ART Titanium HL cans fitted, the results.

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
JIMMYJAMES

ART Titanium HL cans fitted, the results.

Post by JIMMYJAMES »

What do you think? Now the other cans are sold i can reveal that the full kit including the link pipes, brackets, clamps, hangers and DB killers cost the tiny sum of £90 including carriage, bargain me thinks! Now all i have to do is sort out the minor damage. I have ordered a new strap from A16 with some extra rivets so the plan now ist to remove the sleve rub it back with wet and dry and attempt to polish it. I will keep this thread updated with progress with more pictures of course.

Sorry about the crappy pictures and the state of my bike, sometimes i think i would be better with a scrambler where i live :(
Red (the fastest colour) 98 Storm, APE CCT's ART Titanium high level cans, Airblade smoked double bubble screen and the shopping list is still growing!
gilson

Re: ART Titanium HL cans fitted, the results.

Post by gilson »

Nice, I like the hangers, well they are not really hangers are they... ...
No bike (yet).
JIMMYJAMES

Post by JIMMYJAMES »

gilson wrote:Nice, I like the hangers, well they are not really hangers are they... ...
Aparently they are the ones ART supplied for the Firestorm, the only problem i have with them is they are not very secure. They only hold on the friction of one bolt.
Red (the fastest colour) 98 Storm, APE CCT's ART Titanium high level cans, Airblade smoked double bubble screen and the shopping list is still growing!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Funny really, Art supplying hangers that aren't very secure, and them selling replacement cans, too........
H'mmm :confused
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

They look good to me, they look (position wise) very similar to my high level Scorpions.

Chris.
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

I really like those mounts - and the gentler angle of the link pipes - I'd love to have a template of the brackets (hint hint, lol) - and the dimensions of the links - I am gonna get some new ones bent anyway, shallower than the 90 degrees the blueflames are at - and those are spot on!

=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

JIMMYJAMES

Post by JIMMYJAMES »

cliveyandrews wrote:I really like those mounts - and the gentler angle of the link pipes - I'd love to have a template of the brackets (hint hint, lol) - and the dimensions of the links - I am gonna get some new ones bent anyway, shallower than the 90 degrees the blueflames are at - and those are spot on!
I will take some close ups of the brackets, the pilion extensions and measure the brackets for you if you like? The old rubber inserts on the peg hangers were removed in favor of a solid aluminium insert which is much firmer than mounting on the rubber ones. They haven't moved since fitting them so they must be fairly good.
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

JIMMYJAMES wrote:
cliveyandrews wrote:I really like those mounts - and the gentler angle of the link pipes - I'd love to have a template of the brackets (hint hint, lol) - and the dimensions of the links - I am gonna get some new ones bent anyway, shallower than the 90 degrees the blueflames are at - and those are spot on!
I will take some close ups of the brackets, the pilion extensions and measure the brackets for you if you like? The old rubber inserts on the peg hangers were removed in favor of a solid aluminium insert which is much firmer than mounting on the rubber ones. They haven't moved since fitting them so they must be fairly good.
Nice one - I have pillion extensions with the BlueFlames anyway, the brackets are just a cut and bend job - so a flat template would do. As for the link pipes - a trip to the local "chav-up tuning shop" should find me a pipe bender who can copy the angles but shallow them out and move them back....

Once I get them sorted, I may get a batch done - and sell them to recoup my design work...

:clap:

Audi, Vide, Tace

stormsmasher

Post by stormsmasher »

When new ART ones came with longer bolts.....I know since I designed them!!!!

Daz
JIMMYJAMES

Post by JIMMYJAMES »

cliveyandrews wrote:
JIMMYJAMES wrote:
Nice one - I have pillion extensions with the BlueFlames anyway, the brackets are just a cut and bend job - so a flat template would do. As for the link pipes - a trip to the local "chav-up tuning shop" should find me a pipe bender who can copy the angles but shallow them out and move them back....

Once I get them sorted, I may get a batch done - and sell them to recoup my design work...

:clap:
I haven't forgotten you mate :thumbup: I need to take some better pictures when the weather improves as i have removed most of the damage from the can and polished them now, she's looking good :D
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

JIMMYJAMES wrote:
I haven't forgotten you mate :thumbup: I need to take some better pictures when the weather improves as i have removed most of the damage from the can and polished them now, she's looking good :D
Thanks, I have someone who can copy the bends - the only really useful bit of info I need is how far back the link pipe finishes, and joins to the can - I would estimate yours is about 50mm further back - I am asking the guy to work from Art dimensions - but as the stubbys are so short, I'd like them to exit as far back as poss - even if I have to bespoke the brackets....

Cheers!

Audi, Vide, Tace

stormsmasher

Post by stormsmasher »

Clive
It's no big deal since I will get your pipes make with extra on the ends, you can then simply fit and cut to the length that suits. I will get Wayne to put a mmark where they should normally be cut as a guide.

The pipes were originally designed for 400mm cans if that gives you an idea.

Daz
steveb

Post by steveb »

I'd really like a set of high level link pipes, I see Cliveyandrews is keen to have a set made up.

Can an extra pair be done for me? How much would they be?

Cheers Steve
Happy ridin'
-------------------------------------------------
98 Honda Firestorm in black for tarmac grin's
98 Yamaha WR250z for green lane grin's
-------------------------------------------------
stormsmasher

Post by stormsmasher »

I can get them done for £75 plus postage from a mate.

Daz
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

stormsmasher wrote:I can get them done for £75 plus postage from a mate.

Daz

(You should already have me pencilled in from Yahoo Groups mate - bless ya!)

Audi, Vide, Tace