R1 seat conversion(New pics added 15/11/08)

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
rst steve

R1 seat conversion(New pics added 15/11/08)

Post by rst steve »

Well managed to get to Firestormmikes house on Friday and picked up the r1 seat unit that he was going to fit onto his storm. Thank you very much Mike really nice fella hope to see you in Matlock soon. Not really had much time to get moving on it but have done a bit.

Basicly got as far as Mike did as in the seat unit is on but needs some work to make safe. The bottom mounts are all most spot on just a small spacer on each side and thats it. The top is another story going to need some pretty serious ally welding which will be getting done soon as my welder gets back from holiday (lazy Git LOL). Here are some pics of the story so far.

I think it looks really good suits the lines of the storm well. Now need to learn how to use e-bay and get buying some more bits. Will post some more pics as i get more done but may take a while. :D

P.s got a few Storm bits left over if anyone needs a seat unit lol
Last edited by rst steve on Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:32 am, edited 9 times in total.
fishface

Post by fishface »

that looks the dogs bollox ive a early r1 single seat on mine but yours im luving alot what do you have planed 4 the zorsts ??
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Not 100% sure yet but like the look of the Yoshi tri oval cans and some custom pipe work. Need to get rid of some of the old stuff now thats come off running out of space.
adfski

Post by adfski »

Looks the nuts my man. You have to try and get the exhausts under the seat where the old R1 jobbies were.

This may not be feasable but that shot of the rear of the bike looks beautiful and I can just imagine two little carbon numbers under there.

I'll even give you my slightly shoddy carbon microns just to make that happen. They need refurbing but if you have something half decent to replace them with it would be worth it. And save you pennies on new uns.

(for shoddy read scraped on one edge and missing a baffle.)
"military intelligence, two words combined that can't make sense"
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

adfski wrote:Looks the nuts my man. You have to try and get the exhausts under the seat where the old R1 jobbies were.

This may not be feasable but that shot of the rear of the bike looks beautiful and I can just imagine two little carbon numbers under there.

I'll even give you my slightly shoddy carbon microns just to make that happen. They need refurbing but if you have something half decent to replace them with it would be worth it. And save you pennies on new uns.

(for shoddy read scraped on one edge and missing a baffle.)
That is the plan to put the cans where the o.e ones would go. Problem is i hav'nt got any cans yet so can't mock them up. If you want rid of your Microns i would gratefully take them off your hands only problem is i think that your a fair distance from me so would have to sort you some postage out let me know. :D
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Steve,

Might be able to work some transport out for you.

I'll be seeing Adfksi while I'm there next weekend, coming back Weds 17:30 into Liverpool.

Wor Lass and a mate of mine are travelling in van with the bikes, so it's feasible for us to transport the cans over and maybe for you to meet them at M62 / M60 interchange or somewhere nearby? What services on 62 or 60 are there? any near? might be a good spot to meet.

Phild's also going over but assume he'll just be on Storm loaded with gear.

Obviously if you're in a hurry to get 'em this might be a elbow steer :?

Rossi, really messes with your mind!!!!! Muaahahahaha

warby221

Post by warby221 »

Gotta admit it looks tasty

But looking at that back end you may have as much difficulty in getting your leg over as I do :o :o :oops: :oops:

It looks higher than the tank hope you got some stepladders :lol: :lol:
its big----- its red ------its throbbing and it’s a thousand CC
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

If that is ok with Adfski i will certainly meet up with you somewhere loads of services around that area and i finish work at 18:00 on Wed so could go straight from work. If this can be arranged i will fidn a services on your route and meet you. When you come back to Liverpool where are you going from there so i can find a servisec that will not put you out of your way? :D
RedStormV wrote:Steve,

Might be able to work some transport out for you.

I'll be seeing Adfksi while I'm there next weekend, coming back Weds 17:30 into Liverpool.

Wor Lass and a mate of mine are travelling in van with the bikes, so it's feasible for us to transport the cans over and maybe for you to meet them at M62 / M60 interchange or somewhere nearby? What services on 62 or 60 are there? any near? might be a good spot to meet.

Phild's also going over but assume he'll just be on Storm loaded with gear.

Obviously if you're in a hurry to get 'em this might be a elbow steer :?

Rossi, really messes with your mind!!!!! Muaahahahaha

RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

We're heading back over the Pennines good old White Rose country matey, so anywhere M62 / M60N should be fine.

Will have to work out times I suppose then no-one's hanging around too long :)

Which services are nearest your work (if you plan to go straight from there) ?
stormsmasher

Post by stormsmasher »

Steve
Is there any chance of a photo of the subframe one you have it welded but before you fit it to the bike.
I picked up an 08 back end months ago and plan to mess with it in the winter.
It will make my work loads easier if you have already done the hard work in the first place...LOL

BTW, I have a good exhaust contact if you need an exhaust making in the future (based in Notts).

Daz
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Hi Daz gonna be a week or so before i get round to doin the welding but will put some before and after pics up and will do them on and off the bike and some close ups of just the subframe. In all honesty now i've got the main part cut away it does'nt look that hard. :D

P.s did you have a rear seat for this seat unit seem to remember you posting on a thread of Mikes a while back?
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Nice one mate,
i allways thought the firestorm seat unit looked good ,but that looks excellent :!: Transforms the bike 8)
Lookin forward to seeing more pics later on :!:
stormsmasher

Post by stormsmasher »

I'm sure I can supply exhaust compontents cheaper than anyone else if required.
My mate owns http://www.jacexhausts.co.uk and sells compontents to the trade as well as exhausts to the public.

Daz
stormsmasher

Post by stormsmasher »

Steve
Yes I have it somewhere, I need to sell it since it does not fit my 08 back end and I will have to search fleabay to get a newer one some time.
adfski

Post by adfski »

adfski wrote:
I'll even give you my slightly shoddy carbon microns just to make that happen. They need refurbing but if you have something half decent to replace them with it would be worth it.
Don't know if you noticed the bit about replacing them with something?

I'd be happy to change my cans for you but I ain't got anything to put back on. If you can get some cans to redstorm before he comes over then we can change them during race week and he can return with mine for you. Postage will only be about £15 if not.

Don't really want standard cans. But if their aftermarket, funny shaped or don't suit what you want to do then it may be worth doing. If you have hi level link pipes we could some sort of arrangement on postage etc.

whatever
"military intelligence, two words combined that can't make sense"