bit of quandary

General Bike chat
warby221

bit of quandary

Post by warby221 »

Well got a bit of quandary

Over the last year and a half that I’ve had the storm I’ve done a grand total of about 2000 miles :( as apposed to the 6000 or so miles I’ve done on the viffer.

When I got the storm it was for a bit of fun at the weekends and was never going to be day-to-day transport hence all the upgrades I’ve done to it I’ve even got a half finished engine that I’ve reworked all the heads on and blueprinted the btm end with new rings and bearings. Over the last year or so with suspension and all the other upgrades I must have spent the best part of 1.5K on it

With the weather and work I’m just not using it and when I do get a chance I seem to be propelling myself in to the go to directly to jail don’t pass go category not been doing anything dangerous or anything but it just need a speed trap or unmarked plod and I’d be on shankses pony 8O 8O 8O :oops: :oops: :oops:

So what do you all reckon?

Should I hold on to the storm and hope for better weather and a less hectic work schedule and maybe take it of the road for now “undecided on this one”

Trade both bikes in and get just one all rounder ”would hate to get rid of the viffer had it 6 years and is becoming a bit of a family heirloom my lads got his eye on it”

Keep both bikes and carryon modifying the storm to satisfy my tinkering urges
“Basically what I’m doing now”

Trade/sell off the storm for a 600-track bike and trailer “plenty of tinkering, can hoon without losing licence and would only have to insure it against theft
its big----- its red ------its throbbing and it’s a thousand CC
lee67

Post by lee67 »

CRUISER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Feck me, I wrote a very long and eloquent reply mate - then got some goddam wierd internet server sh1t message.
Clicked back but no good, can I retrieve it? can I bollox!

Been to family BBQ and had one or two tinnies, but still managed to spell everything correctly, without even feckin' Stephen Hawking or other 'puter aid!

Bolloxed if I'm going to try again now! - really annoyed cos it was good :x

Have another go tomorrow.

One thing I will say is ..

Cruiser - Bollox!!! he don't smell of stale p1ss and lavendar yet Lee! I smelt him t'other week!

Rossi, really messes with your mind!!!!! Muaahahahaha

alan

Post by alan »

nowt wrong with em sat in garage mine comes out regular though :lol:

for a polish and a stroke :lol:
alan

Post by alan »

well got to excercise the arm somehow :lol: :lol:
kevg

Post by kevg »

turn the storm into a track bike and have your speed fix on there. viffer for sensible road/day to day stuff
cheerz

kev
warby221

Post by warby221 »

kevg wrote:turn the storm into a track bike and have your speed fix on there. viffer for sensible road/day to day stuff
Thought of that one but the storms to good to be throwing down the track
And you know at some time I would :oops: :oops: :lol:

It may just be the weather and work that’s pi**ing me off a bit at moment
But I do fancy a track bike and I’d thought I would see what peeps think of the idea
Just don’t have the cash and room for three bikes

Wouldn’t be doing anything till next year anyway Mrs only let me change them every other year
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

I'd be inclined to sell the Storm and pimp the VFR
Which one have you got?

My old man's got a VFR750 and TBH it does all you'd need
Handling is SOOO light and precise compared to the storm
Engine is brilliant (V-twin grunt, IL4 smoothness)
Sounds great
All day comfort
200 mile tank range

And he track days it regularly 8)
Usually still with the top box on :lol:
You'd not believe the embarassement it causes to the full on sportsbikes :oops:

Personally I think some better forks, a new shock and a high level can are all it needs
Then get a set of track bodywork (just in case) and dont look back
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!
warby221

Post by warby221 »

Hi ben
The viffer 20 years old so a bit of a grand old lady so couldn't track day the old girl :)
As I said in the early post wouldn't be doing anything till next year
So still a bit on the fence about things at the moment
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Warby, I think it's down to personal choice really, only you know what you're going to be happy with :!: Good luck with it all :)

Chris.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Sounds to me like you have already made your mind up deep down. I would look at tracking the storm as buying a 600 track bike isnt cheap, get the Storm RGd up and some track fairings (just in case). If it does end up in a gravel trap the bits are cheaper for the Storm than say an R6 or ZX6
Up to you mate, I am going naked I think...... then I might buy a bike without a fairing :lol: :lol: :lol:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
warby221

Post by warby221 »

Beamish wrote: Up to you mate, I am going naked I think...... then I might buy a bike without a fairing :lol: :lol: :lol:
O god there’s an image I didn't need just before my tea :o :o :o
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

warby221 wrote:
Beamish wrote: Up to you mate, I am going naked I think...... then I might buy a bike without a fairing :lol: :lol: :lol:
O god there’s an image I didn't need just before my tea :o :o :o
Job done then :lol:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'