Dunlop 208's

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Dunlop 208's

Post by Pete.L »

Anyone tried them?
After this mornings run into work what are they like in the wet?
M&P had a sale on £150 for the pair and my old Bridgestones are more than doddgy(just like my spellin)
Cheers all.
Pete.l
nobbyk

Tyres

Post by nobbyk »

Dunno, but they gotta be better than my OE 204's !

Nobby
Remember, never put off till t'moz what you can do today. If you do it today, you can do it again t'moz!! Just a thought!
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Havnt tried them yet, but i've got a set in the garage waiting to go on.....

so id be interested in how good they are too.......

i've been running 207's for the last 18 months.........
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

Thanks Guys,
I haven't recieved them yet ,due this week some time, I,ll let you know what I think of them as soon as i get em scrubbed in.

i've been running 207's for the last 18 months.........
How did you get on with them?Mileage, proformance, ect.
Pete.l
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

No probs with the 207's at all.........

been getting around 8k from the rears, (depending on how loon you ride) never had any slippy moments, so provide more than enough grip for me......(+ their cheap......@ £135 a set, delivered, from BFM.......)
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

HaHa
just realised I b*ggered up the quote.

Thanks Essexbloke. Sounds good enough for me. And the price 8O 8O I've been paying that for one rear Bridgestone.
Pete.l
Fluffy

I have a set.......

Post by Fluffy »

I have been running a set since June and done about 2k on them.

I was on 207's before and would say that they seem to warm up quicker and grip very well. They are not as "stable" as the standard 207's that where on before, not a problem it just means the bike turns in that bit quicker.

Delboy has seen one de-laminate on an SP1 so would not touch them, but I have had a Dragon EVO corsa do that on my RSV a couple of years ago which I was not to chuffed about. It shed a 2" almost perfect square of rubber which took out the front mudguard, and caused a log in me pants.

I would say if your comfortable on Dunlops now that 208's are a step up from 207's and they retain the familiar characteristics of the 207's . I would say they fall in the middle between 207's and 207RR's (Having used both before)

Not bad considering some of the big discounts available on dunlops. My local tyre place did mine for £185 the pair fitted and balanced

Hope it helps

Cya

Tony
I see no Firestorm......
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

Cheers Fluffy.
Delboy has seen one de-laminate on an SP1
Cor Blimey 8O 8O
Didn,t realise road tyres (except remoulds) did that. I thought it only happened to superbike hero's.
Oh well looks like I'll have to try and behave myself on the Tesco's run :wink:
Pete.l
Fluffy

:-)

Post by Fluffy »

Not sure what caused it on the SP1

Mine was caused apparantly by the hamfisted b8stard's at DK fitting a pair of new corsa's and a datatag at the same time. For some reason they fitted the datatag inside the rim and the transponder dislodged, and bonded onto the tyre....... a freak incident caused by a bunch of freaks at DK :-)

Tony
I see no Firestorm......
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

Ouch! The Twats!
Hope you got them to replace the damaged bits and sent them your laundry bill for good measure.
Pete.l
jsheps

208 all ok so far

Post by jsheps »

:D hi guys ive run 208s on my gixer 750 and my storm they feel like 207rr,s but last like normal road tyres 3k to 4k rear 4k to 5k front and seem all ok even in the wet.

take it easy guys jason :twisted:
W@zzA

tyres

Post by W@zzA »

208, Rear is ok but the front was shite! It blistered, cracked and wore out in the space of 900mls so now I've got a 207rr on the front much better but not as good as Pirelli Dragons I had on before the Dunlops.

Warren
W@zzA

Dunlops

Post by W@zzA »

I've now decided Dunlops are shite! The 207rr I fitted has given me no confidence on the front and the surface has dimpled just got a nail in the front so Ive decided to bin it rather than fixit, put the old 204s back on for the rest of the bad weather then I might try some MEZ3s or 4s or just go back to Pirellis.

Warren
stevieVTR

Post by stevieVTR »

Never liked Dunlops. My ZX6R came with 207s and they were shite, especially in the wet, so I ran it on Bridgestones 010 front/020 rear and they were miles better. Thing is, I got so comfortable with them I never tried any others though I never liked ME4s on my SV650s and did the Bridgestone thing with them as well.
Guess what I`ll get on the Storm when I replace the 204s!!
.... no more bike, divorce sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mpomery

Post by mpomery »

My storm came equipped with MEZ3s which I have found to be fine.
I stumbled on a local deal for MEZ3s so I had to have new pair (especially at £120 a pair fitted and balanced). These will go well with my xmas prezzie.....high level Scorpion ovals, which sound sooo good.....
Silverstorm