AMQ46's storm

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
AMCQ46

Re: AMQ46's storm

Post by AMCQ46 »

And now fitted

and after setting sag and ride height as Roger D reccomended, I took it for a test ride today and I am a happy boy :thumbup: feels very good and the remote preload adjuster is great for pillions or even a bit of tweaking if I want to stiffen it up when pressing on.
AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

ooooh i do like that :thumbup:
tony's got a similar one - i had a ride on his today (on the drag strip lol!) and as i'm a bit shorter than him, he just twiddled with his nob and it fitted me perfectly..... :think: :eh: 8O :silent:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Pointblank

Post by Pointblank »

Very nice :cool2
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Hagon, mine.
Put the remote beside the water filler cap, just under RH knee, and I can fiddle with it as I ride, no need to get off.

Works fine, reckon this mod's one of the best you can do on a Storm but then shows up how poor the front end is.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

I have riden Tony's and I can say that when he fiddles with his knob it makes the ride smoother... and the adjustable shock is a good idea.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

bazza696 wrote:I have riden Tony's and I can say that when he fiddles with his knob it makes the ride smoother...
8O there's no real answer to that :biggrin well not one I'd print on here anyway :lol:

AMcQ,
The Nitron shock looks good on your bike, these remote adjusters seem to be the way to go :thumbup:

Glad too hear you're happy with it :D

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

have to say it was a b8stard to get the 8mm sag set up, as screwing down the manual preload adjuster ring made the hydraulic adjuster rotate as well, and that caused the hydraulic hose to clash on the battary box, so I then had to tap that back with a block of wood...............needed 3 hands!!! :thumbdown:

But now it is set, I dont have to get the tools out again :thumbup:

This Nitron shock has a unique design feature for the low end spec / cost [ie not the full race device], as the rebound & compression damping are both adjustable, but with a single adjuster. They are set with a fixed relationship between C & R damping and as you adjust up or down they both move together with same ratio.
on a track bike that is not going to work, but for road use once you have established a good relationship between C&R you generally add a bit more or less to both.

I can confirm that the basic relationship between Comp and Rebound feels good, and then when I have a pillion, I put full preload on the remote adjuster [7.5mm on the shock] and put 5 clicks more on the damper to control the extra forces, and it is all good again :thumbup:
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMcQ,
Things are never as straight forward as one hopes sometimes are they. At least you got it fitted OK in the end. I hope you didn't scratch it :wink:

I wondered how that shock would work with having the compression and rebound damping on the same adjuster, so you've answered that question for me. I too imagine they must do that to keep the price down as you mention.

The main thing is you're happy with it :thumbup:

Chris.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Very nice, looks great AmcQ :thumbup:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

nice new Gilles rearsets.

test ride ended up a bit wet, but boots grip the pegs in wet & dry, the levers have bearings and no play or rattle.......very precise. and I have then 10mm lower and 10mm further back than standard and that feels good for my long legs.

nice :thumbup:
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i think the gold suits your bike mate, i am jealous.....lol
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

eugh,,, :sick: for a minute i forgot how gay the yellow looks :lol:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

benny hedges wrote:eugh,,, :sick: for a minute i forgot how gay the yellow looks :lol:
But Martin, on the drag strip you only got to see it from behind :lol:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

benny hedges wrote:eugh,,, :sick: for a minute i forgot how gay the yellow looks :lol:
I think you protest too much.......I think you are a closet yellow owner , bet you used yellow primer so that under the nondescript kitchen appliance White you know you have a proper yellow colour :lol:
AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

tony.mon wrote:
But Martin, on the drag strip you only got to see it from behind :lol:
thats because it looked gay and my bike was trying to elbow it.

er... hold on, that means my bike is gay too..... 8O best sell it quick and buy something faster. :beer: :beer: