maybe already mentioned...WOW BMW!!!!!

General Bike chat
VeetyR

maybe already mentioned...WOW BMW!!!!!

Post by VeetyR »

now i dont give a dizzle what anyone says...this is the first BMW i have looked at and thought "how the hell am i gonna get me one of those?".

Is anyone gonna disagree....I like the idea of a european company gettin one over the japs for a change. And will be watching this bike in WSB 09 for sure :lol:
Keep it gutter...Keep it grimey..........one!
lee67

Post by lee67 »

cant see ewan and charlie going to the moon (long way up')on those tho :wink:
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Err, picture not there for moi!
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Yep it will be a winner for sure along with the 675 triple they are developing.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

I've always had a sneeky admiration for BMW because they always done things their way. Never mattered what the rest of the world were doing, they done it their way. This just looks like any other jap sports bike these days, zx10 anyone? I also hate stubby exhausts and kicked up tails, just another fashion bandwagon. BMW race bikes should have flat twin engines and huge screens :roll:
Rich.

chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

i have really been a bmw fan like most bikers under 70..

but my father has had the 1100s model the ones they use to race..
with the under seat pipes..

he has had a vast array of high end superbikes but cause his wife has fallen in love with pillioning with him he got something to suit them both..

and apart from a few odd looking bits on the bike its actually dam fast and my old man can shift on it..

but this new one does look a tad sexier than their previous models.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

cupasoop wrote: This just looks like any other jap sports bike these days
That was exactly what I was thinking going by the pic :!:
I might say different when I see one.

I realise for racing a similar type of race fairing is going to be necessary but they've now lost their identity imho :!:

Chris.
VeetyR

Post by VeetyR »

[quote="sirch345]
That was exactly what I was thinking going by the pic :!:
I might say different when I see one.

I realise for racing a similar type of race fairing is going to be necessary but they've now lost their identity imho :!:

Chris.[/quote]

I dont think identity is an issue for BMW just look at their whole range....yes it does looks like a ZXCBGixxermajig.....but thats the point......they have built this bike to be as fast as possible and there is a reason that fast bikes look the way they do. the design works.

I think once we "see" this thing and gain an insight into whats happening under the fairing the engineering will be more appreciated and who does that better than the germans??

I think surprises are in store for 2009.....and although i'd love a fireblade or gixxer thou. . . . . . I think i would buy this over those anyday. why?

because tho i hate other bimmers....there is defo something special in owning one. and "if" it does what they think it will.....its gonna be an awesome machine. and may even be a market leader quicker than we think. esp in europe/uk sportsbike obsessed markets.......

still not a twin tho :P
Keep it gutter...Keep it grimey..........one!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

D'you think it's deliberate that it doesn't have BMW logos anywhere obvious?

If they just left it black Carbon finish with no badges no=one need ever know....

Maybe, just maybe, I'll start thinking baout these the same way I do about Skoda's now- no longer a joke but not sure I could sleep at night knowing I've got one.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.