like a big kid, even having the same advent calendar as my youngest daughter...today was 3 wise men choccy mmmmmm :lol: ...cant wait for xmas day now, cos i know what im getting bar one or 2 surprises,..the only thing i dont like is the cost...allready spent well over £1000 on pressies...BAH HUMBUG :P