Corrosion

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
BazilD

Corrosion

Post by BazilD »

I have an 8 month old F2 which I have been out on 3 or 4 times in the last month. What a big mistake that has been!

Even though I rinsed the bike down with water after each ride, the bike is corroding badly. White fur on starter motor, sump, all banjo bolts and banjos.

Does anyone know of a good winter corrosion inhibitor which can be applied to all these areas that last? Any ideas as to how to clean the mess up? Honda say rub corroded surfaces with wire wool, probably not a good idea on coated banjos I think!!! :?

Any help will be appreciated, I'm gutted at the state of my toy! :cry:
BazilD
Sometimes you're the bug, and sometimes you're the windscreen!
Anonymous

rusty starter

Post by Anonymous »

It's very common for the starter motor to corrode. it's just too exposed. Wire wool will clean it then you could spray it black.
W@zzA

corrosion

Post by W@zzA »

Fit some braided brake hoses with stainless fittings and banjo bolts and replace as many of the fixings as you can with stainless ones, use WD40 to spray all your electrical conections and parts that are prone to corrosion making sure you dont get any on the brake discs :idea: