After the Big G.T.

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

chromedome

After the Big G.T.

Post by chromedome »

Well, it was great to see all those who went on the Big G.T., and good to put faces (and real names) to the aliases!

After leaving Stratford, Dynamite and I went back to Evesham and then took the A44 to Moreton-in-Marsh; there is a fantastic section on this road, just east of Broadway, with a whole series of great corners as the road snakes up a steep hill. We rode up and down this several times. If you like getting your knee down then this is the place.

Anyway, cheers guys, and thanks to Jim for organising it.

P.S. I've put three pics up in the 'Events' gallery
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

I was just a bit sorry that I did'nt get up early enough to get to the start point but it was still good to see people in Stratford.

I put a few faces to names and had a great ride out to boot.

Cheers everyone

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
SiJ

Post by SiJ »

Aye a good day.

Cheers boys.........got a little lost around Worcester after loosing the pack but good to meet a lot of you.

See you at the next one.
Si
andyh

916+sierra=big mess

Post by andyh »

Yeh Chromedome, that is a cracking bit of road up that hill. You have to be careful though, the last bend at the top is very deceptive.My mate killed his 916 up there last year, what a mess!!

andyh
blackstorm

Post by blackstorm »

Well it finally happened. The big GT.
Good roads, good weather, good people and great bikes what more could you want on a Sunday in October
Cheers to everyone who went, especially Jim for sorting it all out ( Have your self a well earned rest mate)
All the best
Phil
kingster

Post by kingster »

Yep, sure was fun. Some blindin roads and it was good to meet up with everyone. What happened to Wayne and Del? and Jim, just how much did you have to bribe the weather man? 8)

Next - there was mention of a possible track day. If so, I'm in.

Cheers everyone

Chris
Firestormin

Post by Firestormin »

Cheers all for taking the time (and making the considerable effort!) to get there. Was great to meet you all ...and ya bikes! Sorry about the lack of 'leadership' :oops: on the way to Stratford but I'm reliably informed that the new Kwack has GPRS so shouldn't happen again :wink: :wink:

Anyway, would luv to get to a trackday full of storms next year (if I'm still allowed on the 9R!?) if only to see all the track marshal stuffin' their ear plugs!

thanks

J
Anyone seen the plot!?
Vstormer

Post by Vstormer »

Thanks Jim/lads a great day. Wifey was at back of pack with ear plugs and is still deaf!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep trucking winter is more exciting riding :P :P :P
Fluffy

Great day out folks

Post by Fluffy »

Thanks to all who had a hand in organising it today, sorry us lot from the North-west where a bit late but I am glad I made it just to see so many VTR's in one location.

A track day would be cool, Darley moore, whilst not overley exciting is cheap enough to book exclusivley as was done a couple of times over on the VTR List.

I am going to try to get something arranged for summer, a joint VTR list / VTR.Org summer bash somewhere.

Once again, a top day and well done folks, it was good to see everyone make the effort, especially that Southern Enfield of India test pilot :-)

Cya

Fluffy
I see no Firestorm......
kingster

Post by kingster »

Hi Fluffy

You'll be referin te me then.

Nice to met you m8!

The Jalfrezis are on me next time!

Di d u notice how I had cunningly welded two Enfield Bullet engines together in a V formation and added some cast wheels, disk brakes and plastic bodywork to sneakily disguise myself as a genuine 'storm rider?
dynamite

Great Day

Post by dynamite »

Yep i had a GREAT day out!Forgotten everyones names already but never mind!Cromedome was right that Hill on the A44 was ace (bit scary going down it though)!

Cant wait till next year for many more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers everyone

Matt
Burn Rubber Not Your Soul!
dynamite

P.S.

Post by dynamite »

Ive put afew pics up in the gallery aswell

Matt
Burn Rubber Not Your Soul!
Twisted

GOS pictures

Post by Twisted »

Here you go, My contribution to yesterdays fun in the sun (?)

http://www.vtr1000.co.uk/gos

I would be happy to host anyone elses pictures of the GOS, just contact me

Twisty
andy c

Post by andy c »

a great day out really enjoyed it
roll on next time

thanks to andy h for leading our group round enjoyed the roads especially the run from banbury to alcester
cheers mate

andy c, mandy & kev(rsv) never mind
Rollin' Thunder

After the Big GT

Post by Rollin' Thunder »

After watching Bayliss do his high speed break dancing, it was time to get the old gal out. Still dark,which was unusual as it's never dull in 'ull! met up with Paul 0730 and off we went. No dramas apart from me daydreaming!?? and missing the M62 M18 turn off!!! Early starts ain't my bag baby!! Plan B kicks in, :idea: nail it down the A1 and catch Paul up. Didn't take long before the annoying glow of the fuel light came on,pulled into the services and theres Paul parking up.Hooray!!! :D No dramas on the way back apart from waiting for a burger at the services which was guaranteed to come in a - minute more like 15! Plenty of icy showers going back- lovely!!! Got home 6.20 straight into hot bath. 8) Yer! Great day out, really enjoyed it. Thanks to everyone involved in the organising,thanks to Paul for the ride. Apologies to Del for the late breaking,due to 1: a lycra clad jessie in middle of road, :roll: 2: a very nervous lady driver,who in her state of panic 8O decides to overtake said cyclist then decides to slam all on and nearly had me in her back seat! :oops: Sorry luv, your not my type. :wink: I was waiting for Del to rear end me (if you'd pardon the expression) but a handful of gas saved the day!! cheers Bro' ! Highlight for me was watching a Jack Russel or summat going ballistic at the bikes with its very bemused owner looking on,made me larf!! Ay! its grim oop North!! Cheers R.T!