why no new vtr

General Bike chat
ozzie9962

why no new vtr

Post by ozzie9962 »

why havent honda built a twin headlight more sport look firestorm,i think its about time they did leave the engine and frame as it is just design a new fairing i would buy one straight away, what do you think,cheers john.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Re: why no new vtr

Post by cupasoop »

Until the FIA (or whoever makes up the rules)changes the rules in Ducati's favour and they go on another 7 or 8 year WSB unbeaten run, nobody will bother making another v twin while blades and r1's and gixxer's are cleaning up in the showrooms and the racetracks.
Rich.

Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Heart says yes but head says no. Its not easy to come up with a Euro emission/noise friendly V twin that will appeal to enough people to support the venture. Ducati are living on their image and cannot afford to change their spots. I suppose Suzuki with the SV1000 are the only manufacturer to offer a similar bike.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
blacknek

Post by blacknek »

hi there, even the aprilla rsv 1000 is a V4 now....

eddie
Beamish wrote:Heart says yes but head says no. Its not easy to come up with a Euro emission/noise friendly V twin that will appeal to enough people to support the venture. Ducati are living on their image and cannot afford to change their spots. I suppose Suzuki with the SV1000 are the only manufacturer to offer a similar bike.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Honda Are bringing out a new V-4 according to MCN a few months ago.
They are guessing it will come out in a few disguises and sizes in the following years.
Maybe there will be on which suits our needs, we'll have to wait and see.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

I hope well see more alternatives to IL4's off different manufacturers-some that may be more affordable than certain current examples.
SP1's rock!
evo360

Post by evo360 »

[quote="blacknek"]hi there, even the aprilla rsv 1000 is a V4 now....

The rsv is still a twin with the rsv4 being a completley different bike so there is still two or three out there