Been Pimping

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
tony.mon

Been Pimping

Post by tony.mon »

So I have done a few bits and pieces to the Jaundiced One,
Here's a before shot of the forks:

And here's after some hours of stripping, sanding and polishing:
Please note the PC'd wheels- much better. And I changed the shock oil while I was there- Thanks for the advice, Roger!

I fitted a Hagon remote reservoir shock a few weeks back, it's started to rust on the top collar (can't be seen, but I know it's there) which they say they'll replace after the winter FOC, which is fair enough.
I though about where to place the adjuster, and I know the traditional place is under the seat, but then I thought that maybe it would be better where I can adjust it while I'm riding. So:

Here's an idea to protect the seat cover from rucksack scratches:
Does my butt look big in this?

and lastly while the wheels were being pc'd I thought I would see what the clutch cover would look like if that was done, too:

Now all I've got to do is fit the lovely Acumen DGV that arrived this morning, which will not only show the gear but also the voltage- just in case the R6 reg/rec gets ideas!
(EDIT: fitted this evening. I'll post wire colours in workshop, in case anyone else wants to do it.)

Oh, yes, and get it to HM Racing on Monday for the Dyno setup, now the carb jet kit's on.

And that'll do for this week :D
Last edited by tony.mon on Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
marravtr

Re: Been Pimping

Post by marravtr »

looking good matey, forks av come up well! like the acumen 8)
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Love the Acumen, rest of the Storm is looking sweet
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

8)

Nice one :)
SP1's rock!
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

It's lookin good Tony :!:
Stevie
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Perhaps I need to go back to Spec Savers :lol: but in the mean-time is it possible Tony to have the pic's a bit bigger, so I can see properly all your hard work and appreciate your hours of labour :!: It's all sounding good though :D

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Hopefully now the original post has bigger piccy's :D
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

WOW! that's....er...yellow :eek2
Just kiddin Tony, what belly pan do you have n there. I don't recognise it from the pics?

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Dunno, was on there when I got it. Someone on here will know.

It's glass fibre, which is useful as I can repair the mounting point holes when they wear (done once already).

Annual black spraycan jobbie keeps it nice, and you can sand out any chips as it's quite thick.

And it stands up to being bounced off the occasional kerb/brick/small animal/cone/loose cats eye!

Fitting instructions for Acumen DGV now in a sticky in Workshop Knowledge Base.

And I know it's yellow, but I'm replacing the yellow bits with carbon as funds allow, working up from the bottom......
Anyway, no cage pilot can say "I didn't see him "........
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Cheers Tony, that's more like it, much better size of pic's :D

The polished/lacquered fork legs look good and the powder coated wheels plus clutch cover do too :!:

I imagine your theory of fitting the shock adjuster so you can adjust it on the move is, if you get pulled for speeding you can say:- I'm sorry officer but I didn't realise, as I was adjusting my pre-load at the time :lol:

All joking aside that seems like a good idea to me :!:

I do like the Acumen DGV combined volt meter and gear indicator 8)

Are you pleased with the Hagon shock :?:

Chris.

PS. Going by the pic's only (not easy to tell at those angles) it looks like your bellypan is a Pyramid Plastic's IMHO, but being made in fibreglass could be a copy, or may be an early original.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I'll post a better "side-on" shot of the bellypan when I get a minute.

Re Hagon remote shock, yeah happy with it, a distinct improvement on the original (which was probably very tired after 35,000 miles, TBH).

I was thinking about paying the extra for something with seperate rebound and damping, but then figured I'd spend even mor etime fiddling with it, so went for an easy (and cheaper) otion.

Happy with it, screwed a bit of discount out of them as the first one they sent (non-remote) had chipped paint on the spring, and got the upgrade to remote for £75 instead of £100.

May get the spring changed when I eventually change it after the winter- (bit of rust around the top collar, which you can't see but I'm not happy with as it started to go after only a few weeks, and not in winter salty weather either).

Because my daughter rides pillion every so often, having the remote where I can reach it helps to get it back to the right position after each time. There's no "detent" positions, so you can't say "three clicks in for a pillion" and then three clicks out afterwards to get back to the same place.

So a rough setting, then a bit of adjustment over the first few miles gets it back to where it should be. All you have to do is raise your weight off the seat a little and it can be turned with a gloved hand.

And it's easy to stiffen it up a bit if I feel like going for it; I don't have to get off and get the toolkit out.

And it's red, so at least the shock will go faster- YEAH RIGHT!! :D
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Most people who have a Hagon shock seem to be pleased with it. I can understand you not parting with more hard earned cash for a more expensive shock. You did alright on the discount in the end :wink2

The remote adjuster is definitely easier for altering the pre-load, and in your case with carrying a pillion now and again I'd say well worth having. A bit of a pain though with no real way of measuring how much you alter it by. How about a couple of dots with tip-ex or similar :?:

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Thought about some markings, but as my daily commute is now an hour each way on the M25 I need something to play with.