Pitlochry, Perthshire

General Biker Banter
stormingjoe

Pitlochry, Perthshire

Post by stormingjoe »

As in the title, like to know what the areas like, might be going on me hols later in the year and this area is one of the options? Cheers :rolleyes4: :Beer2:
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
bikerpiker

Re: Pitlochry, Perthshire

Post by bikerpiker »

You beat me to it Mike.

It's no Blackpool that's for sure ,so dont expect nightclubs and amusements ,as i'm sure your not ,lol but there's loads of nice smaller towns and villages well worth a visit,..it's central for loads of nice drives ,Loch Tay,maybe even Balmoral etc ,Pitlochry itself is good as well,with quite a few pubs .

Not sure if you've seen this ,ive posted it before,. it's good value self-drive breaks in rather posh hotels ,prices are for 2 people including food !

CLICKY -- http://www.lochsandglens.com/selfdrivedates.
Stevie
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Shops full of tartan tat and wee hairy highlanders. Pitlochry only exists to drain the money out of tourists pockets.

If you want to head further north I'm sure tattie will rent you a nice house
Rich.

bob the builder

Post by bob the builder »

Having lived in Perth for 20 years now I can recommend Pitlochry for a stay. Yes it's tartan and touristy but me and the missus head up there on a regular basis, there are loads of reasonable B&B places and a few good places for scran with varying prices.
We are heading up there in 2 weeks time, staying at a crakin' wee guest house for 28 quid each B&B!
Best thing about this area? The roads and the scenery. I ride pretty much every day around these parts, quite often the long way home is 20-30 miles via some of the best twisties around. Normally fairly quiet and fuzz free.

If the weathers good it's as good as anywhere, with the added bonus of no midges!! ( I am from Skye remember!!)

If you head up this way let me know, the kettles always on and sometimes there are beers in the garage fridge.

:D :D
tattie

Post by tattie »

Ah,
I see that 2 of the Scottish contingent are trying their best to dissuade tourists from coming up to the Highlands.
Always found Pitlochry ok plenty of shops,pubs, eateries etc. It is always busy but there ai'nt nowt wrong with that.
Plenty of other towns and villages to visit in the surrounding areas as well as visitor attractions.

Cheers
A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

tattie wrote:Ah,
I see that 2 of the Scottish contingent are trying their best to dissuade tourists from coming up to the Highlands.
Always found Pitlochry ok plenty of shops,pubs, eateries etc. It is always busy but there ai'nt nowt wrong with that.
Plenty of other towns and villages to visit in the surrounding areas as well as visitor attractions.

Cheers
A.M.
Tattie ...if your meaning myself in my post above i certainly didn't mean it to come across like that mate, no way :!: Totally agree with what you've said re-Pitlochry above. :)
Infact those are my kind of favourite places ,the same kind of places i head for on my bike ,not very different to Oban or Inveraray .

On another forum i sometimes go on (FSM,Tim),you know the one ,..the Scottish guys were having a bike run and trying to decide on a place to ,so i put forward Oban or Inveraray................now you guys on this vtr forum have seen our pics :) ....this is what a certain Glasgow member on that particular forum came up with..

" "problem with west is most....if not all.... of the west coast is a toilet figuratively and literally (no offense intended) and most of it you can smell the raw sewage for miles around "

Aye right ,what a :Richard: he is, needless to say they went their run withoot me or i'd have had a disagreement with the bastid :!:
Stevie
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Timbo wrote:
bikerpiker wrote:
It's no Blackpool that's for sure

Thats good, Blackpool is a shithole !! :biggrin

I really dont understand why so many scots think its great, is it just because you dont have a skeggy up there? :biggrin
I dont know either Tim,,,,i suppose maybe when your single/younger then youd go for a bit of rumpy pumpy action...if you were lucky that is :lol:

I've been a few times a number of years ago ,and the sole reason was so we could take the kids to the pleasure beach ,i actually hated it.
Stevie
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

FirestormMike wrote:
bikerpiker wrote:On another forum i sometimes go on (FSM,Tim),you know the one
Yep, don't frequent it anymore though for reasons just like that. (plus others)
Aye , i think i know exactly who your on about Mike ,.
Stevie
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Pitlochry area I visit a fair bit though not Pitlochry itself.

I love it round there. Breamar, Ballater, Glenshee etc, its great on the bike.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... c0baa0df11
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

I cant believe you are slating Blackpool :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 A haven designed for large gangs of drunken brits to drag half dressed anaebriated husbands to be round the litter strewn windy streets :biggrin
If you have never been to the tower lounge on a saturday afternoon then on to funny girls for the erly evening then you have missed a treat :thumbup:

It is a total dump but it has its place in this this world......

P.S it keeps the red rose scum out of York/Whitby
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Kitch wrote:Pitlochry area I visit a fair bit though not Pitlochry itself.

Nice pics :thumbup: ,some taken from Balmaha up the East side of Loch Lomond, looking across to Inchcailloch Island???

We used to fish Loch Lomond quite often, i remember trolling along the side of Inchmurrin Island ,which has got farms, cottages and a Hotel etc, when to our surprise we motored along the side of a Nudist Beach 8O 8O They even gave us a wave :lol:
Stevie
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Kitch wrote:Pitlochry area I visit a fair bit though not Pitlochry itself.

Cheers for the nice pic's Kitch :thumbup:

Chris.
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

well looks like its will be worth a visit :thumbup: .....much more preferable to Blackpool :sick:
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.