Wont Start

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
DPR11

Wont Start

Post by DPR11 »

My VTR has still to prove itself, now the bloody thing wont start, the battery is fully charged, i`m getting a click click from the left hand side of the rear fairing, any clues?

Danny
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Re: Wont Start

Post by RedStormV »

Hi Danny,

Always worth doing a search on Workshop or trawling through the posts in there.

Anyhoo - Clicking starter relay usually means the juice isn't getting to the starter.

Read this thread... Big Clue - Click Here

Should sort you out mate
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Post by Seven Of Nine Firestorm »

any burning smells from the back Rectifier gone
DPR11

Post by DPR11 »

No burning ..........thank goodness,

Thought i`d take the most obvious route and got a new battery.......which would appear to have done the trick :D fired up straight away, i did check all the other things suggested like the starter cable ect which seems to be in tip top condition, looks as if its had a new starter......which is a bonus.

Since owning the storm its spent more time with the bloke i bought it from, so when it came back after a 3 week spell getting the cam timing done yesterday and then it not starting this morning.......well you can imagine how impressed i was NOT :thumbdown: the air was blue and it had nothing to with the temperature outside.

Anyway fingers crossed i have exorsised its demons and when i get my confidence in the thing i`ll start to enjoy it.

Cheers for all the replies :thumbup:

Danny
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

Check the output from the alternator by putting a voltmeter across the battery terminals, take the revs to 5000 the volts should not go above 15v if they do the Reg/Rec is F#'*ked DO IT NOW better to check than blow another battery.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.