General Biker Banter
VeetyR

Post by VeetyR »

i have just finished fitting a new stereo and speakers etc in the car..........aint had no sounds until now........sounds great :)
Keep it gutter...Keep it grimey..........one!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

You can't beat a ride on your bike, especially if you've not been out for a couple of weeks or more. It's as if you've forgotten exactly how good it feels. I rarely experienced that feeling when I was riding my bike everyday :D

Chris.

PS. Not done anything exciting today...........yet :wink:
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

I spent all day in the garage :D Unfortunatley, nothing do do with the bike :(

Managed to get my hands on about 30sq metres of original 1940's parquet flooring for free yesterday :D The reason it was free is because some viscous b8stard had glued a carpet on top of it :x So I spent all day pulling several thousand small wooden blocks off the back of an old stinky carpet. At least it was an old hall carpet and not an old bathroom carpet. :roll:
Rich.

lee67

Post by lee67 »

spent the morning fitting new brake pads, and cleaning the pistons up...went for a blast this aft to squires, with sue, bob, chris, wendy,rob , mandy and there little doggie in a dog bag!! 8O ..then spent another hour cleaning it again 8)
fishface

Post by fishface »

:evil: :evil: having to take exhaust off because the plonker who capped off the right hand pipe must have cut it down :cry:
cos when i came to fit my high level pipes theres nowt for the link pipe to grip on to :evil: :evil:
yanto

Post by yanto »

thats it i am going into the garage now to rebiuld the storm :D
tattie

Post by tattie »

I,
Spent the morning marking, cutting and fitting the green slate for the entrance lobby floor of the holiday let, that I have been working on since last year. :(
In the afternoon I got a battery for the bike and it is charging up as I type.
Got a price for a new rear tyre 020 Bridgestone £101.00 fitted to a loose wheel. I thought that was very good.

Cuppa,
I hope you have plenty of spare time for fitting the parqet flooring as it is a right fiddly job, you would think all of the bits would be the same size (beware :lol: :lol: :lol: ) i used to get plenty of that to do with my previous employer, the adhesive was the tarry type as opposed to the modern acrylic non stinking stuff ( short straw and all that), everyone else would vanish from the workshop as the gaffer would come in to give the days work orders.

Cheers

A.M.
Don't let me put you off like, it makes good kindlers tho
Common sense ain't all that common!
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Spent most of the day doing jobs for a friend's daughter (now sadly deceased; he, not the daughter) who can't manage all the work in her houselike building and electrical stuff in her new ish kitchen. Replacement cooker extractor hoods and such like. Also, fixing her fence panels blown down in the wind.
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

I'm finishing ff jobs around the house so I can get it up for sale, confirmed my new job in leeds last week so have lots to do so I can move across there. The bike has'nt turned a wheel since last Octoberwhich is very depressing :cry:
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Think your selves lucky.........I'm in the garage looking at a big bloody space, no bike.........no money, NO FUN
it may be clever, but its not big.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Timbo I know just how you feel, got to have a good blast just after new year and I felt fantastic! You feel so alive! Been for a run (as in jogging)today after boozing and smoking the holiday away..........and guess what............I feel dogs Jank! so much for exercise eh. Oh well, needs must when the Queen pays your wages :cry:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

Done nowt exciting ...rode the Storm a whole 2 miles home from my olds where it had been sat since befroe xmas :oops: .
Tomoz is when i get excited...picking up me brand spanking new mountain bike :D .
Ohh and taking the Storm out for another blast to the stables and back..tomoz is going to be goooooooooooood :lol:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Running around 40 miles everyday on the storm. It's in standard quiet mode at the mo, due to Dec MOT, as I can't be bothered to change it back to Micron race cans till the spring.

My present dilemma is whether to put on a pair of new tyres now and have some slippery scrubbing-in or waiting till the roads get drier and warmer.

Great blast on Crimbo day when there were no cars on the road so the road was all mine to play on!
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I went to the gym. Started back into exercise last Tuesday after an 18 month lay off. 3rd visit back, feel great and looking forward to going again tomorrow. Have set target to press 150kg on my 54th birthday in April (last best 125kg)

I do not propose to fade away, but go with a bang. Now, there's another story......... :twisted:
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

Seeker 77

Re: First run this year.

Post by Seeker 77 »

Timbo wrote:So, what did you do today that made you feel so alive?
186mph on the 'bahn on the way back from a little back road blast in the bright sunshine. Not much for some but it helps me concentrate on something other than our bad luck at the moment. :(