On cct's, choke cables and throtle position sensors.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Mr_Rusty

On cct's, choke cables and throtle position sensors.

Post by Mr_Rusty »

On he cct side, can I just say a big thank you to sirch345 for the guide on changing them, without it I would have been totally screwed :mrgreen: .

On the choke cable front; I broke the damn thing reinstalling it :evil: . Just doing the final twaek of the plunger into the carb body and 'crack' the thread parted company from the hex bit. Needless to say i am a bit miffed, just hope I can locate one tomorrow.

Now onto the question. Just how well would the bike run if the throttle position sensor is not connected?. As I was taking everything apart I noticed there was nothing in the sonsor connector, I found it haning down the side and as far as I know it has never been connected.
I would have thought there was no chance of the bike running without it or do they run when its not connected.

I await your musings and discussions with bated breath :lol:

Chris
Its a black '98 one
JohnD

Re: On cct's, choke cables and throtle position sensors.

Post by JohnD »

Mr_Rusty wrote:On he cct side, can I just say a big thank you to sirch345 for the guide on changing them, without it I would have been totally screwed :mrgreen: .
Chris
Couldn't agree with you more... sirch345 instructions make a very daunting task relatively easy! Thanks Mr :D

...however with the CCT in postition, turning that bloody little screw to wind the plunger in/out is damn fiddly! Euck!
Mr_Rusty

Re: On cct's, choke cables and throtle position sensors.

Post by Mr_Rusty »

JohnD wrote: ...however with the CCT in postition, turning that bloody little screw to wind the plunger in/out is damn fiddly! Euck!
Oh how I can so agree with that sentiment... esp when your hands are a little oily and the screwdriver keeps slipping :(

Chris
Its a black '98 one