R1 seat conversion(New pics added 15/11/08)

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

warby221 wrote:Tiss looking good that pity an under seat exhaust won’t go in to keep the lines clean
The plan is to go under the seat but thats still to come :D
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

FirestormMike wrote:I was going to do mine in a Repsol scheme when I'd fitted it. Think yours would look great with a black Moriwaki bellypan on it in that scheme.
I like the Moriwaki bellypan but quite hard to get hold of and have seen another one on a Jap website think it is made by a company called Coearce or something like that. Its made from real carbon and was thinking that the hugger and front mudgaurd would be carbon too but could'nt get them to look carbon on photoshop so thought just do them black to get an idea. :D
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

rst steve wrote:
sirch345 wrote:Another good up-date Steve :!: 8)

This is turning into a very interesting project IMHO :!:

Mike will be wishing he did this to his now :wink:

I like the "OCC has nothin on me" bit :lol: hopefully you don't have Paul Senior breathing down your neck :lol: :lol:

Chris.

PS. As a substitute you could use countersunk hex headed bolts if you countersink the alloy brackets (if you don't like the idea of Mikes and yours of threading the alloy) so you the battery can clear for removal. I doubt you'll get a smaller battery without losing capacity as I was looking for a bigger capacity one for my Storm, but it meant bigger in size too :!:

Funny you should mention Paul senior. Check out this pic of my dad on his Harley loads of people call him senior lol.

The guy on the back is Charlie Gjedde a danish speedway rider who rides for Belle Vue.
I like it :lol: 8)
I can see why your dad gets called Senior :!: I just hope he doesn't moan at you like Paul Senior does to his son's :wink:
But then again it's probably put on for the TV program, I think the yanks like that sort of thing.

Chris.

PS. Not to sure about your colour scheme at the moment. I think the lighting is not that good on your bike in that pic, also it will look different again when the exhaust pipework and can's are fitted.
stormsmasher

Post by stormsmasher »

I'd be tempted to paint it red unless you intend painting the rest of the bike.
I'm sure I can fit the back end since I managed to fit my single side and USD front end, I was just being idol waiting for someone else to finish first so I don't have to put all the development work in.
The pictures make it all dead easy to be fair.

I'm just waiting for the weather to get a little colder and will then make a start on mine.

To be fair I won a pair of seats today on eBay so now have the complete back end to play with.
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

stormsmasher wrote:I'd be tempted to paint it red unless you intend painting the rest of the bike.
I'm sure I can fit the back end since I managed to fit my single side and USD front end, I was just being idol waiting for someone else to finish first so I don't have to put all the development work in.
The pictures make it all dead easy to be fair.

I'm just waiting for the weather to get a little colder and will then make a start on mine.

To be fair I won a pair of seats today on eBay so now have the complete back end to play with.
Daz in that case you should have no problem with the seat unit. I've been trying for weeks to get a rear seat and a light off ebay but keep getting sniped. Think i'm just gonna buy one from a breakers soon as i'm getting a bit fed up with e-bay now and am getting to the point where i'm gonna need them soon. :D
stormsmasher

Post by stormsmasher »

What sort of money do you think I should ask for the rear seat. I had to pay over £60 for my pair which I realise is a lot but like you I got fed up looking in the end.
I now have a pair of 04-06 black seats and a red rear 07-08 seat that I need to sell.

I'm happy to sell you the rear seat for a fair price but have no real idea what they are worth, have you checked breakers prices??
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Well got the subframe back today and it fits a treat just needs a bit of a paint and then its all systems go (well until i find another problem). Decided that the seat plastics are going red and FirestormMike keeps putting doubts in my mind as to what style of endcans to go for i fancy tri-oval style but Mike sent me a pic of his when he started the conversion with some Scorpion ovals on that looked really good. Don't know what to do :o . Got a free morning tommorow so will hopefully be able to get the subframe back on and get the wiring finalised and done and more importantly get you loverly people some more piccys :lol: Watch this space :D
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Well its on and it works :lol:

Subframe fits a treat and managed to get all the wiring in although it was a sqeeze and did'nt quite go how i had planned but when do these things ever do :?

Anyway here is some pics:

The subframe after being welded and painted.

The wiring was a pain but managed to get it all in.

Am loving the look ignore the exhaust cans these are the original ones just being used to keep the noise down when i started it. The amazing thing is it started first time and everything works :wink:

Now need to go on the hunt again for a tail tidy, rear seat, number plate and need to get my cans. Plastics being painted next week so if i can get my butt into gear might be back on the road next weekend :D

Oh anyone got any 6 spoke wheels lying around????????? :roll:
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

It's lookin great mate, well done :!:
Stevie
pmcq

Post by pmcq »

Cant wait for the next set of pics - it looks absolutely awesome. Well done Steve.

Had to do this for my own curiosity earlier... a crap photoshop job! :)

rst steve

Post by rst steve »

That looks good better than my photoshop skills which measure zero :lol:

I ordered some cans today from P.J Engineering after some long thoughts and lots of measuring i have decided to go for the tri-ovals if they dont work then they will be on here for sale. Got a really good deal to £170 for two cans in carbon and i pick them up on Friday. Gonna be loud the cans are gonna be quite stubby 240mm long should sound top :wink:

Soon as this is done gonna move onto the wheels goin for the six spokes off the blade/vfr i know they are purely cosmetic but just prefer the look of them to the three spokes. Then some wavey discs and new sticky tyres and ready for next year. Will do a bit of a thread for the wheel conversion once it gets underway.

Also made myself a tail tidy yesterday out of some ally i had left over going to be annodised next week then should be almost there.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

I think it looks better with the blue tail. Needs something blue at the front to ballance it up though.
Rich.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It's coming on a treat Steve :!: Keep up the good work :D

Cheers for the pic's,

Chris.
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

He he me got cans :lol:

Oh my god this is gonna be LOUD 8)
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Went to see Jason today at P.J Engineering was suppose to go yesterday but thats a long story anyway after the 150 mile trip i found myself in Lough surrounded by exhaust parts. After a chat with Jason over my needs we wrapped up a nice package and of i went on my 150mile return trip. Then the fun starts unpacked all the parts and started to build got two cans done and thought i need to get them on and have a look and this is the result :D

Not quite straight yet but gives you an idea. I'm well chuffed with the results think it looks awesome but feel it may be a bit loud :wink: