Old topic. Trying to find a good supplier of 43T R sprocket

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
LotusSevenMan

Old topic. Trying to find a good supplier of 43T R sprocket

Post by LotusSevenMan »

I used to have a 15T front sprocket but would prefer to go 43 rear in steel.
I found with the smaller front sprocket the axle gets moved back a bit due to the smaller radius.
So lads and lasses looking for suggestions. Where please? I've looked through the 'Searches' but no real definitive answers so?

Ta in advance. LSM
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Chris,

These are supposed to be good quailty :!:
http://www.jtsprockets.com/50.0.html

Cheers,

Chris.
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Thanks verrily. Have mailed them. :D
Have a few 5 quid off M & P vouchers too (from various past purchases) so will try them AM tomorrow hopefully too
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

well i literally just ordered a JT sprocket from mandp. It came and its like chrome with nice detailing. It looks to have quite nice high teeth size and not as heavy as i was expecting! this cost £19!

OR the bling option...

get a renthal gold...they look brilliant and are super light, however they around £38 and wear quickly unlike the JT's.
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

I went on line and did the M & P bit Squiff before I read your posting but thanks anyway.

They don't do any 15t front ones (just the std 16t) but the 43t one is available in steel (my preferred choice) at 16.99. Postage is supposed to be 4.99, but as I have one of their 5ukp off e vouchers from a previous purchase it means they will deliver it for 16.98. Gotta be a good deal eh?

Part Number of the 43T sprocket is 030243
solorider

Post by solorider »

if changing sprocket sizes you should never use a smaller sprocket size on the front,the reason is you will increase the wear rate of the chain(tighter chain run not good)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

solorider wrote:if changing sprocket sizes you should never use a smaller sprocket size on the front,the reason is you will increase the wear rate of the chain(tighter chain run not good)
That is very true Solo :!:

But after saying that there are plenty who have gone down that route and fitted a smaller front sprocket.

I personally, as you, would rather fit a bigger rear sprocket if I ever wished to lower the gearing :D

Chris.
mazsuper

43T Rear Sprocket

Post by mazsuper »

i just ordered one of these as well
i hope its has no effect on the handling

is the chain able to accommodate a 43T sprocket ?
will it move the back wheel to much

Any thoughts

i be updating this reply when i get it fitted
marlbororman

Re: 43T Rear Sprocket

Post by marlbororman »

mazsuper wrote:is the chain able to accommodate a 43T sprocket ?
will it move the back wheel to much

Any thoughts
down a tooth on the front, and up on the rear, brings the rear wheel forward by quite a bit, think if your only going up on the rear, things might get a bit tight....thats why i dropped 1 tooth on the front too. (thats working on a standard chain length)
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

I did this to mine a few months back 16 on the front 43 on the rear could not get the standard chain to fit just would'nt go even with the wheel all the way forward. I added i link in the chain and even though the wheel now goes back into the replace chain marks there is enough room for adjustment. I have had no adverse affect handling feels exactly the same as before but now feels so much stonger in the bottom and mid range power. Very easy to get the front up in the air in first on the throttle and sometimes in second if i really try. I would highly recommend this mod :wink:
mazsuper

Post by mazsuper »

dam it i have to split the chain
and fit a new link ?

got to better then having erectile dysfunction
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Unlucky!
Mine went on fine and now has the gearing that Honda SHOULD have fitted in the first place!!!
Brilliant 'mod' and bike is so much nicer to use in all conditions. :D
mazsuper

Post by mazsuper »

ok i fitted the 43t though she has a shorter wheelbase, it did fit without putting the link on

and yes the gearing is much better now, in the higher gears each gear change only drops the revs 1500-2000 revs and keeps the bike in the powerband.

the speedo is well out now so i might get one of those correctors ? any recomendations

on a side note it seems to have stopped my high speed wobble(ps i have fitted the spacer to the rear shock) which i think caused it.