Soops Saturday in the sun

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

cupasoop
Site Admin

Soops Saturday in the sun

Post by cupasoop »

Was meant to be in the house all weekend as we were getting a plasterer in to do some work but a late change of plans mean he was postponed and I had the Saturday to myself (well, at least some of it) so it was leathers on and head to the hills. The Leadhills that is.

Hills here I come (no cars)

Wanlockhead: highest village in Scotland. Love the Mennock Pass so stop here for a smoke after it. No pics of the pass as it's too much fun to stop.

Between Wanlockhead and Leadhills village. (still no cars)

Big head

Just been there (still no cars)

Leaving Leadhills village. Not often you see red tarmac up here (see if you can spot the parked car)

The Dalvine Pass. Moors, mountains, farmland, the road twists, turns, goes up and goes down......it's fecking great and a lot of it has just been resurfaced :clap: (look, a car)

Closer to the mountains (the cars have gone again)

Moniaive village for a smoke and a kitkat stop. The flags are out, they must have been expecting me.

I see ewe :roll: Single track for about 15 miles and still no cars

Decided to see what was on the other side of this bridge but had the feeling I was on someone's property so left again.

Arty bike pic for no reason

The sign of a good run

The route if anybody is interested
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sourc ... 469177&z=9[/googlemap]
Rich.

Beamish

Re: Soops Saturday in the sun

Post by Beamish »

Absolutely fantastic pics :clap: I feel like I was there :D Thats one route I have to do it looks stunning.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

That strech from F Moniaive to G the M74, was part of my run every weekend when I was 20.

I was back on the Farm in Corsock but my girlfriend [now my wife] was still in Edinburgh. On my GS1000S I would head up the 90miles run, starting on single track [with grass in the middle] to Moniaive, up the Dalivine pass to M74 , then up the A702 to old smokey. I think my record was 1.5 hrs, but I did slow down when I was on the motorway in case there was police!

Just looking at the photos makes me curse the day I thought being an engineer in birmingham was a good idea.

Thanks for the memories
AMcQ
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Wish i'd went wae you,smashin pics :thumbup: ......but needed to paint the garage.......i did have a wee run oot this mornin though,infact i went past yer hoose :)

Ps......have you just had a go at that sheep,i'm sure it's got a smile on it's face :!: :lol:
Stevie
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Very cool piccy's 8) :thumbup:
SP1's rock!
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

bikerpiker wrote:Ps......have you just had a go at that sheep,i'm sure it's got a smile on it's face :!: :lol:
I was going to but when I got close to it it said "not so rough this time steeeeeeeevieeeeeeeeee".

Must have mistaken me for someone else :p

I'm off work on Tuesday so a big run is planned, tune in later for more pics. :thumbup:
Rich.

marravtr

Post by marravtr »

nice pics! so thats wot scotland looks like :) all it did was piss it down in august when i took the kids :evil:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

marravtr wrote:nice pics! so thats wot scotland looks like :) all it did was piss it down in august when i took the kids :evil:
We switch the rain off after you've all gone home :shh:
Rich.

bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

cupasoop wrote:
bikerpiker wrote:Ps......have you just had a go at that sheep,i'm sure it's got a smile on it's face :!: :lol:
I was going to but when I got close to it it said "not so rough this time steeeeeeeevieeeeeeeeee".

Must have mistaken me for someone else :p

I'm off work on Tuesday so a big run is planned, tune in later for more pics. :thumbup:
"I was going to "....nuff said :lol:

It's Tuesday .....where did you go.....where's the pics :?: Ps... Do you fancy a run on Saturday,or are all the pass-outs used up :?:
Stevie
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

bikerpiker wrote:It's Tuesday .....where did you go.....where's the pics :?: Ps... Do you fancy a run on Saturday,or are all the pass-outs used up :?:
Mallaig :biggrin

Left the house at 6.15 this morning and it was fecking freezing :sad2 The sun didn't come out till I got to the Erskine bridge on the way back. Crossed Rannoch Moor and through Glencoe hanging onto the tail of a car coz it was so bloody foggy (low cloud, not the superbikes guy). 3000 foot mountains either side of me and you wouldnt have even known they were there.

The A830 Fort William to Mallaig, the road to the isles. Take a day off and go and do it, all 43 miles of it. What a fecking road.

Didn't take any pictures as I was having far too much fun to stop and take them.

I'll let you know about Saturday closer to the time.
Rich.

bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

I ve been there :) ,past the "Glenfinnan viaduct" (Harry Potter) and the "white sands of morar", i was in the car though,it was a good few years ago. Camped at Fort William,Glen Nevis campsite.

Its been nice and sunny here all day ,..could see the sun shining through the roof vents at work.

What you mean no pics,.. ffs :mad2 ...we want pics :!:
Stevie
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

cracking pics there boy'o....
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Timbo wrote:I've been to Mallaig, fantastic road out along the coast of Loch summatorother past the Harry Potter viaduct, been over that on a train years ago, that was cool.

I am rather jealous of you guys up there. Scotland is quite probably my favouritest place on earth. Best time of year, February, so crisp and clear and nobody there, amazing. :thumbup:

You are lucky chaps living up there.
OOops....i didn't recognise that loch name " summatorother "so to see where it was ...i honestly nearly "googled " it..........it is early though :oops: :lol:
Stevie
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Timbo wrote:
bikerpiker wrote:
Timbo wrote:I've been to Mallaig, fantastic road out along the coast of Loch summatorother past the Harry Potter viaduct, been over that on a train years ago, that was cool.

I am rather jealous of you guys up there. Scotland is quite probably my favouritest place on earth. Best time of year, February, so crisp and clear and nobody there, amazing. :thumbup:

You are lucky chaps living up there.
OOops....i didn't recognise that loch name " summatorother "so to see where it was ...i honestly nearly "googled " it..........it is early though :oops: :lol:
:clap: :crazy: :thumbup: That made me laugh :) been there, done that :)
As i said,it was early ,lol....and there are a lot of lochs wae funny names up here :lol:
Stevie
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Nice pic's there Rich :thumbup: It must have been a great ride with hardly any cars about,

Chris.