***Banjo Bolts on the Brake Lines Cracking***

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
RQ

***Banjo Bolts on the Brake Lines Cracking***

Post by RQ »

Guys,

Word of warning, after I got the Storm back, I decided on new rubber for the front. When the lad was putting the wheel back on the bolts holding the brake line to the callipers fell apart in his hand. He showed me what had happened. The bolts had been cracking for some time as the dirt was half way into the side of the bolt already.

The bolts were after market alloys, and if he hadn't rattled it enough by accident, it could have snapped at one of those inopportune moments where something silly like my life depended on it ! Beware of the alloys !!

RQ.
W@zzA

Banjo bolts

Post by W@zzA »

Ally brake fittings (inc the banjos) are for race use only and get replaced frequantly, I only use stainless for road use as they don't corrode :idea:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

You were very fortunate mate, your front tyre needed replacing! I must admit I did'nt know alloy banjo bolts are meant for racing bikes only, although after thinking about it does make sense, thanks for the tip,
cheers Chris.
RQ

Post by RQ »

A ha ! Makes sense now !

Now so that I don't look like a complete juggler, I didn't fit the alloys !! the first owner did it. :roll:

RQ