maxxis

General Bike chat
chuxsta

maxxis

Post by chuxsta »

sooooooooooo

has any one actually tried these yet?

i have always been a believer in you get what you pay for..

you go to tescos n buy a rump steak for £3 or you go to a farm shop and buy the same weight steak for £10 you know where your extra £7 has gone...

the fact the maxxis are so cheap is a put off just like tescos steak is.
but are they trying to break into a market of road tyres by undercutting to get a foot hold?

would love to hear peoples views on these rubbers, i need a new set of shoes on the storm and a new pair of these is the same price as a single rear bridgestone.
Giddsy

Re: maxxis

Post by Giddsy »

Hear what you're saying but not so with maxxis... They are chuffing good IMHO... not heard a bad word said about 'em...
strachg

Post by strachg »

Never actually heard of this make before usually use michelin but at 230 a set there very expensive. Next time i need tyres think i will try these magic price think of all the extra :beer: that can be bought with the savings. The reason i buy 2ct tyres is that i commute to work and they last longer. Do maxxis tyres last long.
Giddsy

Post by Giddsy »

Not sure, I didn't record the mileage when I put them on. I suspect they don't last as well as the usual suspects but definitely not far off..
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

this is the thing, every time i hear good words about the maxxis tyre they are always from some one who hasnt used them..

im still yet to speak to some one who used to use a high end road tyre and tried the maxxis in both wet and dry..
chojindan

Post by chojindan »

Well i've just ordered some supermaxx tyres from DK to put on the storm - i'll let you know what I think when i get them fitted :cool2
Giddsy

Post by Giddsy »

I have used 'em mate! They are on bike now, have been for a while now. Just said I didn't note mileage down so not sure of how long they last. Would guess at about 2000 and they are still doing fine... that's in wet and dry. End of the day for 120 notes for both it's gotta be worth a try... Unless you are a road going Rossi I am confident you'll be happy with 'em.
strachg

Post by strachg »

my pilot road 2's last around 6500-7000 miles on my zed750. If the maxis last for over half of that then im laughing.
Soutie

Post by Soutie »

I have been using the Maxxis sport front and back, the handling is ok with no major slips in the wet or dry BUT I have only got +/-2700 miles out of the rear and the wear strips are real close. I was thinking of trying a Maxxis touring tyre for the rear and keeping the sport on the front>
mannock18

Post by mannock18 »

I'm on my 3rd set of supermaxx now and have no grumbles whatsoever. Switched to them from BT020's and can't tell any difference. I do a minimum of 50 a miles a day and up to 120 miles. It's my only form of transport, 'part from the train! I don't plan using anything else until they realise their full value. Normally get 4,5 to 5 thou on them.