General Bike chat
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

My worst bike ..Yamaha XS250...my best bikes were my 3 Suzukis, Gs 550, Katana 650 and Gs 850...untill i got my 'storm that was :D (touch wood ) :!:
Stevie
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

TZR 125, rebuilt the bloody thing 3 times after various seizures and I eventually found out it had been totalled and rebuilt and was still logged as a write off! Bought it from Gearge Whites in Swindon as well (A very reputable dealer) not some back street garage. I was blinded by the race rep colour scheme, wont be falling for that ever again :oops: .
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Post by Seven Of Nine Firestorm »

Had a chinese Skyjet 125 learner bike, well it did look kinda new and sporty :oops: :roll: , shame I could run faster than it would go. And may a reiterate please noone every buy one those, they are "seriously $h1t" (excuse my French)
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

Suzuki burger-crap scoot pile of doggy pooh crap handling grounded as soon as it saw a corner even worse two up evrything on max on the settings-you think the firestorms bad try one of these!! used to slide even on dry roads and rotted like only old alfas knew! :wink:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Probably my first BSA 175 Bantam :!: It seemed really powerful after my little Honda PC50 moped :lol:

But I had two crankshafts break on me while I owned it (the pin that went through the big end would snap) so the bike was off the road more than it was on :!: Needless to say I soon got rid of that bike :!:

Chris.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Not really had a bad bike tbh Timbo :D

If I had to pick one it'd probably be the TL. Just due to the mileage it had on it and the recalls I had to have sorted. But, thats not to say it was a crap bike.
patty

Post by patty »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ive owned the first 4 bikes in the first 4 posts and confirm they all cost me a fortune :lol: and are prob the worst bikes ive owned.

pat
yellow all the way...
who needs 4 cylinders when 2 are this good!!

storm no more...rsv power now.
(along with 85cc of honda finest)
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Timbo.

I always loved the 900 looks wise but remember reading the gearboxes weren't all that much cop.

Seven of Nine

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/125cc-08-LTD-EDIT ... 240%3A1307
Not exactly expensive are they?

Another vote for the X7 as least loved. I loved my Suzukis and with a full fairing thought it looked great; sort of racer like. Remember this is 1981. Swopped it for my perfect order rebuilt 250 Superdream (UOW260T).
Wrong move!!!!
Just too light, skittish and generally not good. Forks bottomed out at the slightest touch of the front brake. Probably the extra weight of the fairing I've just thought. :roll:
Talking of the front brake it was useless then just grabbed with very little feel. Probably seized up brake pistons if truth be told. C'mon. I was young and foolish (now old and foolish).
Came off that one twice. Ummmm. See dent mid way down the rhs can, slight scuff on yellow section of fairing and the flush front indicator due to wiping out the std front one!!!!

"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Post by Seven Of Nine Firestorm »

LotusSevenMan tis true they are cheap, sold mine for more than what I got it for, just a shame the engine had no guts at all. Would have been a different story if it had a Honda CBR125 engine in there.
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Never had a bad bike yet (fingers crossed)

Bandit 400, 2 VTRs, TM250 2-poke, XR650SM, Husaberg 501SM, Kwakker Z750 and now me Buell. Quite a mixed bag I suppose but all good in their own way.

The only bike out of all that lot to suffer any kind of mechanical failure was ironically the VTR!
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

firestorm996 wrote:Never had a bad bike yet (fingers crossed)

Bandit 400, 2 VTRs, TM250 2-poke, XR650SM, Husaberg 501SM, Kwakker Z750 and now me Buell. Quite a mixed bag I suppose but all good in their own way.

The only bike out of all that lot to suffer any kind of mechanical failure was ironically the VTR!
Ditto, the GSXR 600 K1, the GSXR 1000 K6, the SP-1 and the Storm were all great. I am hard on my bikes and have broken 3 of those!!! The surprise was that the 6 was the onlyone that didn't break somehow!!

The slowest and least sportiest (and by default my least fave) will get me thrown out of here so i will let you decide which one that is!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Got to be The Honda CB100N
I called the the Halfway Bike.
It would get you half way anywhere and brake down.
Electrics were shocking, it ate points and condensers and the indicators only worked when the wind was in the right direction. To top it off I burnt out the exhaust valve and because the pilot screw fell out and then one of the caliper bolts sheared off and the caliper opened up when applying the brakes and I ended up parking it up the ass of another bike.
Hated it

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Hankie

Post by Hankie »

Has got to be... Honda 250 SuperDream. Gutless motor, frame too heavy and big for the engine, and the electronic ignition failed costing an arm and leg to fix. Mate had an RD250 and always left me standing.

The bike I most enjoyed when I was a kid was the old Kawa Z250. Loved it, lightweight, handled great, revvy little motor. It felt just right for a small bike. Only problem with it was the speedo gear came off and bounced around under the rocker cover on top of the valves, ended up with a dozen bulges on top and one crack :lol: Frame rusted a bit too (well it was a Kawasaki...)

ChrisH
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Hankie.
I liked the Superdream 250 T as it had a gutless engine and frame was too heavy etc ha ha.
It would go on forever I felt with everything understressed ('cos it was really an underengined 400 T to get to the learner riders in those days).
Thought it was underbraked and no matter what pads etc I fitted I couldn't lock up the front wheel for love nor money even when trying real hard.

"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Ive changed my mind , my worst bike wasn't my xs250 but my RD200, it seized solid on my 18th birthday, riding through Ayr with a load of mates..........funny enough it got stolen the same day :!:

To say i had a brown pant moment around 3 years later when the police came to my door , just to confirm it was indeed the bike i got err stolen, saying it had been dredged out of Ayr Harbour, 8O is an understatement :!: :!: :!:

Was 26 years ago ,young and daft then i suppose :oops:
Stevie