Cooling Fan

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
tattie

Cooling Fan

Post by tattie »

Fired bike up tonight for the first time in a few weeks as you do, and as I have never heard the cooling fan come on, I let it sit running for a while the needle kept going up and was about 1mm in to the red and the fan was still not on. In the 2 1/2 years I have had the bike I have never heard it come on.

Question 1. Does it have to be well in to the red before it kicks in :?:
2. Or is there a sender unit that is knackered. :?:

My mate says his fan comes on well before the red zone.

Cheers

A.M. :?:
Common sense ain't all that common!
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Thats right it should.

check the fuse first, if ok then on the right radiator, look at the end that faces the rear of the bike. There should be a black plastic coated female spade connector that is pushed over the temperature switch. Pull this off and earth it somewhere and the fan should run (with the ignition on). If so check coolant level and replace faultly switch. If not then check the connector is engaged on the front facing side of the same radiator, if it is and still not working then check there is 12v on said connector when ignition is on and female spade is earthed. If 12v present but still not running then fans fooked. Check it on a 12v DC source to be sure. Then email me as I might have one.

Del.
tattie

Post by tattie »

:) Thanks Del

I will check it out first week.

Cheers A.M. :D
tattie

Post by tattie »

:Checked the fuse this afternoon and it was blown, fitted the spare and fired the bike up and let it run.
The fan cut in at around half way on the guage. I will keep an eye on it to see that it continues to operate ok over the next few weeks.
Can the fuses be bought at the like of Halfords or are they a bike shop item?

Cheers again

A.M.
W@zzA

Fuses

Post by W@zzA »

Try your Honda dealer they're called mini blade fuses :!:
If you can't find any try Vehicle Wiring Products on 0115 9305454 they stock em, they also have a good catalogue of electrical bits an bobs ie charger sockets, waterproof mini blade fuse holders, jap size bullit connectors with clear sleeves (same as indicator bullits) I think they even do the new waterproof type ones fitted to the later models.

Warren
If it aint got the throb it don't do the job! PB.