VTR splutter

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Jacey Boy

VTR splutter

Post by Jacey Boy »

Bought my VTR in January, its 2001(F1) and has covered just 4500 miles, it has Micron Race Cans and I have covered just 90 miles since owning it, rode in to work today and it has a tendancy to splutter at low revs, and sometimes stall when pulling the clutch in, but the tickover is fine at around 1100rpm!

Could it be the pipes that is causing the problem and needs tuning to take the extra air? :cry:
Jacey Boy
2000/W SP1
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

Carbs ballanced recently??
Jacey Boy

Post by Jacey Boy »

No just a service, so maybe they are out of balance and need setting up to cope with the pipes :roll:
Jacey Boy
2000/W SP1
kingster

Post by kingster »

Ahh Jacey Boy... you finally got yourself sorted with a bike then?

As a fellow Bournemouth resident (although I'm off ooop north soon), fancy meeting up at the weekend to see if a good ol thrash will sort out your carb problems :wink:

I got mine out to go to work today, but flat battery :cry: so it could do with a run out.

Kingster
always try and put youself in a position to take advantage of the available luck!
Jacey Boy

Post by Jacey Boy »

Yes mate all sorted :lol:

Love it to bits, had one back in 1999 and forgot how good they were, maybe we could meet out at the Quay one Tuesday :roll:

Took mine to work today also, have been using a trickle charger which is cool and does the trick
Jacey Boy
2000/W SP1
kingster

Post by kingster »

yeah, mines on the OptiMate as we speak, but it's shared between my bother's and his missus's bikes. Must get one of my own.

As for the Quay, I'll check it out next week (if it's not pissin down), but then I'm re-locating to Geordieland end of Feb m8, so may only catch you when I come back down to visit me bro'.

I'm going to go for a decent blast this weekend anyway (if it's not...) as the bike will be staying here until I can get a garage sorted ooop north.

Cheers

Kingster
always try and put youself in a position to take advantage of the available luck!
Jacey Boy

Post by Jacey Boy »

Nice one mate, just post on here.

The chargers are about £25 from RS :wink:
Jacey Boy
2000/W SP1
markg

Re: VTR splutter

Post by markg »

Jacey Boy wrote:Bought my VTR in January, its 2001(F1) and has covered just 4500 miles, it has Micron Race Cans and I have covered just 90 miles since owning it, rode in to work today and it has a tendancy to splutter at low revs, and sometimes stall when pulling the clutch in, but the tickover is fine at around 1100rpm!

Could it be the pipes that is causing the problem and needs tuning to take the extra air? :cry:
Hi Jacey Boy,I might be wrong but I remember a simular thread being on here about a year ago when I bought my Storm last March.If I remember rightly they all have this problem at low revs like if you are going through a town and the bike will splutter and die if you don't catch the throttle soon enough.Mine has done it a few times like at junctions which is annoying but i've just learn't to live with it.
RQ

Post by RQ »

Same as mine guys,

I find it only happens if the engine is cold, even using the choke it can die unexpectedly.

RQ.
Jacey Boy

Post by Jacey Boy »

Hmmm seems that its normal for the twins then, so no carb set up needed then :lol:
Jacey Boy
2000/W SP1
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

mine also does this but not a big problem, just have to expect it. Seems more prone when stopping from high speeds.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Hi Jaceyboy,
Mine also cuts out when it feels like it, just beware of it happening when pulling away from tee junctions when turning left or right. Who's this RS selling optimate battery chargers at that price
cheers Chris.
Jacey Boy

Post by Jacey Boy »

RS Components Mate :o
Jacey Boy
2000/W SP1
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Thanks for the reply mate but I dont recal them are they on line
Chris
Jacey Boy